English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello. This is Samuel's fifth outline^^

Go down

Hello. This is Samuel's fifth outline^^ Empty Hello. This is Samuel's fifth outline^^

Post  samuel Sun Apr 20 2008, 15:48

Samuel (Sang-hee Lee) 2004073016 Department of Ethics Education

Dialogue

Teacher: We are going to discuss about computers in the classrooms. Do you have any positive or negative ideas about that?

David: I think that all classrooms should have computers. First, we can type up stories and diaries and save them easily. Second, teachers can use the computers to help explain difficult topics, so that we can learn more.

Tony: I agree with David. We can use them to find information for projects quickly. I think all classrooms should have computers.

Sally: I don't agree with that. Students have to study with their textbooks. If they had their personal computers, they would not study very hard. Students can play computer games, and they can even buy something during the class. I think it's better to study only with their textbooks, not with computers.

General objective

Make the students think about social about social events.

Specific objective

Learn how to use transitions.

Learn how to present their opinions.

Learn how to debate about social events(agree or disagree).

Lesson Sequence:

[Noticing]

1. Make the students close their books and think about whether the personal computers are necessary or not in the classroom.

(Class, please close your books and think about personal computers in the classroom. Are they necessary or not?)

2. Make free presentations what the students think. It's all right if the students want to present in Korean, but the teacher have to encourage the student to present in English.

(I want you to present your own opinions. Any volunteers? It's OK if you want to present in Korean. But you can get some advantage when you present in English. Don't worry about your grammar and some other mistakes.)

3. Make the students argue about that topic.

4. Have two students open their books and read the dialogue.

(OK. Now Selimhan and Ali, please open your books and read the dialogue.)

5. Make the students think about the dialogue and argue about the dialogue.

(Please think about the dialogue and present whether you agree or not.)

6. Make all the students open their books and read it again.

We are going to discuss about computers in the classrooms.

think, talk libraries, parks

I think that all classrooms should have computers.

students, people, cars

I agree with David.

Tom, Sam, Bob

Students have to study with their textbooks.

notebooks, computers

First, we can type up stories and diaries and save them easily.

Second, Third, moreover
[Drill]

→ The teacher reads the sentence and students read the sentence with the substituted words.

eg)

Teacher: We are going to discuss about computers in the classrooms.

Students: We are going to think about computers in the libraries.

Students: We are going to talk about computers in the parks.

[Enunciation]

Sounds

classroom, textbook

positive, negative

stories, diaries

they, very, play, only

Words

with, think, should, more

dis-cuss, pro-ject

po-si-tive, ne-ga-tive

Sentences

I think that all classrooms should have computers.

I don't agree with that.

I think it's better to study only with their textbooks, not with computers.

1. The teacher reads these sentences with wrong enunciation, students have to answer whether the enunciation is right or wrong.

2. Let the students practice enunciation by pairs.

(OK. Please practice the enunciation with your partners. You can clap when you pronounce the underlined words.)

[Discourse]

( ): We are ①(go) to discuss about computers in the classrooms. Do you have any ( ) or ( ) ideas about that?

David: I think that all classrooms should have computers. First, we can type up stories and diaries and save them easily. ( ), teachers can use the computers to help explain difficult topics, so that we can learn more.

Tony: I agree with ( ). We can use ②(it/them) to find information for projects quickly. I think all classrooms should have computers.

Sally: I don't agree with that. Students have to study with their textbooks. If they had their personal computers, they would not study very hard. Students can play computer games, and they can even buy something during the class. I think it's (good) to study only with their textbooks, not with computers.

1. Make the students close their books and fill in the blanks with their partners.

(Please fill in the blanks with your partners to complete the dialogue.)

2. Make the students present what they did.

(I want you to present what you did. Any volunteers?)

3. Let the students think about whether the answer is right or wrong.

4. Make the students change the form of verb at ①. I want to teach the students that "be going to" is similar with "will"

5. Make the students choose the right word at ②. I want to teach the students about plural form and single form.

[Production activity]

OK, now you learned about how to use transitions, how to present your opinions how to debate about social events(agree and disagree). This is your turn. Please make your own dialogue about social events. the dialogue have to transitions, opinions(agree and disagree). Do it with your partners.
samuel
samuel
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down