English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 4

2 posters

Go down

Journal 4 Empty Journal 4

Post  Sera Jung Tue May 27 2008, 19:32

Good afternoon everyone. I am Sera Jung and junior this year. I am going to talk about song named ‘circle of life’ from the lion king sound track. When I heard this song in class, it took time to remember and recognize that this song was from Lion King as it was elementary school student when I watched that movie. However due to the memory in my mind that series of Disney animations always make me happy after watching movie, I started feeling interested in this song more and more. The things that make me impressed were its melody and meaning of the song.

At the beginning of the song, its sound is not loud and does not have distinguishing feature to attract my attention. However as it keeps on, at the third part of this song ‘ in the circle of life~ ’ my heart starts to feel full and overflowing joy. Moreover I feel like that sun gives out bright light toward me after my finishing long walk in a long and dark passage. Also due to the smooth flowing of its melody, I could get immersed this song in a natural way.

Next, though the words of this song were so simple, the meaning it gives is rather abstract like philosophy and allows me to think twice myself to find what intended message of this song is and relate its story with real life situation. Thinking of the name of this song, circle of life, I considered third part most impressive and important. When I think about the characteristic of circle, I could realize that it has no beginning and end to it, in other words, it ends at the start point and vice versa. Most people are running and working competing with others to win and reach ultimate goals in life. However we can say that we are running towards nothing, which is the beginning .As there is no destination in life and wining has no meaning, people created meaning for winning themselves. They started competing with an invisible competitor without a frame of rules. We repeated this again and again not viewing the full circle and realizing the rules of circle of life also. Moreover, the circle of life has unalterable past and uncertain future. Once time has passed, we could not come back. Like how the direction keeps on changing in the circle, the future keeps on changing in the life suggesting uncertain future nobody can predict. Unfortunately we cannot escape from it. But when we accept this situation as one of characteristics of life we have to encounter, it may also help broad our views toward the life to see both positive and negative side .

It was really interesting to think about the song and interpret its meaning in my words. As there are not certain fixed answers for it, I could stretch my imagination. I also realized that song served as giving messages to listener in addition to entertaining them .

That's all for my presentation and thanks for your attention!
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty Re: Journal 4

Post  Ji hye Lim Sat Jun 14 2008, 18:14

I also like this song. During reading your journal, many desney animations come across my minde. I really liked all desney moive's song when I was little. All the song had beautiful rhythm and words. When I hear these musics, it reminds me of my happy childhood memory. Personally, I think that old desney movie is better than nowdays. Tha's not elaborate like thesedays animation but hand-painted picture give me more warm feeling. Wink
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down