English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Journal 5] Friends and Family

+2
Youn Sujin
Jung namsook
6 posters

Go down

[Journal 5] Friends and Family Empty [Journal 5] Friends and Family

Post  Jung namsook Mon Jun 02 2008, 21:17

Friends and Family

When you’re thinking about what you want to do with your life, friends and family are a great resource. They can give you information about things like jobs, school, and traveling to other parts of the world. They’ve done a lot of learning in their lives, and you can use it to decide what you want to do with yours. Friends and family have many things in common, while they are not the same relationships and every relationship is essential for a happy life.

Good friends and good family are often used in a place of each other, but there is a basic distinction to be made between them. Friendship is a unique form of human bonding, and it is not defined, or regulated by law. It could be a deep relationship combining trust, support, communication, loyalty, and understanding. Family hood, on the other hand, is the relationship that the law defines between spouses, and between parents and children, and tells us how to act in them; it does not do the same for friendship.

Despite a basic distinction, there is much in common between friendship and family hood. Do you think family can build friendship? I’m very positive about it. From my experience, my elder sisters and I became true friends, and cultivated friendship because we got to know each other very well on account of spending much time together. As a result, we have trust, understanding, and affection. My sisters live far away from my home, but we keep in touch with each other. They always accept and respect me, keep confidences, and be loyal to me.

As time goes by, it’s getting less meaningful to have a close friend and family. Since increasing numbers of people choose to live alone, or want to have a small family. They have a trend toward self-indulgence, and lack of commitment in our society. However, we always need a person who is willing to listen, and understand us. The person could be a friend like a family, or a family like a good friend. Building a good relationship is the power we led to live as human beings. Without the energy, we cannot get over lots of troubles in our lives.

Friendship and family are basically formed in a different way. Friendship, unlike relations with relatives, reflects personal choice, while family, for better or worse, is a condition of birth that we have no choice in. However, a friend and a family occupy important places in our lives. When we have a good relationship with someone, it makes us feel happy, and joyful. Furthermore, it motivates us to see how wonderful life is and why we are living
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[Journal 5] Friends and Family Empty Re: [Journal 5] Friends and Family

Post  Youn Sujin Tue Jun 03 2008, 01:14

You have very positive view on friend and family. Those realtionships are the most special, and important things in our life, I think. That's because I also gain my energy from building, maintaining those good relationships. Whenever I meet new people, I feel happy and eager to be one of his/her friends. However, sometimes I forget about things that I should do, or should not do as a friend. Usually, this doesn't make a big trouble, but I think I have to be careful to build good relationship.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Tue Jun 03 2008, 16:28

Your essay just warms up my heart and shows how considerate person you are. I also feel that my yournger sister is the strongest backup of mine and take lots of advices, even though she's 5 years younger than me. She is my family and at the same time true friend. And you are really lucky to have those sisters supporting you all the times.
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Tue Jun 03 2008, 18:40

We are really a good friend between me and my sister. We have shared everything we have all together. This essay really remind me of my lovely sister again. I have never seen her almost for 1 year. However, the good thing is that she is coming soon after finishing summer school in America. I have had many words for her since two years ago. I can't wait for the end of July.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Thu Jun 05 2008, 12:51

All of us have good families. I am always jealous that you have many (3) sisters who advise around you, especially older ones. I also have good relationship with my younger sister and brother. Age and marriage tied us strongly. I sometimes regret why I didn't make good memories with my siblings before marriage. Thinking relationship and necessity of siblings made me try to give my son siblings. Do I have to?
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji hye Lim Mon Jun 16 2008, 11:40

Friend and family, these two words give me warm feeling. As I grow older and order, I feel that these tow things are really important in my life. Until now, I usually get many thigns from them. However from now, I want give them many things. Razz
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down