English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP2: A teacher who inspired me.

+3
Hyun a Ji
Jason Renshaw
Cho Jun-woo
7 posters

Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me. Empty OP2: A teacher who inspired me.

Post  Cho Jun-woo Sun Mar 30 2008, 07:59

Fortunately, I met many good teachers. Among them, I want to talk about humane teacher. He was my history teacher and a teacher in charge. His name is Mr. park.
After graduation, I sometimes met him, regularly.

He is strict teacher. When students did something wrong, he didn't save punishment. Nevertheless, anyone hated him and complained him. He is a real leader. I believe a real leader should laed a mind. His words get into our mind. He was always interested in all student. He liked to talk with students so could know background of all students. So, he helped many poor students. He gave scholarship to students as himself.

He was also a teacher the night school for poor students. He always emphasized helping poor people. At the end of the semester, he presented books to all students with letter. He considered insterestings and aptitude. It was so moving.

During, write down this topic, I thought about what is real teacher. Teaching technique, skills surely all things are important. However, teacher should be a model of what a man ought to be.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sun Mar 30 2008, 09:07; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : (Title format...))
Cho Jun-woo
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me. Empty Jun-woo's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Sun Mar 30 2008, 08:59

Hi Jun-woo,

Excellent effort and it is so great to see your contribution here in the forum. I know you're a quiet kind of guy, but your writing shows what a good and perceptive person you are. I am also so happy to see how much your writing basics are improving. The way you address the topic and use your paragraphs is such a huge improvement on the first writing efforts I saw from you at the start of this term (just 4 weeks ago!). Please try to get in here and write more often, because even if you don't know it you actually have some potential as a writer of English.

I was quite moved to read your description of the teacher who inspired you... What an amazing man he appears to be. I think the points you make about teaching not just being about skills and techniques are so very valid, too. You're absolutely right: a teacher needs to be a good leader and a role model as a person in the broader society.

Below I've posted some suggestions relevant to your language development:

Cho Jun-woo wrote:Fortunately, I met many good teachers. Among them, I want to talk about humane teacher. He was my history teacher and a teacher in charge. His name is Mr. park. After graduation, I sometimes met him, regularly.

He is strict teacher. Question When students did something wrong, he didn't save punishment. Question Nevertheless, anyone hated him and complained him. He is a real leader. I believe a real leader should laed a mind. His words get into our mind. He was always interested in all student. He liked to talk with students so could know background of all students. So, he helped many poor students. He gave scholarship to students as himself.

He was also a teacher the night school for poor students. He always emphasized helping poor people. At the end of the semester, he presented books to all students with letter. He considered insterestings and aptitude. It was so moving.

Question During, write down this topic, I thought about what is real teacher. Teaching technique, skills surely all things are important. However, teacher should be a model of what a man ought to be.

Cool When students did something wrong, he didn't hold back when it came to punishment

Cool Nevertheless, nobody hated him or complained about him

Cool As I worked my way through this topic, I thought about what a real teacher is or should be

Other than that, be a little careful with your spelling. Also try to be consistent with your verb tenses. It's sometimes a little hard to tell whether you are referring to this teacher in the past or in the present. It's okay to talk about both, but try to keep each sentence with a consistent tense (past or present).

All in all, I am delighted with your writing. Essays do not need to be super long to create a strong point. Your approach is simple, but elegant and powerful in its message. I really enjoyed reading it.

Please do visit the forum more regularly and start trying to give feedback to your classmates. You do not need to be a writing expert to give good thoughts to them, and they will appreciate your perspective. No doubt the ladies in the class will also love having your handsome picture popping up next to comments underneath their writing!

Take care Jun-woo and see you in class,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me. Empty I want to be a real teacher as well.

Post  Hyun a Ji Sun Mar 30 2008, 16:51

You are lucky because you met great teacher.
I think it's difficult to teach in the night school.
The teacher the night school for poor students is great person.
I didn't met that kind of teacher.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me. Empty What a dedicated teacher he is!

Post  Jongwoo Mon Mar 31 2008, 21:27

Mr. Park certainly is a powerful leader with strong sense of duty. Teaching full-time is quite a tough job, yet he makes extra efforts to provide more chances of learning to underpriviledged. How humane and passionate of him! I am really impressed at your story.

Last edited by Jongwoo on Thu Jun 05 2008, 14:27; edited 1 time in total
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me. Empty Re: OP2: A teacher who inspired me.

Post  Younghee choi Mon Mar 31 2008, 21:47

I always wished that I could teach a night class for the poor, but my laziness and lack of courage has kept me from realizing that little dream. I admire those who suit the action to the word and care for the underprivileged.
Your teacher seems to be very strict on the surface but have a tender heart in him.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jueun, Jung Tue Apr 01 2008, 17:37

I guess the reason for students followed your teacher well and accepted his strict rules might be that they could see his warm-hearted mind inside him and respect him from the bottom of their heart. How could they not admire him when they knew what he had done for students in need? It's impossible! Since it is hard to find a real teacher these days, I assumed that you are a lucky guy.

-Jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me. Empty RE:[OP2]

Post  Jongwoo Sun Jun 01 2008, 11:22

After readig your story again, I felt the same feeling that I had when I read it for the first time. Regardless of a method, whether a teacher takes carrots or sticks to 'tame' students, the attitude and love of the teacher toward students determine the efficiency of the method that he or she takes. Again, your teacher was great.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Youn Sujin Wed Jun 04 2008, 13:41

Your teacher really loved his students! It's good for you to have met a teacher like him, who really cares about students, and their backgrounds, problems. I envy you, though I don't think I could endure punishment.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down