English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

+4
Jueun, Jung
Jung namsook
Younghee choi
Inkab
8 posters

Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

Post  Inkab Sun Mar 30 2008, 22:02

OP3> How English benefits Korea as a nation

Historically, many countries in Europe have focused on English education, realizing that fluent English ability contributes their nation in various aspects. Those include advantages related to economic and cultural aspects of our country, as well as the benefits for the future generation.

First of all, English benefits the economy of our nation. Nowadays, there are no boundaries between the nations, which means various economic activities like import, export, and mergers are conducted with no limitation. When making contracts or deals on business, in most cases English is used as the official language; therefore, people who have more proficiency in English will overtake the dominant position in their deal. Although recent criticism says that trades are more inclined to China and the third worlds, so learning local languages is considered more important than learning English. Nevertheless, since large percent of our business relies on English speaking countries, as long as obtaining up-to-date information through analyzing abundant English written text on the internet is regarded crucial for successful business, English will definitely give contribution to the nation’s economy.

Moreover, English takes important role in cultural aspect. There is a famous group called VANK who are looking for misinformation on the history of our nation and correct those distorted information. The beginning of this organization was from e-pal in English through which now most members try to spread right information on our history. They also try to send the letter, for instance, to publishing companies where wrong information is printed their encyclopedia, to UN, and to prestigious universities in order to convey correct knowledge on the culture and history of our nation. Here, English was used as main device delivering the facts and cultural knowledge, which, in turn, will be beneficial to cultivating our culture.

Finally, English will help our younger generation broaden their knowledge and be given more opportunities for jobs on the global basis. Most decent jobs either domestic or overseas need fluent English ability. People from India, for instance, easily obtain teaching positions in the universities in US.. Moreover, their high employment rate in countries other than India demonstrates English is an important element to equip our children to be competent for achieving whatever they want. If we see our youth as the future of Korea, English is the essential factor to obtain the bright future of our nation.

Overall, despite negative perspectives on English education, it is hard to deny that our economy, culture, and younger generation will benefit from the speakers’ fluent English ability. The issue then should be how well teachers can provide quality education for improving our learners’ English, not merely about the importance of English.

Last edited by Inkab on Sun Mar 30 2008, 22:03; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : reduce blanks between paragraphs)
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Re: OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

Post  Younghee choi Sun Mar 30 2008, 22:35

I can see the reason why it takes long for you to write.
I think your writing is always very organized and well-written, which definitely eats up your time.
Your reasoning about the benefits of English in light of economic, cultural, and educational basis is persuasive and convincing.
The use of conjunctions is impressive.
I am applauding your refined and elaborate writing.
It will be of a great help for my writing too.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Monday happy!

Post  Jung namsook Mon Mar 31 2008, 17:12

Hi Inkab~

I also chose to write about Benefits as a nation. As I've finished with plannig it, I would think I should have picked a different one. Actually, it's not easy one.

Let alone enter the university, we have huge of benefits from English skills. Even those who are less academic grade with fluent English speakers can have more readily access to better reputated colleges than people who are not yet fluent in English. It might seem quite unfair, it's the reality, though. Since English must be a dominant language widely spoken in the world. The world is one big society. we should therefore strive to provide quality English teachers to make Korean studenst competitive in their academics and understanding of international affairs.

Good night

Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Re: OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

Post  Jueun, Jung Wed Apr 02 2008, 11:35

I see obviously how much effort you put on your essay. Every paragraph has clear main idea and supporting sentences. In particular, in your second body, I was impressed with what you come up with the organization trying to correct distorted and manipulated history and facts. It means you keep up with controversial social issues pretty well. Your effort should be helpful for me as well.

p.s; You are another super mom in class. I love your nice photo!

Jueun
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty I agree with you.

Post  Hyun a Ji Wed Apr 02 2008, 19:01

Learning English is important. Also,the roles of a teacher in teaching English is important.

You wrote well in your essay. I always impressed your shining ideas in your essay. Smile
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty It is fresh to think our generation.

Post  HyejinJeon Thu Apr 03 2008, 09:22

I just think now such as now our economy and diplomacy.
You give me one more benefit aspect which English gives us.
Our childeren who speak English well can be international members.
Thank you for giving a new idea!!
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty It is fresh to think our generation.

Post  HyejinJeon Thu Apr 03 2008, 09:22

I just think now such as now our economy and diplomacy.
You give me one more benefit aspect which English gives us.
Our childeren who speak English well can be international members.
Thank you for giving a new idea!!
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty you are great!

Post  Kanghoon Jang Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:42

You are also one of the greatest people who can write English nicely! I also chose this topic too because we were in same group to discuss. I hope that we can change our education system, especially English, all together because it needs energies. For future of young generations, if they do not speak English pretty much, our competitive power would crash down soon. I already knew what our ancesters contributes to our society. They always did honest hard-working. Therefore, we are on decent stages of development.

Now, this is perfect timing for our turn to change some weird system of English education in Korea. I also try to do something great in society for contributions of English!

Best wishes,
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Re:[OP2]

Post  Jongwoo Sun Jun 01 2008, 13:32

We usually think about learning things from outsid with our English skills but as you point out, our English skills can help us let people know about our culture and history properly.
Your writing is very nicely written! Thank you for sharing your opinion with us.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down