English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English

4 posters

Go down

OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English Empty OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Mar 31 2008, 12:42

OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English.

There are many skills required to become good at speaking in English. Of course I can’t be like a native English speaker but should try to be better. I think listening, vocabulary and grammar is necessary to achieve it.

Fundamental goal in every language is communication so listening to others is very important because only when you understand what other say, you speak in English well.

Next you can make uncountable sentences and expressions using various vocabularies. The more words and phrases you know, the richer expression you show. The biggest difference between advancer and beginner in English is a level of vocabulary. The advanced can deal with specialized and deeper field.

Also grammar is important too. Although your grammar isn’t perfect, communication could be okay. However to pass and transfer what you mean well, exact grammar is needed.

To be good at speaking in English, the effort and something required might be endless if you try to find. Therefore you should study and practice English continuously and regularly.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English Empty Hello Jumi~

Post  Jung namsook Mon Mar 31 2008, 17:24

Hi~ how are you?

It's challenging to be a good speaker of a foreign language. It requires hard work for a long time. I fully understand how it is difficult to be a fluent English speaker as our mother tongue is very differentlt rooted in many ways. That's why it really takes too much time to spit out automatically. Besides there is uncountable vocabulary I should keep learning. Those would really discourage me all the time. Especially I'm vey poor at understanding educated words. I need to work hard.

Now Let's be ambitious to be a good English speaker!

Take care,

Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English Empty Ju-mi's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Apr 04 2008, 05:42

Hi Ju-mi and thanks for submitting your response to this topic.

I totally agree that listening is intrinsic to good speaking skills. While of course vocabulary and grammar are also very important, I think they are basic necessities for all the major English skills. I would have liked to see you focus a little more on the specific skills that are necessary for good speaking ability in particular...

The good point about your writing here is that you are showing better ability at organizing your ideas well. You've followed the basic principles for categorization writing very well.

A weakness is that you are not really supporting the ideas with enough details or examples to give the reader a more precise understanding of what the ideas are or mean. To be honest, this effort looks somewhat rushed...

Please find some suggestions below relevant to language development:

Ju-mi,Im wrote:OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English.

There are many skills required to become good at speaking in English. Of course I can’t be like a native English speaker but should try to be better. I think listening, vocabulary and grammar is necessary to achieve it.

Question Fundamental goal in every language is communication so listening to others is very important because only when you understand what other say, you speak in English well.

Question Next you can make uncountable sentences and expressions using various vocabularies. The more words and phrases you know, the richer expression you show. The biggest difference between advancer and beginner in English is a level of vocabulary. The advanced can deal with specialized and deeper field.

Also grammar is important too. Question Although your grammar isn’t perfect, communication could be okay. However to pass and transfer what you mean well, exact grammar is needed.

To be good at speaking in English, the effort and something required might be endless if you try to find. Therefore you should study and practice English continuously and regularly.

Cool The fundamental goal in any language is communication, so listening to others is very important. It is only when you can understand what others say that you can begin to speak well in English.

Cool Next, you can make an unlimited number of sentences and expressions if you have a large vocabulary at your disposal.

Cool Even if your grammar isn’t perfect, communication can still be achieved effectively

Please also be careful with your transitions between sentences - especially in terms of using commas in the right places:

Next,
Also,
Therefore,

A reasonably good effort for this task. Please next time just try to support your ideas in more depth.

Keep up the good work,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English Empty Re: OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English

Post  Younghee choi Fri Apr 04 2008, 21:13

I agree that grammar is very important and basic in speaking and writing.
Sometimes the lack of grammatical knowledge is more evident in writing than in speaking because speaking is temporary and leaves no trace behind as opposed to writing.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English Empty Re: OP3 : Describe the kinds of skills required to become good at speaking in English

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down