English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP2: A Lucky Girl

+2
Jason Renshaw
Jueun, Jung
6 posters

Go down

OP2: A Lucky  Girl Empty OP2: A Lucky Girl

Post  Jueun, Jung Mon Mar 31 2008, 21:15

A Lucky Girl

“Jueun is a very special girl whose voice is clear and nice. Most of all, she hardly has Daegu dialect, which is the best qualification for being a school announcer. That’s why I put her name on the application form,” answered the teacher in my fifth grade to some students looking at me suspiciously. She recommended two girls including me for the position. Another girl’s voice was pretty beautiful enough to be on air. However, mine was not as good as hers and I had even stage fear. Then, why did she do it for me?

Above all, my teacher had a great skill to make all the students happy. Everyone enjoyed going to school and had fun everyday. She offered us a great deal of interesting stories as well as full of exciting activities. Besides, her artistic talent provided students for better classroom environment such as cute little paintings and decorations on the wall. Many of students brought their friends from other classes to our classroom during break time to boast about what they didn’t have. Moreover, each student was proud of being a member of the student-centered class. We did gain remarkable achievements together. We won the first prize on sports day. It was obviously my teacher who was the core of cooperation for glorious victory.

My teacher’s another outstanding feature was her excellent observation. She was the first one who noticed even extremely minor change to students all the time. For me, I didn’t know the fact that I became a bit taller over a few months until she mentioned about it. She also knew that I hated to take turns reading loudly or make a public speech because I couldn’t but read falteringly. I was not forced to be in public. Instead, she gave me more praise than what I deserved to have whenever I volunteered my opinion. It seemed that she was aware of how to encourage me to develop my potential possibilities. Building my self-esteem, I was able to gradually notice myself join more group work and take in charge of it. By the end of the year, I did very well on the exam and became a top student in her class in the end.

To be honest, I had more memorable moments in middle school. Since I was a better student than who I was in elementary school days, I participated in more extracurricular activities and won a lot more prizes. Among them, the most valuable one was related to my teacher. I won the first prize for writing essay. All students had to write about unforgettable teachers one week before Teacher’s Day. Thanks to my teacher, I had no difficulty in reminiscing my old good memories and describe them as they were. Ironically, my beautiful essay was shared with all the students in school with my trembling voice. Nevertheless, no moment in my life was better than the time.

What if I hadn’t met her at that time? I would have been of course worse than now. Due to her attention and inspiration, my life became more abundant in love, confidence and understanding. Though I couldn’t completely understand what she had done for me, I guess I owed her big one. Someday when I run into her, I would like to express my sincere appreciation.

Last edited by Jueun, Jung on Tue Apr 01 2008, 16:56; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Font)
Jueun, Jung
Jueun, Jung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP2: A Lucky  Girl Empty Re: OP2: A Lucky Girl

Post  Jason Renshaw Mon Mar 31 2008, 21:25

Jueun, Jung wrote:
A Lucky Girl

Jueun is a very special girl whose voice is clear and nice. Most of all, she hardly has Daegu dialect, which is the best qualification for being a school announcer. Thats why I put her name on the application form, answered the teacher in my fifth grade to some students looking at me suspiciously. She recommended two girls including me for the position. Another girls voice was pretty beautiful enough to be on air. However, mine was not as good as hers and I had even stage fear. Then, why did she do it for me?

LATE

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Mon Mar 31 2008, 22:18; edited 1 time in total
Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Younghee choi Mon Mar 31 2008, 22:10

It was an interesting start with an episode to arouse my attention and curiosity about your teacher.
I felt how important it is for a teacher to give students big hands all the time and to be observant of students' tiny changes. If we notice their changes whether they are an outward appearance or academic progress, they will think they are getting attention from the teacher.
By the way, your picture reminds me of my acquaintance who is currently teaching English at a public middle school.
Thank you for your touching story.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Tue Apr 01 2008, 21:37

Jueun. Nice to see you on line- good picture!!
I think you deserved praise from your great teacher because you must have been excellent student like today.
Your essay remind me that praising gives students strength and motivation. Now, it is our turn to praise our students. Don't you think?
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Tue Apr 01 2008, 22:45

Dear Jueun,

It's an awesome essay Jueun. I felt this everytime I read your essays. Now I get to know that your writing ability in korean was reflected into the English writing skill as well. I agree that teacher's encouragement is crucial in that it can elicit our students' uniqueness and underlying potential. The reason why I had more encouraging teachers from the elementary school rather than middle and high school is probably due to score-oriented, test based teaching curriculum. Now I am afraid whether I can really be one of those inspiring teachers like yours.
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP2: A Lucky  Girl Empty Re:[OP2]

Post  Jongwoo Sun Jun 01 2008, 13:13

Someone said that teaching is loving. In details, loving means interests and concerns toward studnts.
I think your teacher loved students a lot and found the best points inside them. In some sense, teaching well English may be secondary, compared to a teacher's good insight to observe stuents.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down