English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP2: A teacher who inspired me

4 posters

Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Wed Apr 02 2008, 20:37

The teacher who inspired me the most was my 9th grade homeroom teacher Park, Seoung-Ryul. He was the age of fifties, one of the eldest teachers in our middle school. Bald head, soft voice and friendly smile led peaceful image to the students. In addition, his sharp discernment made students respect him. The subject of ethics that he taught us gives the idea how to make ourlives worth as a mankind. There are several reasons why I loved him and chose teacher's college for my future career.

First of all, he focused on physical and mental health rather than intelligence. He mentioned intelligence, morality and physical health are three principles that human should pursue in their lives. He emphasized that
people should have right mind in preparation of improving knowledge. Therefore, he spared his time to create extra curriculum programs to develop these skills. In the morning, we climbed little mountain and talked about various topics. I could hear good speeches from him and he gave good advice on questions. In the afternoon, there was a class called 'brain breathing' including meditation and yoga training. It was great time to refresh my mind and to think deeply.

Secondly, he was the teacher of caring. Taking care of students who have problems with family or expenses is one good example. He personally visited and helped those families and even conducted fund raising later.
He always treated students equally. We made classroom rules at the beginning of the semester. He managed students based on these rules along with his experienced skills. There was no need to get angry or complain.
He tried to listen carefully for the student's point of view, and gave reasonable explanation if there was misunderstanding each other. It resulted a strong bond between student and teacher that effected positively on overall classroom atmosphere.

One notable difference of my teacher was that he tried hard though it is easy to lose interest of students for older teacher. He himself was a good role model to the students. It was great privilege to have teacher like him. Fair loving and warmhearted movements that my teacher have shown toward students will remain in my mind all the time.

Last edited by Hwan Ki, Kim on Thu Apr 03 2008, 18:31; edited 1 time in total
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP2: A teacher who inspired me Empty Re: OP2: A teacher who inspired me

Post  Younghee choi Wed Apr 02 2008, 21:07

Students tend to have affection for rather young teachers because they think they can share things in common and thus the generation gap is narrower. However, as in the case of your teacher, we can learn a lot from old teachers as well since they are very skilled in managing students and have worthwhile values to be shared with students.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Thu Apr 03 2008, 18:51

I feel inpressed at his caring for students though he is in old ages. The 9th grade is another crucial time before going high school, your great teacher put emphasis on real important factror in life . I have no doubt the extra curricular and own rules would benefit students .
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:06

Hwan Ki, Kim wrote:The teacher who inspired me the most was my 9th grade homeroom teacher Park, Seoung-Ryul. He was the age of fifties, one of the eldest teachers in our middle school. Bald head, soft voice and friendly smile led peaceful image to the students. In addition, his sharp discernment made students respect him. The subject of ethics that he taught us gives the idea how to make ourlives worth as a mankind. There are several reasons why I loved him and chose teacher's college for my future career.

First of all, he focused on physical and mental health rather than intelligence. He mentioned intelligence, morality and physical health are three principles that human should pursue in their lives. He emphasized that
people should have right mind in preparation of improving knowledge. Therefore, he spared his time to create extra curriculum programs to develop these skills. In the morning, we climbed little mountain and talked about various topics. I could hear good speeches from him and he gave good advice on questions. In the afternoon, there was a class called 'brain breathing' including meditation and yoga training. It was great time to refresh my mind and to think deeply.

Secondly, he was the teacher of caring. Taking care of students who have problems with family or expenses is one good example. He personally visited and helped those families and even conducted fund raising later.
He always treated students equally. We made classroom rules at the beginning of the semester. He managed students based on these rules along with his experienced skills. There was no need to get angry or complain.
He tried to listen carefully for the student's point of view, and gave reasonable explanation if there was misunderstanding each other. It resulted a strong bond between student and teacher that effected positively on overall classroom atmosphere.

One notable difference of my teacher was that he tried hard though it is easy to lose interest of students for older teacher. He himself was a good role model to the students. It was great privilege to have teacher like him. Fair loving and warmhearted movements that my teacher have shown toward students will remain in my mind all the time.

LATE

* Please be careful with your basic paragraph formation. Several sentences are split across lines or start on new lines when they should be run-on sentences within one unified paragraph. Check and edit your work...

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down