English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10)

+33
Yoobin Cha
Boyun Park
eunjin39
Lee Hye Jin
Kim Hyunjin
kurt
Ji Young, Kim
jihyun
Kim Eun-jung
Mijin Son
Ji-eun
Kang Eunmi
bobosbong
Kyeong-im
Mi Jin Jeong
sunnypine
Nam-suk
jangdj
billy
kiera
Joo Un-jin
bakbann
Lee Pilsu
Han Kyoung Jae
Bae Sung-han
Lee yujin
Jung Yoojin
Oksun
Kim Jin-Young
Liz
inmyheart479
kim young-ah
Jason Renshaw
37 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Mr. Bernanke's saying

Post  Nam-suk Wed Apr 09 2008, 16:17

Summary
Ben S. Bernanke, Federal Reserve Chairman told the congress the economy in USA will get worse before it get better, after he appeared a few weeks ago for providing fund for the bank Bear Stearns. He said, even though rapid growth of the economy wouldn't be possible due to interest rate and decline of the financial and housing market, it will be improving gradually from the second half of this year.

Opinion
People in USA are wondering whether Mr. Bernanke could have a second term with the next USA president. A former Princeton University economics professor was trying to make Fed policy more transparent than it had been under Mr. Greenspan, the former chief of FRB, but he's been told he is too nice for the job..
I also think that the thing that he hadn't experienced a lot in this field compared to the former chief might be one of reasons, and his timing certainly hasn’t been the luckiest, as well, like he took over just as the real estate market was peaking. He consistently try to response creatively to the various financial crisis like mortgage crisis, which has been supported by some economists, but others like Wall street seemed to be less impressed with it. Maybe Mr. Bernanke had done some steps so quickly enough based on the his own theory.

Prediction
My prediction is that the downward of the USA economy will go on for the time being or, even it might be quite difficult to overcome it, because lower interest rates could help to encourage a resurgence of the risky mortgage lending that has caused the current turmoil in the long run, even though other money managers might welcome it since the housing market would strengthen as mortgage rates fell. Also, eventually, it might be inevitable to escape a recession considering the prediction of severely depressed housing market in the long run, high energy prices, and etc, which can cause the economy shrinking and no growth of it.
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Ben Bernanke's take on the U.S. economy

Post  inmyheart479 Wed Apr 09 2008, 18:22

Summary : Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke conceded for the first time the U.S. economy may slip into recession, but said growth should pick up later this year as interest rate cuts and financial and housing market woes recede.

Opinion: I find it interesting that the current foreign policy in the United States-specifically two failed wars-has not really entered into the mainstream discussion about the financial woes. While it may seem unrelated, a housing slump, the meltdown of a financial institution, such as Bear Sterns and wars in Both Afganistan and Iraq, there is a connection: I "m of the opinion that with the huge financial investment of a failed policy there is little money leftover for domestic issues, Mostly recently, of course, we have seen the fallout from a financial collapse but even Hurricane Katerina in 2005 (a domestic issue) continues to have a lackluster response from the Federal government.

Prediction: With the slide of the American dollar against the Yen, the Euro, the Yuan, the Canadian dollar, and other currencies around the world it seems unlikely that the US economy will simply bounce back. Why? It is reported that consumer confidence is at an all-time low, with 70% of the American population believing that the country is already in a serious recession. To add to this staggering collapse, China owns most of the debt that is currently being used by the US government for its foreign and “domestic” ventures. As the US dollar slides badly, as other countries call-in the debt of the US economy and a lack of domestic strength the US is likely to be pushed further into downturn. The shock felt in Asian markets in the last few weeks may only be a shudder or tremor before the collapse is truly felt worldwide.

Last edited by inmyheart479 on Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:36; edited 1 time in total
inmyheart479
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

Post  sunnypine Wed Apr 09 2008, 18:55

Summary: It’s time to see pink in Washington DC! Annually Cherry Blossom Festival has been held in Washington DC. The blossoms are not fully open yet but still around millions of people came to see cherry blossoms. They enjoyed it so much. The cherry blossoms will reach their peak bloom around April 3. These 3000 cherry blossom trees were given by Japan in 1912. Both the US and Japan have a good relationship.

Opinion: Everyone in the world likes seeing Cherry Blossoms! In Korea, and the US, both countries’ people are enjoying their spring. I’m so happy to see this news. Nature is really valuable and amazing. I’m wondering how cheery blossoms know when to open their blossoms. (Actually I’ve been there, the exact spot, in DC. I’m so glad to see here on the news. This place is really clean and very pretty. When I visited there, it was summer.)

Prediction: I think when the weather become warmer, many people from not only from the US but all over the world will visit DC. Because when the weather is good, people want to go outside and have fun, people will want to visit DC more. When people visit DC, of course they can enjoy cheery blossoms, and also they can trip for sightseeing. Since DC is a capital of the US, there are lots of things to look at. It will be so much fun and valuable.

I tried to upload my picture in DC but it doesn't let me!! No

Last edited by sunnypine on Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:46; edited 1 time in total
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty thats too bad..for the US

Post  sunnypine Wed Apr 09 2008, 18:58

inmyheart479 wrote:Summary : Federal Reserve Chairman Ben Bernanke conceded for the first time the U.S. economy may slip into recession, but said growth should pick up later this year as interest rate cuts and financial and housing market woes recede.

Opinion: I find it interesting that the current foreign policy in the United States-specifically two failed wars-has not really entered into the mainstream discussion about the financial woes. While it may seem rnrelated, a housing slump, the meltdown of a financial institution, such as Bear Sterns and war in Both Afganistan and Iraq, there is a connection: I "m of the opinion that with the huge financial investment of a failed policy there is little money leftover for domestic issues, Mostly recently, of course, we have seen the fallout from a financial collapse but even Hurricane Katerina in 2005 ( a domestic issue) continues to have a lackluster response from the Federal government.

Prediction: With the slide of the American dollar against the Yen, the Euro, the Yuan, the Canadian dollar, and other currencies around the world it seems unlikely that the US economy will simply bounce back. Why? It is reported that consumer confidence is at an all-time low, with 70% of the American population believing that the country is already in a serious recession. To add to this staggering collapse, China owns most of the debt that is currently being used by the US government for its foreign and “domestic” ventures. As the US dollar slides badly, as other countries call-in the debt of the US economy and a lack of domestic strength the US is likely to be pushed further into downturn. The shock felt in Asian markets in the last few weeks may only be a shudder or tremor before the collapse is truly felt worldwide.

Thanks to your summary i could understand the news well. Thanks!! I think the recession of the US is not just their problem. Korea is really related to the US anyways, we should be interested in the US economy and world economy as well.
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty yes.. you are right!

Post  sunnypine Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:09

jangdj wrote:Sum: F.R.B chairman Bernake provided accounts on U.S.ecnomy. Saying that the economic downturn they facing will get worse before it gets better. Econmic growth could contract in first half of the year or grow not at all, he added. He said economy should pick up aggressive interest rate cut ,stimulate growth in the second half of the year. He added that F.R.B expects economy activities will be boosted in the second half of the year in part and as a result of stmulated monitoring in fiscal policies.

Opnion: I know this is not an area I claim to be an expert. However: I am being constantly told a economic big words from every sources. Based on that, I can tell two things. Something bad is going on and it is really touching my life. I have no solution but every reasons to tell how it is is touching my life. You would agree with that as long as you are not millonire.

Perdiction : Considering U.S. economy size, we won't see the instant impact wheteher it is good or otherwise,even FRB gives a shot to the arm to the U.S economy.

I don't know about economy very well. But i'm learing from news thesedays. I think we all have big problems in the world. I hope we could figure something out. What a Face
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Cherry Blossom Festivall in DC.

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:21

Summary:
In 1912, Japan gave 3,000 cherry trees to the US to mark their friendship, and nowadays many people enjoys the pink sweet-smelling blossom in the national park in DC. Organizers say that they are expecting one lillion visitors will come to the US capital to see the annual Cherry Blossom Festival.

Opinion:
I am of the opinion that the bring pink color of cherry blossom is good thing to get people's attention. They let us know spring has come with their full bloom every year.And I think it makes people feel happy and live in hope. In Korea, we also have a kind of cherry Festival annually, I think. Unfortunately, I couldn't have been in the show for recent years.
The KNU campus is full of cherry blossom these days, and it makes me feel good sometimes even when I am not in a good mood.

Prediction:
My prediction is that more and more people will visit the Festival in DC to enjoy the warm spring season. And the trees and the show will spread to other States in the US. It seems that the Americans have sort of fancy for Japan culture- totally my thought. The Cherry Festival would increase that fantacy in the US, and two nations' relationship would be much stronger constantly.

Last edited by Mi Jin Jeong on Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:27; edited 1 time in total
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty What a wonderful opinion and prediction

Post  Lee yujin Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:26

billy wrote:Summary: FRB chairman Ben Bernanke expects the US economy will stay at its current level or even may contract a little, but it will pick up in the 2nd half of the year as a result of aggressive interest rate cuts and stabilization of financial conditions and housing market.

Opinion: Bernanke told before congress that the US ecoonomy will improve in the 2nd half of the year 2008 even though it may retract a little from its already troubled state. However, I am of the opinion that the US economic president Bernanke's prediction is a little dangerous and biased. When the economic concerns resulting from the so-called subprime mortagage loan started to arise last year, many financial newspapers and investment companies reported that no one would be able to predict the impact it might have on the world economy, let alone the USA. Some financial experts expected that its economic loss might be more than the staggerting 500 billion dollars and the US government is reported to have put in 150 billion dollars as only an emergency measure. That is, as no one expected the strongest country would ever experience this economic fallout, any quick-tempered prediction may play havoc with the sign of recovery.

Prediction and 'Why': My prediction is that even though there is a little bit of good sign that the economy will get back on its right track such as seemingly stabilized gold and oil price and stock market, we must not come to any hasty conclusion that the US economy will pick up sooner or later. You may have heard about the so-called Butterfly Effect, which means a little flapping of one butterfly in Beijing could end up with a devastating tornado in the US. It looks like the direction may turn backward this time from the US to the rest of the world. As the NYSE market tumbled down, the world stock market indexes were shaking as well. The world economy is already too connected to underestimate the financial impact of the giant market. For now, we have to wait and see.

I think your opinion and prediction are really logical and show me that you are really knowledgable in this subject. I really want to write a wonderful article like yours.
Lee yujin
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty i like your prediction :)

Post  sunnypine Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:30

Oksun wrote:Idea Summary : Big crowds are drawn toward the City's tidal basin, with annual cherry blossoms festival starting in Washington D.C. Three thousands cherry trees, which were Japan's 1912 gift to the United States, are to reach their peak through April 3rd.

Exclamation Opinion: When Korea was under Japanese imperialism, Japan planted many cherry trees all over the country to mark its domination over Korea. Despite vestiges of Japanese imperialism , we descendants enjoy the cherry blossoms,especially in Jinhae,every year. I'm of the opinion that the case is almost the same with the States. Japan gave 3000 cherry trees to the U.S. in 1912 as a token of friendship. However, 28years later, it provoked the World War two by attacking on Pearl Harbor. With all the suffering from the War, many Americans and people from the world enjoy and feel awesome at the splendid, spectacular cherry blossoms ! Japanese national flower in Washington D.C.? I take this to be historically ironical.

Question prediction: My prediction is that, the U.S. will try to maintain and consolidate the relations between two countries with its cherry blossoms festival held every year. This is because the United States wants to position itself as the world's "Only Superpower". In terms of promoting the national interests, the U.S. benefits from the festival as well.

I think you take this festival very seriously. haha but that's true still. But every country wants to promote their national interests anyway. I think Korea should do something! I think you have wisdom about future. Laughing
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Re: This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10)

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:39

I agree that Cherry blossom remind me our national flower 'the Altea'. I am ashamed that I thought cherry tree as our national flower when I was so young. It was because cherry was all around the street in Korea, the Altea, on the other hand, was hard to find.

Jung Yoojin wrote:Summary :
There is an annual festival of cherry blossom in Washington DC in United States. People are visiting there for tourism. The National Park is expecting millions visitors are coming. These three thousand of trees are planted to commemorate the friendship with Japan and United States. The officials are signing the peak point at April third, and these cherry blossom shows spring come out in United States.

General Opinion :
As the news says, there are cherry blossoms prevalent in Washington DC. This means Spring is coming and nearly arrived. As you can see, there are lots of cherry blossom which already bloomed in Daegu. Why don't you take a walk in KNU ? That would be fantastic! Whenever I saw cherry blossoms in KNU, I think those have such a beaty and nice smell. Cherry blossoms express Japanese national flowers, and they remind me our national flowers "The Althea." Sometimes I can hardly find them in the street and around schools whereas cherry blossoms can.

Prediction :
The cherry blossom festival advertise all over the world and many tourists are going there. And Washington DC congress utilize this place for their tourism, then it become a national business yeilding benifits. Then the festival become imminent commemoration in Japan and United States. Because visitors tend to visit some prominent places with their tastes. Washington DC is the capital of Unitied States, that means there are lots of people who are droping in for either their business or travels. Then congress can make a benefit from its circumstances, that is why cherry blossom can be used for tourism business in Washington DC.
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Re: This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10)

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:41

Your opinion makes me think about the history thing one more time.

Oksun wrote:Idea Summary : Big crowds are drawn toward the City's tidal basin, with annual cherry blossoms festival starting in Washington D.C. Three thousands cherry trees, which were Japan's 1912 gift to the United States, are to reach their peak through April 3rd.

Exclamation Opinion: When Korea was under Japanese imperialism, Japan planted many cherry trees all over the country to mark its domination over Korea. Despite vestiges of Japanese imperialism , we descendants enjoy the cherry blossoms,especially in Jinhae,every year. I'm of the opinion that the case is almost the same with the States. Japan gave 3000 cherry trees to the U.S. in 1912 as a token of friendship. However, 28years later, it provoked the World War two by attacking on Pearl Harbor. With all the suffering from the War, many Americans and people from the world enjoy and feel awesome at the splendid, spectacular cherry blossoms ! Japanese national flower in Washington D.C.? I take this to be historically ironical.

Question prediction: My prediction is that, the U.S. will try to maintain and consolidate the relations between two countries with its cherry blossoms festival held every year. This is because the United States wants to position itself as the world's "Only Superpower". In terms of promoting the national interests, the U.S. benefits from the festival as well.
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Yes. !

Post  sunnypine Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:45

Lee Pilsu wrote:Summary: Federal Reserve Chairman, Bernanke, made a short announcement about the (U.S.) economy before the Congress panel. He said that the economy will be bad and could even contract in the first half of this year, but it will change for the better in the second half of the year due to interest rate cuts, financial and housing market woes disappears and some other reasons. It is reported that if it had not been for the emergency funds, the financial market could have turned into a chatic situation.

Opinion: To be honest, I don't have any personal opinion on this news article because I don't know much about economy. But one thing that I noticed was that his presence and his remarks should carry a significant and powerful meaning because he was surrounded by scores of cameramen and U.S. Congress panels.

Prediction: My prediction is that Korean economy will suffer in the first half of this year and will pick up in the second half because I heard Korean economy is influenced a lot by the United States'.

I'm wondering when our connection btn the US and Korea will be broken. Of course everything is related to eachother, but the current situation of korea which depends on the US so much is not good. We should do something differently!
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty The 1st video - Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

Post  Kyeong-im Wed Apr 09 2008, 19:50

summary : Even cherry blossom wasn't fully open there were a lot of people in DC to enjoy it. In 1912, Japan gave 3000 trees to U.S. Now it is a sign of spring and grown friendship between two countries.

opinion : Every year, especially in the spring, people spend much time taking picture with various flowers and trees. Unconsciously, cherry blossom becomes a sing of spring rather than Japan. It's sad, however, that we can't see the Mugunghwa very well.

prediction : Everytime people see cherry blossom, they may think Japan. It makes people to enjoy its beauty as well as to think Japan. There's no necessity that souvenir should be non-animated thigns. As you see this video, every year it comes into blossom and attracts every eye. I think it has lasting effect. Based on these things, my prediction is that many people as well as countries change the types of present/souvenir.
Kyeong-im
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty It's the man who decide everything.

Post  Kyeong-im Wed Apr 09 2008, 20:08

Hi, Oksun
Ye~ that's right. I agree with your opinion and prediction. Every time I learned history I got angry at powerful countries' egotism and the reaction of Korea.
Now, however, I know that there are many people and they're all unlike. There might be some people who opposed attack on Pearl Harbor in Japan. So I decide not to hate country. the whole thing. It's up to men who decide something. ^^;;
Kyeong-im
Kyeong-im
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nam-suk Wed Apr 09 2008, 20:19

kim young-ah wrote:summary: There is the annual cherry blossom festival in Washingto D.C. To see the show, nearly a million visitors rush and they are attracted. Some people visit here for the first time and others do second time. And many flowers are an official sign that spring has come. In spite of cold weather, many people enjoy the 3000 cherry trees that Japan gave in 1912. It also marks a growing friendship between U.S. and Japan.

I'm of the opinion that many people enjoy cherry blossoms all over the world in spring. We Korea also have a Jin-hae(city) cherry blossom festival in April like the capital of U.S. But I'm sorry the cherry trees are Japanese national thing. Even if the blossoms are beautiful and we enjoy taking pictures under the trees.

My prediction is that Japan will be growing the friendship between U.S. and the nation, using the gift the cherry trees. In the future including nowadays, U.S. can accept Japan its friend rather than a rival. Relatively, the status of our country Korea will be down. Very sad. I think Japan takes a good advantage of its good things.

Cherry blossoms..they are beautiful especially on this time of year, but like you said, ironically, that flowers that South Korean love so much were planted a lot in South Korea like city "Jin-hae" during Japan’s colonial rule..I feel sort of bitter-sweet..but like "Let bygones be bygones"...I just hope those can be helpful for our own beautiful scenery and further issues between Japan and South Korea in a way...
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty You are right~

Post  Jung Yoojin Wed Apr 09 2008, 20:51

bakbann wrote:Summary
Annual Cherry Blossom Festival has started in Washington D.C. The festival is expected to draw about a million of people to this beautiful flowery heaven. It is to commemorate the gift, 3000 cherry trees, from Japan as a token of growing friendship between US and Japan.

Opinion
I'm of the opinion that Japan is great at spreading its culture and making foreigners Japan-friendly. Japanese culture is loved all over the world, including these beautiful cherry blossoms and Japanese animation. People even in Washington D.C, which is thousands miles away from Japan, are enjoying the beauty and fragrance of the cherry blossoms. They'll go back home with better attitudes on Japan unconsciously thanks to the charm of cherry blossoms. All in all, Japan lets foreigners know about itself and makes them like it.

Prediction
My prediction is that Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. will maintain its popularity. Cherry blossoms are charming enough to attract myriads of people out in this beautiful and warm spring weather. It can make anyone feel great when they walk between dazzling lines of pink trees with fully blown flowers and with sweet smell. Therefore, numerous people will keep visiting Cherry Blossom Festival in Washington D.C. flower

According to your opinion, I agree with your point that Japanese people have talented to make other country be attracked. I think Cherry blossom is quite famous as Japanese national flower. It is also good way for Japanese government to advertise that flower as their national flower to all over the world. How about ours? Even Japanese flower is conspicous in Washington DC. There are quite few flowers in Korea, we need to consider ours as well.
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty How amazing your experience is~!

Post  Jung Yoojin Wed Apr 09 2008, 20:58

sunnypine wrote:Summary: It’s time to see pink in Washington DC! Annually Cherry Blossom Festival has been held in Washington DC. The blossoms are not fully open yet but still around millions of people came to see cherry blossoms. They enjoyed it so much. The cherry blossoms will reach their peak bloom around April 3. These 3000 cherry blossom trees were given by Japan in 1912. Both the US and Japan have a good relationship.

Opinion: Everyone in the world likes seeing Cherry Blossoms! In Korea, and the US, both countries’ people are enjoying their spring. I’m so happy to see this news. Nature is really valuable and amazing. I’m wondering how cheery blossoms know when to open their blossoms. (Actually I’ve been there, the exact spot, in DC. I’m so glad to see here on the news. This place is really clean and very pretty. When I visited there, it was summer.)

Prediction: I think when the weather become warmer, many people from not only from the US but all over the world will visit DC. Because when the weather is good, people want to go outside and have fun, people will want to visit DC more. When people visit DC, of course they can enjoy cheery blossoms, and also they can trip for sightseeing. Since DC is a capital of the US, there are lots of things to look at. It will be so much fun and valuable.

What a nice experienc it is! I envy your experience that you have been Washington DC, especially that cherry blossom place! How was it? It must be gorgeous, isn't it?
Someday I want to see your pictures when you have been in United States! I really want to go there~~~haha. Anyway, I also think nature phenomenon is fantastic such as flowers , trees, or seasons. I also enjoyed cherry blossom in KNU last week, it was great~. There are lots of beautiful flowers and trees in KNU. We can see beautiful sightseeing in KNU as well^^(not that beautiful though)
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty How amazing your experience is~!

Post  Jung Yoojin Wed Apr 09 2008, 20:59

sunnypine wrote:Summary: It’s time to see pink in Washington DC! Annually Cherry Blossom Festival has been held in Washington DC. The blossoms are not fully open yet but still around millions of people came to see cherry blossoms. They enjoyed it so much. The cherry blossoms will reach their peak bloom around April 3. These 3000 cherry blossom trees were given by Japan in 1912. Both the US and Japan have a good relationship.

What a nice experienc it is! I envy your experience that you have been Washington DC, especially that cherry blossom place! How was it? It must be gorgeous, isn't it?
Someday I want to see your pictures when you have been in United States! I really want to go there~~~haha. Anyway, I also think nature phenomenon is fantastic such as flowers , trees, or seasons. I also enjoyed cherry blossom in KNU last week, it was great~. There are lots of beautiful flowers and trees in KNU. We can see beautiful sightseeing in KNU as well^^(not that beautiful though)
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty PINK Blossoms in Washington D.C.

Post  bobosbong Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:31

Cherry blossom festival is being held in washington D.C. Many visitors are expected to join it up to millon. It originates back in 1912 when Japan gave 3000 cherry trees to the USA to commemortate the year as a landmark of growing friendship between two countries.

I'm of the opinion that beautiful things are more infectious than anything else. Cherry blossoms in spring give everyone such a happy, light-hearted mood. Japanese people sometimes call snow yukino hana, flowers of snow. If winter shows off its beauty by white snow, spring by its more-than-snow-like cherry blossoms, second to none; walking in the cherry blossom snow with a warm breeze is paradise, paradise.

I predict more and more countries, which have spring Smile , will adopt cherry blossom festival because not only does it attract many visitors as a tourist revenue but also it's well know to many people thorough the media. Therefore, if a country or city should plant trees on a regular basis, it should as far as I know, why not cherry trees? There's a growing demand for cherry blossoms out there.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty Cherry Blossom Festival in DC

Post  Kang Eunmi Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:42

Summary
It's time to go to the annual cherry blossom festival in Washington D.C. Almost a million visitors will take part in this festival.
Some people are the fist time to see the beauty of the cherry blossom and some are not. But they like the smell of the cherry trees.
One interviwee says that even it's not fully open but it's still pretty.
The peak bloom will reach through April 3rd also it means officail sign; spring has sprung.
In 1912, about 3,000 cherry trees are given to U.S from Japan to mark a growing friendship between two countries.

Opinion
I'm of the opinion that the cherry trees in the screen are not pretty enough. What I try to say is Cherry trees in Korea, especially in Jinhae are
much better than those in U.S.
Actually my hometown is Jinhae. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Have you ever walked under the cherry blossoms? In fact, Jinhae is famous for the biggest and most beautiful cherry trees in Korea. Not only the Mts, but also the entire area is painted pink and white colors. Many people who have seen the cherry blossom in Jinhae can not help thinking this city is just like the work of an artist.

prediction
My classmates who read my reply or information about the cherry blossom in Jinhae flower will visit there in
April. Once people who see the fantastic cherry blossoms in Jinhae, they will fall in love with the beauty of Jinhae.
If they haven't visitied Jinhae yet, they should hurry up visiting there. Surely, they will!!
Thank you for reading my information!! lol!

Last edited by Kang Eunmi on Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:50; edited 3 times in total
Kang Eunmi
Kang Eunmi
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty What a good summary

Post  bobosbong Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:44

Thanks for the brief summary. From the moment when I entered this graduate school, Enonomy news has become a story of a different world. Though I majored in Economics. Many thanks for your summary and tips(in your prediction). Good night.

kiera wrote:Summary : The chairman of FRB, Ben Bernanke said the economic
condition of the USA has been contracted in the first half of the year and might become worse unless the government do something to increase the domestic product growth. He also expected that the US economic activity will be strengthen in the year of 2009 thanks to the certain actions such as aggressive interest rate cut.

Opinion : I think that the financial woes of the USA is closely related to the world economy, of course Korea's, too. And I also get a tip for the appropriate investment from the corruption of Bank Bearstearns. That is "Too much is as bad as too little."

Prediction : My prediction is that recession of the US economy won't get better easily because of economical crisis such as soaring oil price, unemployment, and burden of the war expense.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji-eun Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:46

I love you summary

Cherry blossom festival is kicking up in the Washingto D.C. Nearly million visitors will be drawn to the city for enjoying cherry blossom. These cherry blossoms will reach the peak through April 3rd and it is the official sign that spring has sprung. 3000 cherry blossom trees were present from Japan in 1912.

I love you Opinion

I am the opinion of that most people are really enjoying these wonderful festival with cherry blossom. One sad point is that cherry blossom is the national flower of Japan, so whenever i see cherry blossom in spring, i think about our national flower, too. As we know, our one is not popular as much as cherry blossom. So we need to concern and love our one more than now.

I love you Prediction

My prediction is that the cherry blossom will be spreaded all over the world. As we know, most people really like the cherry blossom and we can feel so happy during this special short time with cherry blossom. This flower is not exist for a long time, but it looks wonderful and fantastic! I heard that it is not difficult to cultivate cherry blossom trees, so i think the cherry blossom will be more spreaded and more people will be able to enjoy these wonderful sights with spring!
Ji-eun
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty I love your prediction

Post  bobosbong Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:56

Yes, I also sometimes feel that the Americans and the western culture seem to mystefy Japanese culture to some extent. But, anyway, I agree with your opinion that cherry blossoms make a bright atmosphere. It's so~~~beautiful. I'm a little sorry the best season this year has already gone. Wish you and I have luch together sometime now expecting greenish leaves. Razz

Mi Jin Jeong wrote:Summary:

In 1912, Japan gave 3,000 cherry trees to the US to mark their friendship, and nowadays many people enjoys the pink sweet-smelling blossom in the national park in DC. Organizers say that they are expecting one lillion visitors will come to the US capital to see the annual Cherry Blossom Festival.

Opinion:
I am of the opinion that the bring pink color of cherry blossom is good thing to get people's attention. They let us know spring has come with their full bloom every year.And I think it makes people feel happy and live in hope. In Korea, we also have a kind of cherry Festival annually, I think. Unfortunately, I couldn't have been in the show for recent years.
The KNU campus is full of cherry blossom these days, and it makes me feel good sometimes even when I am not in a good mood.

Prediction:
My prediction is that more and more people will visit the Festival in DC to enjoy the warm spring season. And the trees and the show will spread to other States in the US. It seems that the Americans have sort of fancy for Japan culture- totally my thought. The Cherry Festival would increase that fantacy in the US, and two nations' relationship would be much stronger constantly.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty To be honest with you, me? neither

Post  bobosbong Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:19

To be honest with you, I don't care pretty much about the U.S. economy, either. As we are still on the campus, we don't know and care the up-to-date news unless it's so shocking or influential. However, I see differently about the strong economic connection between Korea and the US. It's Korea's No.1 trade partner and greater number of our products are being exported to the U.S.^_^
See you tomorrow.
Brother Shocked Pilsu~

Lee Pilsu wrote:Summary: Federal Reserve Chairman, Bernanke, made a short announcement about the (U.S.) economy before the Congress panel. He said that the economy will be bad and could even contract in the first half of this year, but it will change for the better in the second half of the year due to interest rate cuts, financial and housing market woes disappears and some other reasons. It is reported that if it had not been for the emergency funds, the financial market could have turned into a chatic situation.

Opinion: To be honest, I don't have any personal opinion on this news article because I don't know much about economy. But one thing that I noticed was that his presence and his remarks should carry a significant and powerful meaning because he was surrounded by scores of cameramen and U.S. Congress panels.

Prediction: My prediction is that Korean economy will suffer in the first half of this year and will pick up in the second half because I heard Korean economy is influenced a lot by the United States'.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

This week's video news #4 (complete assignment online by Thursday April 10) - Page 2 Empty It's always difficult to understand...

Post  Kang Eunmi Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:24

Like your opinion, I don't know much about economy, either.
One thing that I'm really sad is every contries tend to depend on the financial situation of U.S.
Anyway, thanks for your information.

Kang Eunmi
Kang Eunmi
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  inmyheart479 Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:34

Kang Eunmi wrote:Summary
It's time to go to the annual cherry blossom festival in Washington D.C. Almost a million visitors will take part in this festival.
Some people are the fist time to see the beauty of the cherry blossom and some are not. But they like the smell of the cherry trees.
One interviwee says that even it's not fully open but it's still pretty.
The peak bloom will reach through April 3rd also it means officail sign; spring has sprung.
In 1912, about 3,000 cherry trees are given to U.S from Japan to mark a growing friendship between two countries.

Opinion
I'm of the opinion that the cherry trees in the screen are not pretty enough. What I try to say is Cherry trees in Korea, especially in Jinhae are
much better than those in U.S.
Actually my hometown is Jinhae. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
Have you ever walked under the cherry blossoms? In fact, Jinhae is famous for the biggest and most beautiful cherry trees in Korea. Not only the Mts, but also the entire area is painted pink and white colors. Many people who have seen the cherry blossom in Jinhae can not help thinking this city is just like the work of an artist.

prediction
My classmates who read my reply or information about the cherry blossom in Jinhae flower will visit there in
April. Once people who see the fantastic cherry blossoms in Jinhae, they will fall in love with the beauty of Jinhae.
If they haven't visitied Jinhae yet, they should hurry up visiting there. Surely, they will!!
Thank you for reading my information!! lol!

Hi, there.
I can feel that you are proud of yourself having Jinhae as your hometown.
This year's spring is in the process of coming, but lingers and pauses here and there. Hopefully it will get here soon. Luckily the cherry blossoms are absolutely gorgeous this year, but I haven't found any free time to breathe the fragrances of spring flowers. While I was reading your article, I felt like hitting the road to Jinhae to find myself rejuvenated walking in an area full of cherry blossoms. So, I totally agree with your saying that the cherry blossoms in Jinhae are better than those in D.C.

Last edited by inmyheart479 on Thu Apr 10 2008, 07:37; edited 1 time in total
inmyheart479
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next