English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

4 posters

Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

Post  Kanghoon Jang Thu Apr 03 2008, 18:55

Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation

There are a number of advantages in response to how well English is in the world. English is one of the contributions to go more simply on stages of developed countries than others. Korea was one of the fastest countries for development. However, unfortunately we do not settle on the stages yet because of English in some ways. Accordingly, if we can speak English more fluency, there are a plenty of benefits to contribute to a variety of aspects in Korea.

First of all, it is going to help in economic field. Nowadays, the world get globalized, which means that many international companies would come to in Korea to invest in money and amount of Korean companies can go to foreign countries to develop new resources. In fact, new government starting from March this year tries to revive our economy taking international enterprises in Korea. Therefore, speaking English would be able to contribute to making business-friendly states in Korea.

Secondly, it is going to promote Korean culture to spread out easily in the world. These days, Korean waves have been popular in some Asian countries even South America because of Korean dramas. That is why, the countries invite Korean stars in dramas to show what real-Korean waves are going on to many citizens, and they also want to visit there to let them know how extraordinary Korean waves are. The problem is, however, a language. When Korean stars visit there, they always speak Korean in front of many people. At least, people living in the countries can conversationally understand English. If they can speak English, other people would understand simply without any translations.

Finally, it is going to boost competitive powers of our young generations in the world. Many young people have recently been to other countries a lot for many reasons. There are many opportunities to meet or work together with people coming from other countries when they go abroad. Therefore, we already made a decision that English is supposed to be official one as communication tools, which mean that if they do not speak English, they would not be able to communicate with each other. Plus, it could give foreigners bad first impression regarding Korea.

To sum up, new government in Korea already knew those advantages of English and how importance English is. Therefore they want to change our English education’s system despite the opposition of that. However, the most important thing is that the citizen in Korea should know concerning that because it would be hard to change without help of many people, also this is remarkable timing to gather our energies for victory of English.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:00; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Font setting (reverse bolding) and spacing between paragraphs)
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Re: OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

Post  Younghee choi Thu Apr 03 2008, 22:20

Your remarks on Korean wave was interesting.
It is true that Korean movie or TV stars play an important role in bringing glory to our country. For them to be an effective cultural embassador, it will be helpful to speak English fluently. That is, a good proficiency of English will be a great assest to them indeed.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Re: OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation

Post  Inkab Thu Apr 03 2008, 23:02

Dear, Kanghoon,

It's nice to see we are sharing the same topic which doesn't seem so easy to develop.
Thinking of my child, English is considered essential, since it will help my boy broad his knowlege, perspective, and realm of activities. Without mentioning my boy, you will be the right example to get huge benefit from your fluent English ability. Unlike other classmates, your future is quite unforseeable, so I'm really eager to see what kind of job you would get and how much your English abilitywould be helpful in grasping those opportunities in your future. Good luck to you.

sincerely,

Inkab
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty HAHAHA..

Post  Kanghoon Jang Fri Apr 04 2008, 05:37

Don't flatter me too much.. Smile
I think that if we talk about our future in person later, you would be surprised. It is important for this year to get a job but to be honest I already made plans of what kind of jobs I want to. Of course, there is dissapointing things that I can't tell you here. Perhaps, we can chat about life going on including English too.

However, don't get me wrong. I just like to talk about life going on with other people who look like to be able to share my ideas seriously.

Have a fabulous weekend with your lovely son!

Best wishes,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Congrats younghee!

Post  Kanghoon Jang Fri Apr 04 2008, 09:37

Congrats on your level-up!
Because of my laziness, I couldn't catch up what you did in forum. During several days last week, I didn't want to do anything for some reasons. However, I already got back to my old track to be a hard-working person. It is a good thing that thanks to you, we already saw what we are going to be if we post our things more than 50 times. Plus, I can guess that if we post them more than 70 times, we would be changed. Hopefully, it is true!

I hope that we can talk each other in classroom. hahaha..

have a fubulous weekend!

lovely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP3-How English benefits Korea as a nation Empty Kanghoon's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:22

Hi Kanghoon,

Thanks very much for submitting your essay in response to this topic. I'm really happy to see it, because it shows me very clearly that you have made excellent progress in this course. In a relatively short period of time you've gone from writing very casual pieces without much in the way of focus or organization to a very succinct, well organized and well expressed piece of academic writing. With this rate of improvement, the sky's the limit for you...

Your introduction includes a very relevant lead-in to the general topic. It gives a lot of credibility to the categorization that you then go on to deal with in the body of the essay. Just remember that with basic categorization essays, we want a summary of the sub-sections of the main topic right there at the end of the introduction, to show the reader clearly how we have broken down our broad topic.

The categories you've chosen to explain in the body of the essay are generally well chosen and well elaborated. You've often used good examples, and restrained your natural style to make sure they don't become too long-winded (and hence potentially off-topic). This shows real development in your composition ability.

The conclusion loses its way somewhat. Try to just mention your categories again and show why they are a relevant and logical breakdown of the main topic. Be careful not to inject too much of your opinion into this type of essay - it's more explanatory than argumentative.

Below are some suggestions for your language development:

Kanghoon Jang wrote:Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation

There are a number of advantages in response to how well English is in the world. Question English is one of the contributions to go more simply on stages of developed countries than others. Korea was one of the fastest countries for development. However, unfortunately we do not settle on the stages yet because of English in some ways. Accordingly, if we can speak English more fluency, there are a plenty of benefits to contribute to a variety of aspects in Korea.

First of all, it is going to help in economic field. Question Nowadays, the world get globalized, which means that many international companies would come to in Korea to invest in money and amount of Korean companies can go to foreign countries to develop new resources. In fact, new government starting from March this year tries to revive our economy taking international enterprises in Korea. Therefore, speaking English would be able to contribute to making business-friendly states in Korea.

Secondly, it is going to promote Korean culture to spread out easily in the world. Question These days, Korean waves have been popular in some Asian countries even South America because of Korean dramas. That is why, the countries invite Korean stars in dramas to show what real-Korean waves are going on to many citizens, and they also want to visit there to let them know how extraordinary Korean waves are. The problem is, however, a language. When Korean stars visit there, they always speak Korean in front of many people. At least, people living in the countries can conversationally understand English. If they can speak English, other people would understand simply without any translations.

Finally, it is going to boost competitive powers of our young generations in the world. Many young people have recently been to other countries a lot for many reasons. There are many opportunities to meet or work together with people coming from other countries when they go abroad. Therefore, we already made a decision that English is supposed to be official one as communication tools, which mean that if they do not speak English, they would not be able to communicate with each other. Plus, it could give foreigners bad first impression regarding Korea.

To sum up, new government in Korea already knew those advantages of English and how importance English is. Therefore they want to change our English education’s system despite the opposition of that. However, the most important thing is that the citizen in Korea should know concerning that because it would be hard to change without help of many people, also this is remarkable timing to gather our energies for victory of English.

Cool English contributes to the development of some countries in simpler or more profound ways than other influences [NOTE: It was hard to understand exactly your original meaning here...]

Cool Nowadays, the world is becoming more globalized, which means that many international companies will potentially come to in Korea to invest while Korean companies can go to foreign countries to develop new resources

Cool These days, a phenomenon known as the "Korean wave" has made Korea popular in some Asian countries (and even in South America) due to the positive influence of things like of Korean television dramas. [NOTE: Koreans are actually the only ones who talk about a "Korean wave" -- it is rather unheard of as a concept outside Korea -- so for a non-Korean reading audience you need to explain the idea a little better]

All in all, a fantastic effort from you Kanghoon. Congratulations are also due to you for becoming the second student in these forums to achieve "wizard" status. It is a testament to all your hard work and your effort to provide feedback and interaction for your classmates. It's wonderful to see your efforts and development.

Keep up the excellent work,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Fri Apr 11 2008, 12:32

Hi, Jaosn again!

Thank you so much. Thanks to other people, I seems to make my things right. I also happy to see it.
To be honest, if I see people who are really eager to doing something, I really want to cheer them up and follow their suit because there are wonderful energies and inspirations so far. I think that our classmates and you make me do that again with my sincerity and honesty. Therefore, I am going to continue to do that even though I would make mistakes a lot.

Thank you again Jason!

Lovely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down