English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation.

3 posters

Go down

[OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty [OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation.

Post  HyejinJeon Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:29

English is the most powerful language in the world. Most countries encourage educator to teach English in school. Korea is one of the most active countries in learning English.
There are three benefits that English gives Korea as a nation.

First benefit is that English make the diplomacy between Korea and other countries.
As the world becomes smaller and smaller, the interchange in the world is more important. For Korea to be competitive, it is need to communicate with other countries. It is English that is used in communication. For example, in UN, one of the official languages is English. In addition, it is very sensitive to deal with international problems and conflicts. To make our relationship with other countries smooth, interpreters have to be careful to translate. The better they have English ability, the better our relationship is.

Another benefit is English let Koreans be competitive. More people go out into the world. It is in the world that their dreams come true, and they will be successful. Moreover, Korea can be one of strong leaders on the world stage. To do that, people should be good at English. As people learn English, they become competitive. Actually, it’s very pity that Koreans’ English skill is not good in proportion to money we spend.

Third benefit is that Korean who can speak English is able to let foreigners know about Korea. In addition, Koreans know other’s culture. To get along with other countries, it is essential to know about each other’s culture. As we know about it, we can understand each other more. Then, world peace can be kept.

To sum up, English is very beneficial to Korea. Now, English education in Korea has problems. There are efforts to solve them. After adjusting various opinion, we need to try to learn English and be competitive.

Last edited by HyejinJeon on Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:50; edited 1 time in total
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty There seems to be some problem.

Post  HyejinJeon Thu Apr 03 2008, 20:37

Actually, I typed my essay in Microsoft Word. Then I copied it and posted it.
So, it is a littel hard to read. There is no enough gap between two lines.
I'm sorry. Next time, I 'll be more careful.

It's too late. Good night my classmates and Jason, very good teacher! Very Happy
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty Re:[OP3]

Post  Jongwoo Tue Jun 03 2008, 06:06

You have made a very good point. I can't agree more with you. As we have witnessed in recent negotiations around FTA and American beef import, English skills are closely related to our country's best interest. We live in the world where countries are economically interelated one another, and English is considered the Lingua Franca. The smaller the world has become, the more important role the English language has come to play.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty Re: [OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation.

Post  Youn Sujin Wed Jun 04 2008, 12:52

I also felt sorry for the misunderstanding on agreement of beef import. They should have been more prudent and careful. This situation can be an appropriate example of English related to our national interest.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation. Empty Re: [OP3] Write about how English can benefit Korea as a nation.

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down