English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LP No.4

2 posters

Go down

LP No.4 Empty LP No.4

Post  Jason Jang Mon Apr 07 2008, 01:50

Hi guys, this is my first time writing here and i'm really happy to have a great chance to learn various teaching techniques. moreover, I have looked at some of the students' works and they were brilliant. i hope mine is ok. anyway, let's have a great time together.

Since my file is too big, i have posted my LP on my blog.
http://blog.paran.com/lusj0107
Jason Jang
Jason Jang
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

LP No.4 Empty Re: LP No.4

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 16 2008, 09:33

Hi Jason,

First of all, I want to recommend that you give feedback to other students' lesson plans before asking the same for yours. You've only made two posts in the forum at this point, and in both cases you're asking for others to help you... Help should be a shared/reciprocated thing.

Your 4th lesson plan shows some good promise. I was slightly confused about a couple of things, however:

1. Are you sure it's a good idea to ask the students to be so productive with the dialogues at such an early stage (points 7 and 8 in your 'noticing' section)? The students may benefit more from noticing things in the overall input and working with smaller tasks before we 'throw them in the deep end' and start doing extensive production.

2. Your drill presentation items are great: I like the easy-to-apply visual nature of them. However, in terms of application, I'm not sure about the left/right side covering instructions. It looks a little like you've copied one of my example instructions without really considering how they would work effectively with your own new presentation model for the drill items...

3. The activities for the Drill and Enunciation sections are rather vague and brief.

4. It isn't exactly clear what you want the students to do with the discourse awareness task. I think other teachers would be very confused looking at this section of your lesson, and by extension, students could be very confused, too.

You'll be able to improve these sorts of lesson plans with more attention to detail and more thought about how these things will actually operate in a classroom setting.

Good luck with it,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum