English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 4

+2
Younghee choi
Ju-mi,Im
6 posters

Go down

Journal 4 Empty Journal 4

Post  Ju-mi,Im Sun Apr 13 2008, 09:55

Journal 4 : The best place to visit when I need time to think and relax.

Yesterday after reading other student's journal, I came to think of similar topic: The best place to visit when I need time to think and relax. The best place for me is Pa-gae temple in Pal-gong mountain.

It's not big temple, but not small. The road to go there is good for taking a walk. When I walk along the way, I feel as if I'm in new world. Also monks are very kind. I would talk with them.

Last summer I visited to Pa-gae temple with my close friends because I used to tell them about the temple. I wanted to bring them. At first they weren't interested in my suggestion. However, as soon as they arrived, they seemed to be happier than I. We were fascinated by the peaceful and solemn atmospher. We took pictures and on the way to go back, enjoyed dabbling in water at a valley near the temple. And then we ate grilled duck food since Pal-gong mountain is also well known for it. We did't have a car, and the bus which go to food shop came once an hour so we walked for 30 minutes and got to our destination. Of course it was not easy! Yet I can't forget the time and the memories now remain as some pictures.

Everyone has their own ways to release stress or solve problems. To me, it's helpful to go calm and quiet place and Pa-gae temple is the best. If you have a chance, I recommend to you there.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty Re: Journal 4

Post  Younghee choi Sun Apr 13 2008, 11:26

I've been there before. I also liked it.
I think it would have been better if I had walked to the temple.
I usally drive to the front of the temple and ramble about it.
As you experienced, walking down to the bus stop would be a great idea since the arched path with trees and greens is beautiful especially in summer.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty Hello Jumi

Post  Jung namsook Sun Apr 13 2008, 20:02

It's so beautiful season to appreciate a fabulous temple, where my family and I used to visit before I got married. Your journal urges me to just drive there leaving heavy assignments behind. I would first like to feel the nature and talk with my family in a peaceful temple once again. I would love it.
Thanks for reminding me of how wonderful the temple is. Upon touching the place, I would be leaving my message to you.

Bye,
Namsook
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty Hello my junior~

Post  Jung Yoojin Sun Apr 13 2008, 22:21

Hello Jumi!
This is Yoojin^^ Nict to meet you here!
I was very happy to see you on this online~ As you know I am taking some classes from English postgradate department. One of them is Practical English~@
Sometimes I just have visited other classes and I saw several aquaintances here.
I saw your journal which sounds very good. Sometimes I also feel very stressful and I do not know how to shatter it. After reading yours, I also think it's a good way to go temple and have a serenity from there. I also have an experience going Haein Temple and had a temple stay activity. That is, you can experience as monks during your stay. You can see Sungchul monk's Budda stone and can see bunch of stars at night. It was great to me. Because I have never seen such a beautiful sightseeing at night! ^^
You can enjoy as well, if you do that activity you can meet many foreigners there ~
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ji hye Lim Sun Jun 15 2008, 16:27

I don't go special place when I need time to think and relax. When my mind is complicated, I usually go to home and stay my room. My room is best place to think alone for me. I heard that manay people go Mounatian and temple. However I don't like mountain climbing and temple . Especially I don't like temple. Because I hate smell of incense.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 4 Empty What a wonderful place!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Sun Jun 15 2008, 20:58

I also like temple, actually compared to church, temples are generally situated in the middle of mountain. I don't know why but most of the temples are in the forest. Thus the air and the scenary surrounding temples always makes peoples released and peaceful. You are one of them, right? I also wanted to visit nearest temple but that's not so easy as it is. Because it's very diffidult to visit strange place all by myself, first trial is always hard. Howevery on hearing your journal, I thought that in several days, I would go there ^-^
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down