English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video news assignment for May 1st

+28
kiera
Ji Young, Kim
jihyun
Nam-suk
Mi Jin Jeong
sunnypine
Ryu Jeong A
Ji-eun
Kim Eun-jung
Joo Un-jin
bobosbong
Boyun Park
Park, Saang-yung
billy
Hyo-Jin Kim
Han Kyoung Jae
Kyeong-im
Oksun
Kim Jin-Young
bakbann
Liz
Jung Yoojin
inmyheart479
Lee yujin
Lee Pilsu
Bae Sung-han
eunjin39
Jason Renshaw
32 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty the third report

Post  Joo Un-jin Wed May 07 2008, 20:04

Can high tech bring families closer?

summary: TV, computer games and videos used to separate families. But now the opposite happens. High tech comes into family life and it brings families closer. Family members get around and enjoy it together. For example, a game which is shown on a big TV screen was made for family members to enjoy together. A case of a family who was enjoying family life together was documented also.

opinion: We used to talk about the disadvantages of TV and computer games. But we cannot be separated from them. At this point we have to find something good about them and try to make use of them. It is a good news that new technology brings family closer. It is a wise way to use the cutting edge devices. And I think more and more programs and devices that families can enjoy together have to be invented.

prediction: I predict this kind of technology will make families closer. Actually there are not many things for families to share. Games, we can enjoy together. Family members can have fun by the help of technology. More and more programs and devices will be invented for families to enjoy together. But the most important thing is communicating with each other. Families have to contact eyes and talk to each other heartily. Technology cannot satisfy our desire to be heart to heart. Family members will keep seeking heartful communication.
Joo Un-jin
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty drive to produce injury-proof car

Post  bobosbong Wed May 07 2008, 20:05

summary
A swedish car maker Volvo is developing an injury-proof car. Although experts are saying that it's tough and theoretically possible, Volvo is spurring forward testing the satety of its prototype.

opinion
It's a fascinating idea. It's true that every driver feels insecure on the road. This is good news for them. Moreover, I'd like to compliment the company for their attention to the safety of drivers because few car makers concern it. I welcome this news and give a full support to it.

prediction
Many drivers will welcome this idea and be interested in the process of the developmet of the car. Plus, a person like me who hesitates to drive concerning about the possible accident will sure buy it if it's launched. So, the company will be be renowned by its injury-proof cars.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty 1st video news

Post  Kim Eun-jung Wed May 07 2008, 20:10

Summary

A Swedish car company, Volvo is making an effort to reduce fatalities and injuries caused by car accidents. Besides safety tests, they're creating a car with a giant bumper around its occupants. The goal is to make an uncrashable car with huge electronic brains to minimize the impact on those inside if the collision becomes unavoidable. Volve already offers ignition switches that won't work when drivers are drunken and sound an alarm in case of drowsiness.

Opinion

It's a good news as a car driver. I've been driving a car for six years, and experienced several car crashes, fortunately minor ones. There were much more cases that didn't lead to car crashes but were very dangerous. Driving a car always gives me a fear, conscious or unconscious because just a moment´s carelessness can cause a horrible accident. If I have the car mentioned on the news, I can feel more safe.

And I'm thankful that high technologies continuously offer us new types of safety devices. Several decades ago we didn't even have an air bag on our cars. It's quite amazing that we already have a car which can prevent drunken or drowsy driving and soon we can have an uncrashable car. By the help of these devices, it is expected that death or injuries by car crashes will decrease.

Prediction

If an uncrashable car is produced at a reasonable price, it'll sell well. Because almost every driver feels some fear of car accident while driving, they'll willingly purchase this car for their safety. And the success of this car will encourage other car companies to develop new technologies as well, and we'll have much more safe cars and safety devices.

Kim Eun-jung
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty 1st "Drive to produce injury-proof car"

Post  Ji-eun Wed May 07 2008, 20:19

I love you Summary

In order to reduce car accidents in the world, there were crash tests to make injury-proof cars. This car company put their effort to make a future with no accidents!

I love you Opinion

I'm the opinion of that it is really hopeful nesw for all of us in the world. "Injury-proof car" ! isn't it so sweet word? Today, i heard the terrible news that the bus which transfered high school students for field-trip was overthrown and throug this miserable accident, three people (bus driver and two students) died and there were about thirty casualties. What a horrible tragedy it is!!! If this injury-proof car will be invented, we can have a dream the future without accident!

I love you Prediction

My prediction is that thanks to this company's great effort, the rate of accident will be reduce gradually. Moreover through this news, more people will be revoked the serious of accident and importance of safety again. The more people are becoming drivers and the roads are enough full with the cars. Actually the accidents can not be avoided. However it we consider a lot and care about the safety, i think it can be better. ^^
Ji-eun
Ji-eun
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Your writing makes me understand the report clearly.

Post  Joo Un-jin Wed May 07 2008, 20:25

i could understand the report more clearly after reading your summary. i found that in some parts I misunderstood the report.
Anyway I wholly agree with your opinion that this kind of complicated society makes more mentally disordered people. And I also agree with you in the point that he is a psychopath. There cannot be any reasonable excuses for his behavior. I think he may not know that his behavior is critically wrong. Even he enjoyed himself under beautiful sunshine making his daugher suffer from fear in the cellar. How can a man do that?!! To him, we can't find any morality and common sense.
bakbann wrote:Summary
A 73 year old father, named Josef Fritzl, is charged with rape and confinement of his own daughter in Austria. He has imprisoned and raped his daughter, Elisabeth, for 24 years. Three of his children, or grandchildren, from Elisabeth were also locked up with her in the secret dungeon in his house. Other three were adopted by him and his wife, and one was dead. This man, so-called "horror father", is now behind bars.

Opinion
I am of the opinion that complicated and rapid changing society is producing terrible criminals who have mental disorder. In the past, criminal purposes were rather simple. Criminal psychologists could find out their purposes and read their minds without much difficulty. However, now, in this complex society, criminal minds are incomprehensible at all. They are way more cruel and insane. Take Fritzl who is definitely a psychopath. He couldn't have committed such an awful crime unless he had been out of his mind. There are many other crazy criminals. Few days ago, a man in Korea killed a random girl in the street with no particular reason and what is worse this is not uncommon worldwide. Therefore, I think more criminals have serious mental problems in this confused society.

Prediction
My prediction is that these lunatic criminals will increase even more. Society is getting complicated, changing, individualized at the highest rate, which remains psycho criminals. Moreover, being overexposed to violence, people see the violence as senseless these days. Criminal psychology points out that all of these environmental factors drive criminals to the extreme. Thus, more and more criminals will be insane, absolutely not understandable and unexplainable by any words.
Joo Un-jin
Joo Un-jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty The Third Vedio

Post  Jung Yoojin Wed May 07 2008, 20:28

Can Hi-tech bring family closer?

Summary :
Technology used to make family be seperated. Family relationship suffered. However some technology companies try to be opposite. They conthrive High Definition TV and games etc to make family gather. Interactive technology challenge families spend time together. Instead of small TV in each room, there is a Big Screen in family's house. It can give wide and clear screen and makes family get around! New ways are invented for family enjoy together!

Opinion :
I am the opinion of that it is very interesting news and sounds very helpful for nuclear family. I think newly invented technology always make people alone and seperate. Internet games , mobilephones, nintendo games and etc make people enjoy and spend their own time alone in their own rooms. But through this news, technology can give us opportunities spend time with our family. It sounds very fantastic! The idea of using Bigh Screen which make people get around together and see everything clear at one place is extremly agreeable! Nowadays family members are so busy to do their own business , we need to have fun with family member altogether. Even they have work to do but the most important thing is to share emotions with your intimates. So this news make me excited.

Predition :
There are lots of newly conthrived games. After producing interactive games people would buy them and those games become promising all over the world. Sharing family information through big screen TV, family enjoy their time sharing. Families become world wide community through that program.
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Can Hi-Tech bring families together?

Post  bobosbong Wed May 07 2008, 20:33

summary
Many think that Hi-tech spoils family relationship. However, electronic companies are now trying some new softwares to help build the relationship solid. One family that experieced one of these is giving a good response to it.

opinion
It's great cause I like video games, but for those who don't enjoy them, especially the older people, parents, these new programs will not mean much. Still, if they open their mind and try to experience these fun things by the help of their kids, soon they might be more into them than their children. In this sense, they deserve the praise for their commitment to strengthening family ties.

prediction
Parents will at first quite feel new to them but they will enjoy more and more as time goes by because the games are simple, mostly including body movement. And who knows they will be popular as a sporting equipment.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty The 1st Video, Drive to produce injury-proof car

Post  Ryu Jeong A Wed May 07 2008, 20:35

[summary]
One of the Swedish companies is challenging over decreasing casualties caused by car accidents. They expect that such hi-tech devices as an electronic brake and sound alarming system will contribute to the lowering the death rates or at least minimize the possibilities by developing hi-tech car which can sense possible crash with other vehicles by 2020.

[opinion]

I’m of the opinion that producing injury-proof cars is possible in the future. Though I don’t believe that those kinds of technologies will guarantee no car crash on the road, I think that will do work in minimizing the rate of casualties for sure.

[prediction]

Now the thing left is the realization of the good technology. So, my prediction is that the Swedish government, known as one of the best welfare states, will roll up their sleeves to make the most use of injury-proof cars in the street.

Last edited by Ryu Jeong A on Wed May 07 2008, 20:51; edited 1 time in total
Ryu Jeong A
Ryu Jeong A
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty It is a good point!

Post  Jung Yoojin Wed May 07 2008, 20:39

Your predition touched me. I agree with your statement. What is important for famiy is communicaiton. Even technology can make family members engage altogether, warm-hearted communication is more important than that. Nowadays, I feel people are crazy on online community (is it too strong world? haha) I know online is very efficient to utilize , but people tend to prefer online community than off-line. That makes people more unrealistice and they do not really trustful for themselves. It is good to communicatie each other online but that can not fulfill every satisfaction.
Joo Un-jin wrote:Can high tech bring families closer?

summary: TV, computer games and videos used to separate families. But now the opposite happens. High tech comes into family life and it brings families closer. Family members get around and enjoy it together. For example, a game which is shown on a big TV screen was made for family members to enjoy together. A case of a family who was enjoying family life together was documented also.

opinion: We used to talk about the disadvantages of TV and computer games. But we cannot be separated from them. At this point we have to find something good about them and try to make use of them. It is a good news that new technology brings family closer. It is a wise way to use the cutting edge devices. And I think more and more programs and devices that families can enjoy together have to be invented.

prediction: I predict this kind of technology will make families closer. Actually there are not many things for families to share. Games, we can enjoy together. Family members can have fun by the help of technology. More and more programs and devices will be invented for families to enjoy together. But the most important thing is communicating with each other. Families have to contact eyes and talk to each other heartily. Technology cannot satisfy our desire to be heart to heart. Family members will keep seeking heartful communication.
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty The 2nd Video, ”Horror father's'' double life

Post  Ryu Jeong A Wed May 07 2008, 20:50

[summary]
A 73-year old man was arrested for imprisoning his own daughter and ‘their’ 3 children in the sound-proof cellar in secret for 24 years. Now the investigation team is trying to find out what had happened and why he did it.

[opinion]
I’m terribly sorry whenever I hear that kind of absurd story aired now and then. It is impossible to understand such an irrational behavior. Where is parental love from him on earth? This kind of devilish crime must not happen again. So, I’m of the opinion that this case be carried out thoroughly and strictly, and then publicized worldwide so that similar cases can be prevented from happening.

[prediction]
My prediction is that he will be sentenced to a severe punishment by the local court and his children are likely to suffer from the nightmare of being harassed and locked up, no matter how long they are given mental and psychological treatment of good quality.
Ryu Jeong A
Ryu Jeong A
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Second Video-Horrible Father

Post  Lee yujin Wed May 07 2008, 20:53

Summary
The horrible father in Austria kept his daughter and her three children in a secert cellar for 24 years. Now police and investigation team have been working on that maligcious crime to find out the truth. He even forced his daughter to worte a letter that said she gave the custody of her children to him amd his wife.

Opinion
I was quite shocked when I saw the news. I thought he was such a cold-booled father. He took away and destroyed four people's lives under the name of the "Father". I was even surprised to hear that he has arranged his life as normal as other ordinary people's lives. How did he travel and go on a holiday?? I think he might have a sort of mental disoider.
What makes me more sad is that nobody knew what really happended to thses poor victims.

prediction
This cruel father will be punished and behind bars for a long time. Even though the victims need to overcome the miserable memory, I hope they will get better in some days, especially the young children. The goverment and police need to fortify the law to protect weak women and children.
Lee yujin
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  bobosbong Wed May 07 2008, 21:20

Lee Pilsu wrote:Summary: The car company in Sweden is striving to eliminate car accidents that take away 1.2 million people's lives and leave another 50 million injured worldwide. They are trying to develop a giant bumper that surrounds the people in the car the moment car accidents occur. However, the ultimate goal is to make no car accidents at all. What they called 'uncrushable cars' has various preventive functions that make the car unoperatable if the driver is drunk and send out a sound alarm in case the driver is drowsy.

Opinion: Whenever I hear of car accidents, it makes me creepy and scared. If it is just fender-bender accidents, it's not a big deal. However, in case of car-crash accidents many people get wounded severely and even killed. In Korea, hundreds of thousands people lose their lives and suffer from injuries due to car accidents. If the safety devices protecting the people in the car and preventing the accidents should be developed in the future, people will not lose their precious lives on the road because of car accidents. That's a great news for taxi drivers, bus drivers, and truck drivers, who have to spend most of their time driving on the road everyday.

Prediction: I'm optimistic about the possibility of the automobile company making such devices as prevent the car accidents from happening. By 2020, the percentage of people who get injured or killed due to the accidents will be much lower than now. Also, they will develop devices that make the car stop before hitting any small animals such as pigeons, cats, and dogs that lose their lives from the traffics on the road.

I like the last part of your prediction mentioning that they will develop devices preventing unexpected animal death. It's very creative! I've never thought about that. And I also agree that animals' lives are as much precious as human's. Why don't you suggest this ingenious idea to auto makers. They might adopt it.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty The 3rd Video, Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

Post  Ryu Jeong A Wed May 07 2008, 21:29

[summary]
Hi-technology experts assert that we will keep more intimate family relationship in the very near future, using the advanced devices like Nintendo Wii which is hot issue these days. Unlike previous devices such as cell phone, laptop computer, or IP pagers which separated people in their own space, this newly introduced devices are expected to bring families together and have quality time in front of the big screen of TV

[opinion]
As the expert said on the news, I am of the opinion that this kind of technology is just a tool, but not the end. I think the treadmill is to our health what the Wii is to the family relationship. So, it is the efforts of the family members that make them have fun together.

[prediction]
My prediction is that the market of hi-tech will grow more than ever before. Unfortunately, however, only after they have that hi-tech device installed in their house, consumers will come to know that this does not guarantee their family’s happiness, just like many people realize that they don’t lose any fat or get healthy even after purchasing sports goods.
Ryu Jeong A
Ryu Jeong A
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty third video-hi-techonology and family

Post  Lee yujin Wed May 07 2008, 21:30

summary
recently hi-technology has been used to bring into the family together. Some game-maker companies released the brand new interactive games which can be played by all the family members together and cutting-edge hi-definition TV started to attract the people to get out of thier rooms and stay in the living room with their family.

opnion
the idea that new generation of game will reinforce the relationship between family is really brilliant, because it's absolutely true that the ordinary computer games usually made young people just stuck in their room. This new kinds of games are played by four people and operated in a clear and easy way such as the body movement, therefore many parents who really want to play the game with their children but give up because of the complexity of the games easily join the games. However I don't think this change could really help restore the family relationship in korea, because many parents are usually too busy to have intersts in games.

prediction
Many family especially with teenagers would buy this highly developed technology. At this moment the cost would be relatively expensive, but soon it could be household stuff.^^
Big hi-fi TVs will be more popular, which would result in the significant change in mass media.
Also leisure activities done by the family would be changed, because with this games family won't have to go out to have a good time together.
Lee yujin
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Thanks

Post  Ryu Jeong A Wed May 07 2008, 21:52

Thank both of you for the detailed information on the case. It is more disastrous than I had expected. I still wonder why the daughter didn't resist her father and get out of it. And how come her mother didn't know that? Uhm...
Anyway, i think you two are very aggressive learners searching the internet and listening to CNN. I think I have to learn from you.

Kim Jin-Young wrote:Oh~ thank you. I didnt know that. Frankly, when I wrote this, I was confused with the name of nation. Embarassed I get blushed when I am thinking that someone reads my poorly organized writings. ^^ Anyway, I envy your warm-hearted attitudes and comments toward other writings. alien

inmyheart479 wrote:Hi, Jin Young.
A piece of good writing with a good expression and convincing prediction.
You may have found the detail over the internet but at the moment I am watching this case on CNN Live.
If you let me correct what you wrote, this case is ongoing in Austria, not Australia. ^^ (not a big of deal though)
No doubt he is as brutal as a beast.

Kim Jin-Young wrote:summary : Fritzel is accused of imprisoning and raping his daughter for 24 years. Elizabeth , Firtzel's daughter, gave a birth to 7 children with Fritzel. Three of them are adopted to his wife and him in his groundabove house because he forced Elizabeth to write a letter to ask for committing her three children. However, the youngest child was dead and secretly burn by him to cover something related to his crime. Now she is segregated from his father with great safety and other children are hospitalized because of the lack of oxygen and sunlight.

opinion : I searched the internet to find out more detailed information about this crime. In the first place, I can't give any comments about this because it's so atrocious that his sexual desire ruined one' whole life and give a fatal effects on her irreparable mental states. I'm of the opinion that more flagrant crimes than the past are uncovered to the public such as killing someone. The deaths of unknown persons are apt to be heard through news, and then we become immune to those crimes due to an increasing number of those.

prediction : Authorities concerned in Australia consider fully the seriousness of this crime and all the Australians feel shameful with knowing that unspeakable event happened in Australia. My prediction is that its police will take a drastic action to reveal how it could be maintained for such a long time. It is also likely that Fritzel will get a fairly heavy sentence and I hope she get overcome it.
Ryu Jeong A
Ryu Jeong A
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Can that high tech car protect me?

Post  sunnypine Wed May 07 2008, 22:18

1st video

Summary: Now cars can stop when it’s needed automatically to protect human beings. Thanks to the high technology, cars will become very smart. They will protect drunken people and some dangerous situations.

Opinion: I like that function so much. Actually I got my drivers’ license about 5 years ago. Still I don’t have my car and don’t drive either, because I am so scared of driving a car. If I can have that kind of car, then I don’t need to worry about crash and car accident. In that case, I will buy my car J I think science technology is getting better so quickly. So whatever we imagine, people will make it. Creativeness is the most important power I think.

Prediction: Cars will need to have or just have more important functions in the future. Like movies, automatic control can be really possible. Then people actually don’t need to care of driving so much. Then the price of just normal cars will be really cheaper than brand new high-technology cars. With these cars, of course, car accidents will be really decreased. That’s really good news for human beings especially Koreans, because we, Korea, have so high rate of car accidents.
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty I hate that old evil guy!

Post  sunnypine Wed May 07 2008, 22:19

2nd video

Summary: The evil father kept his own daughter at the basement of his house for 24 years. Even he raped his own daughter many times and they made 7 babies too. When his daughter was disappeared, everyone thought she was lost or something like that. Now she was revealed and it is really shocking news.

Opinion: I really hate sexual harassment, and rape so much. When I watched this news, I felt so disgusted. How could this happen? I really don’t understand how people didn’t notice anything for that long time. Everywhere there are various people of course. But I can not accept this kind of person in any world.

Prediction: I think that girl will really have so much trouble in living with her real family. Even she is their real daughter, family members will feel weird. I really feel sympathy for her so much. Like every news station wants to interview her like that. Her father will be living in the prison forever.
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty I love playing games with my family!

Post  sunnypine Wed May 07 2008, 22:20

3rd video

Summary: The news said high-technology can bring families closer. We used to think high technology such as TV, and computer will make families not closer, but the news said it will not be true. There were several games introduced on the news which will make families bring closer.

Opinion: Actually when I watched this new, I smiled so much. Because I’ve played both games, will and guitar hero, personally I really agree with this news. I really enjoyed those games and so did my family. Thanks to the high-technology stuff, we now have common topic to talk each other, and enjoy together. I think these kinds of games or things which use high-technology will really help us make our lives fun!

Prediction: Recently in Korea, Wii was released last weekend. So now Koreans can enjoy high-technology games. Actually Koreans especially old people are not interested in games, but from now on, Korea will not be able to ignore the power of games in the world.
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Drive to produce injury-proof car

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Wed May 07 2008, 22:35

Summary:
In Sweden, a big carmaker Volvo is developing "uncrashable car" to have no accident in the future. It has huge electronic
brains to minimize the impacts on people inside and to prevent car crash

Opinion:
I'm of the opinion that it's spledid. Cars became a part of our life these days, and I used to wonder why experts or carmakers don't think about the devices to prevent the car crash. That smart thing is a must-have to veteran drivers as well as sunday drivers just like me.

Prediction:
My prediction is that many people are welcoming this news and expecting to get the injury-proof car in the near future. Volvo will give their all to complete those smart brains as soon as possible. It can be a practical reality although it's said a theoretical possibility now.

Last edited by Mi Jin Jeong on Thu May 08 2008, 00:07; edited 4 times in total
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty summary, opinion, prediction..

Post  Nam-suk Wed May 07 2008, 22:56

On the 1st video..
summary : Swedish car Volvo sets a target to eliminate death and injury in its vehicles by 2020. Their first goal is to avoid car accident, but they tried to minimize the impact if it's inevitable to avoid that accident...especially it might be life saver for the drunk drivers..

Opinion: Considering hundreds of people a year are dying of car accident, this is absolutely great news even if it's still a long term goal for the car manufacturers.. Esp. the drunk drivers who lost their mind after binge drinking and then grab the steering wheel unconsciously might save their life, thanks to this car brain which has a electronic sensor to check the driver's condition.. Above all, drivers should be careful when they're driving, but this might be their convincing backup to avoid the disaster on the road...

Prediction : Like all fields, car market is very competitive field.. of course, they want to make more lucrative products, but volvo led up this tendency for more being in the drivers' shoes by making decision to create more sturdy cars...Even if it can not be the ultimate solution in massacre due to car accidents, but it might be a way to lessen the rate of car accidents due to just one mistake in seconds...

on the 2nd video..

summary : The 73 year-old Austrian man imprisoned his daughter in the cellar of his home and sexually abused for over 24 yrs. His daughter, now 42, born him seven children and any neighbors couldn't suspect at all his atrocity in their midst.

Opinion: I can vaguely remember another horrifying crime that another Austrian guy kidnapped schoolgirl, who was hidden in a windowless cellar for eight years until she escaped. To me, Austria is just a tranquil and picture-book land...Why did such horrifying crimes occur in the same period in this beautiful country?...That's a really shame and irony...These consecutive crimes might make the world identify Austrians as people of peculiar traits..Austria needs to do something not to repeat this kind of tragedy which might tarnish their own country image..

Prediction: There might be no doubt that his daughter and her children who kept in the basement and are in a seriously bad condition will have difficult time to recover..and the gullible officials who investigated the 74 year-old father might have a chance to think about the stronger sex offences legislation..

On the 3rd video..

Summary : High technology like computer, cell phone, and big screen TV etc. can make whole family have quality time together. Big screen TV is big and clear enough to make family together rather than separating them to their own places.

Opinion: People used to think high-tech such as computer and cell phone make themselves more isolated and individualistic since they seemed to be made only for individuals with their ultra light and small design.. However, companies like Panasonic try to solve this issue the way around..so called "high-tech centered family gathering". I'm of the opinion that this is another chapter in this tech field..This looked like resonating new age which is undetachable with cutting edge tech and suggesting new edition of family culture at the same time..

Prediction: This might be also very helpful to narrow the gap between generations in addition to giving families chances to get together enjoying group games..The advancement of technology has allowed us to enjoy much faster and more convenient life..I think it's time to more concern about humanism which has been ignored comparatively..This new tech might show us to get out of the situation of marginalizing people on this tech-centered era and suggest us some tips for harmonizing us with tech..
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty ''Horror father's'' double life

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Wed May 07 2008, 23:22

Summary:
Fritzel was arrested on imprisoning her daugher in a secret cellar and raping her over 20 years. His daugher has 7 children, who also have been imprisoned with her so far.

Opinion:
How could that kind of thing happen? I cannot believe it. He should be sentenced to a severe punishment. But...what about his daught? I wonder if she can adapt to a society and her new life.
There seems to be many criminals who couldn't realize how cruel and how horrible the crimies that they commited are. I eagerly hope evil people disappear and everyone live happily.

Prediction:
Needless to say, horror father will be punished according to the law. His daught and her children will have hard time living themselves.
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Can Hi-Tech bring families closer?

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Thu May 08 2008, 00:19

Summary:
It is usually said that hi-techs break family relationship and promote individualism even between members of family. But experts and companies are striving to make hi-tech product such as computer, games and big screen TV to get family time together.

Opinion:
I am the opinion that it's good idea to do something with family memebers all together. But I don't think doing together means being closer. Also, parents or senior people may not be interested in hi-tech things. I think it's important to talk a lot with family and do some relaxing activities that makes all family members feel comfortable when they are together. So hi-tech would not bring all families closer.

Prediction:
My prediction is that many will be so interested in it at first because people are concerning their family relationship recently. However, hi-tech would not be the hot family item.
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Video news assignment for May 1st - Page 3 Empty Re: Video news assignment for May 1st

Post  Liz Thu May 08 2008, 04:22

[quote="eunjin39"]Jason, I hope you get well soon! Crying or Very sad
Here's my homework. :-)

Cool Drive to produce injury-proof car

[summary]
Efforts to reduce car crash is made in Sweden with a test. Car crash is worldwide and any people are killed or injured by it. Already some technologies like ignition switch which will not work depending on the driver's condition are developed, but people are still working on the development

[opinion]
I'm of the opinion that people cannot prevent car crash 100 percent. Even though high technologies are developed these days, people should think about who are behind the wheel: human beings. Human beings cannot be controlled easily by scientific technologies no matter how effective the technologies are. I believe the driver's driving ability is sometimes beyond the technologies' influence.

[prediction]
My prediction is that the casualty caused by car crash will decrease in a decade. Many experts are still working on the technology to reduce car crash, and I believe they can achieve something great within ten years.

I totally agree with you. As a human being, we are meant to make a mistake. Sometimes it doesn't affect others, but car crashes can cause serious result. Although scientific technologies have a limit in to control human being, at least we may decrease the number of car crash.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Thu May 08 2008, 04:24

Mi Jin Jeong wrote:Summary:
Fritzel was arrested on imprisoning her daugher in a secret cellar and raping her over 20 years. His daugher has 7 children, who also have been imprisoned with her so far.

Opinion:
How could that kind of thing happen? I cannot believe it. He should be sentenced to a severe punishment. But...what about his daught? I wonder if she can adapt to a society and her new life.
There seems to be many criminals who couldn't realize how cruel and how horrible the crimies that they commited are. I eagerly hope evil people disappear and everyone live happily.

Prediction:
Needless to say, horror father will be punished according to the law. His daught and her children will have hard time living themselves.

Although they finally escaped from the secret cellar, it may took very long time for them to go back to the normal life. Or it may take a life time. They are tortured by someone who is the closest to them and they wouldn't get away from it easily. I really want to know why the horror father did this to his own daughter and her children. I highly doubt that they would get their smile back.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Thu May 08 2008, 04:25

bakbann wrote:Summary
High technology has been pointed as one of the main causes that had separated families. Some tech companies, however, now insist high technology can get family back together. For instance, family can play video games with the big screen and have fun together.

Opinion
It would be great that high tech can contribute to improving family relationship. However, I'm of the opinion that these simple gadgets cannot bring separated families back together. The rationale behind this is that there are actually many elements that separated families. In this busy and competitive society, people became much busier, which means there are less time to spend with their families. Children come home late from school or Hagwon. Back home, they need to study to get into a prestige university. Parents are also busy working to survive in this "eat or be eaten" society. The fast changing society widened generation gap as well. Lastly, due to the development of telecommunication and transportation, more and more families live apart. Some children study abroad and some husbands and wives meet only on weekends because of their jobs in different cities. Therefore, I think it won't be easy to get separated families back together by high tech only.

Prediction
My prediction is that this will be selling well. Although it may not keep family relationship closer, this is still eyecatching for children as well as adults. People, let alone tremendous number of passionate fans of Play station and Nintendo, would love this innovative and fun game. Thus, I think this will sell like hot cakes.

As you said, I don't think this is possible. Can old people enjoy hi-tech? Not many of our parents can use how to send text message. It took quite a long time to teach them how to use them. Likewise, to learn how to use hi-tech for having fun can be another stressful thing for them.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next