English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(OP5)What do you think are the potential benefits and limitations of online learning applications for English education in Korea? Support your opinion with details and examples.

Go down

(OP5)What do you think are the potential benefits and limitations of online learning applications for English education in Korea? Support your opinion with details and examples. Empty (OP5)What do you think are the potential benefits and limitations of online learning applications for English education in Korea? Support your opinion with details and examples.

Post  Ji hye Lim Mon May 12 2008, 19:14

Using online learning applications for English education is increasing more and more. Especially Korea has good environment for using this way because the internet is very common in Korea. This way has various benefits but it also has limitations.

First, Online learning applications can give us various multimedia materials. Through this various materials, We can study more fun and various way. However, if we depend on this too much, we can be separate with book. I heard that young children who are very familiar with online learning can't read book with concentration. Usually Internet give us basic information. If we want study profoundly, we must read a book. So we should use online learning applications appropriately.

Second, If we use online learning applications, we can save our money. Online lecture or information is cheaper than offline lecture or information. Many people buy online lectures or informations so the unit cost of production is reduced. However, when learner's will is weak, Using online lecture is bad way. In my case, this way was bad. One of my friends recommend me online lecture for English grammar. She said that the lecture's quality is good and price is reasonable. I considered between online lecture and offline lecture, after all I chose online because I could save money and I could listen lecture with a total disregard for time. However, I have weak will so this free way makes me lazy. There's no teacher who check my attendance and homework. so I missed the lecture or postponed it. if I had time limit like offline lecture, I would rather listen regularly but There is no time limit so I always postponed it. So I think that learner's will is very important when using online learning applications.

Consequently, if we use online learning applications appropriately, there's various good aspect but if we can't use it well, there's also various bad aspect. So we must try to use this wisely.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down