English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal Entry 1 : The unification of our country

2 posters

Go down

Journal Entry 1 :  The unification of our country Empty Journal Entry 1 : The unification of our country

Post  Hyun a Ji Sat May 17 2008, 11:48

By the time I got there, I didn't recognize our nation was divided. In democratic society, we haven't thought our ethnic group is present in other part, I thought we didn't have to unify whole nation. However I visited Kum-kang mountain in North-Korea four years ago, I realized I was wrong. Actually it took a very long time to prepare entering North-Korea. They wanted lots of identification including personal information, specific pictures and personal history. Near the border, we had to wait for entry procedure in the heat of the day in July. At that time, I didn't want to go North-Korea because of their long time procedure. In the end, we could enter North-Korea in five hours, we were really tired and wanted to go back South-Korea. However entering North-Korea took less time than a half hour because North-korea was very close to South-Korea. I could feel we were nearer than I thought.

As soon as entering North-Korea, a soldier who carried on big gun got on our bus and he looked around us. We were all flushed with seriousness and but one of my friend bursted out laughing in spite of herself, thereupon he suddenly stared at her for a long moment, we were too much frightened about his action. Luckily nothing happened, and he got off our bus. It was horrible experience but North-korea inhabitant greeted us waving their hands outside the window. They wore old clothes with monotone, it reminded me our 70's picture in South-Korea. They didn't have any color, buildings, stores and cars. They looked pale, and North-Korea has been dealing with chronic food shortages and relies heavily on foreign aid to feed their people. I was sorry to them that I could wear good clothes, eat good-taste food and didn't have to worry about meal. In Kum-kang mountain, I met lots of north-korean guide and they were really humorous, innocent and kind. They emphasized we are same ethnic group and aren't not the enemy. They wanted whole unification like us even though they wanted different styles of unification. I also strongly believe we have to unify whole nation and I don't want force unification but peace unification.

First of all, we need unification because of army. We spent lots of money to maintain peace and lots of man have to go army in two years. They don't want to go army because they don't want to spend their youth through army. Some celebrities are against the rule and we could watch them on the news. If we unify, we don't worry about their youth at all. That's why we need unification.

Secondly, we could exploit their natural source in North-Korea. They are able to use our technology and we could help North-Korea learn new technologies so that North-Korea doesn't have to worry about their meal at all. In North-Korea, I could see a site of superb scenic beauty. It could be fantastic sightseeing to people in the world.

In conclusion, we should unify as soon as possible because of army, mutual aid and dispersed families. Due to the Korean war, many people who lived on the north side, moved down to the south to avoid the battles and they planned to return their hometown after the war ended, but they only decided to cease fire. We are the same people, we should meet again. I hope They could see their family in the North-Korea as soon as possible.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 1 :  The unification of our country Empty Congratulations on your 1st journal.

Post  Jung namsook Tue May 27 2008, 17:27

Your essay reminds me of my mother quietly demanding of trip to Keumgan san. In two years my mother will be taking trip there around her birthday. I hope she would be traveling with me. I heard the mountain couldn't be compared with any others. It is said that its lovely and uncontaminated status would completely fascinate tourists. Except for a complicate route to reach there, the visit of Keumgang should be worthwhile enough. Although I'm a bit negative about the unification of our country for now, I believe both Koreas must be coming and going in the near future.

Take care,
Bye
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down