English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 3-things to do in their twenties

5 posters

Go down

Journal 3-things to do in their twenties Empty Journal 3-things to do in their twenties

Post  Inkab Thu May 22 2008, 08:53

It’s hard to believe how fast the time is just passing by. When looking back to my twenties, I sometimes regret my missing some chances that were allowed not only but usually for the people in their twenties. It’s true that age doesn’t matter if a person is really anxious for doing something eagerly, but lots of constraints should be overcome to put those desires in reality.

One thing I should have done as a single was go backpacking around Europe. The efforts to make new friends, search cost-saving accommodations due to a short budget sound adventurous for young university students. However, as a married woman in my thirties, a month travel with a huge backpack is too cumbersome and almost impossible to be carried out. Besides the family matter, I found myself seeking rather comforts than adventure, trying to find easy and luxurious ways to enjoy a trip. I hate to admit that but I am physically and mentally spoiled.

My husband and I have long years been together as friends before we got married. Marriage certainly gave me stability and happiness which can not be compared to any thing else, and I appreciate the affection and faith my husband has been showing to me. Nevertheless, to be honest, I am sometimes jealous of people crashing onto each other so hard, and love each other to death. This crazy love is like a fantasy as a married woman just leaving space for it to be so called ‘inappropriate relationship’. I don’t want to go back to my twenties to experience this, but think that it will be wonderful if a person in his/her twenties has passionate and movie-like love during their youths.

However, the most important thing to be done as twenties is making feasible dream and preparing themselves to accomplish the goal in a deliberate manner. Designing a specific dream that can be achieved within several years is essential, but it would be nicer if I would have drawn the picture of myself for after 10 to 20 years later. My problem seems that I usually set small steps to go just a little bit further, and easily get satisfied with the results. What if I continued my study or chose the major in college as my parents advised? Although I enjoy my current situation, attending college at this age, sometimes I think it would have been better, had I possessed visions for the far-away future.

People in their twenties are facing fears and confusion for their future, but at the same time numerous chances are ready for them as long as they try to find those. Certainly I would like to tell how much they are beautiful and real beauty comes from the spirit not being afraid of challenging new things and failing in what they tried.
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 3-things to do in their twenties Empty Re: Journal 3-things to do in their twenties

Post  Kanghoon Jang Thu May 22 2008, 19:17

Well, your writing makes me think about my life again. I totally agree with your opinions but the thing is that even if we achieve our goals, if there is no one, it would be nothing. Of course, you can celebrate my yourself for what you are done but if there is someone who can share your ideas together and say "congraturation", it would be perfect I think. Therefore, I just want to add one my idea that we should meet someone who can inspire your dream and make you always awake when you got used to life.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Journal 3-things to do in their twenties Empty I want to...

Post  Hyun a Ji Sat May 24 2008, 10:00

After read your journal, I really decide to do three of it. Specially I want to go Europe. However it's so sad I'm not gonna make decision to go Europe in a year. Even if you didn't go Europe in your twenties, I think you had lots of good experience more than going Europe in your twenties. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 3-things to do in their twenties Empty Re: Journal 3-things to do in their twenties

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Mon May 26 2008, 11:38

After being in my 30s, I also often think of things that I should have or haven't done in my 20s. The 3 things you referred... they are totally right. Maybe I should write my own 3 things that you should do in you 20s. Razz See you next week!
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Tue May 27 2008, 20:43

I became a member of thirties last year. I'm callous to getting old. When I see back how I walked and lived, I can see lots of regret and shame. Since when, I have forgot my age and decided that I will not never do same mistakes that I made. Thanks to getting old, I am learning more things!!!
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down