English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: Being alone vs together

+4
Inkab
Younghee choi
Seyoung Yoon
HyejinJeon
8 posters

Go down

OP1: Being alone vs together Empty OP1: Being alone vs together

Post  HyejinJeon Mon Mar 17 2008, 13:48

My deepest fear is being alone. Otherwise, greatest hoep is living with my family happily and healthily.

I am afraid to being alone. I think most people feels lonely when they are alone. So do I. When I am with my family and my friends, I am happy and think that I can depend on them. However, I am very sad and lonely whenever I am alone. Yesterday, I was alone all day in my room. Because I came to Daegu three years ago, I do not live with my family. Morever, a landlady didn't offer a meal, so I couldn't eat anything until I went to a market in the evening. I felt loney and sad. Therefore, I try to find someone with me and am afraid to be alone.

My greatest hope, however, is to live happily and healthily with my family. My hoep is not splendid, but simple. However, I think it is difficult to come true. Most people are busy due to their job or study, so it is hard for family to be all together. Therefore, they can not often talk with and misunderstand each other. How many families can they find themeselves happy?
Anyway, my family have been living apart because my brother and I entered a university. The older he and I am, the less opportunties my family have. I always miss the time to be with my family. For me, the most important thing is being with my family happily and healthily.

These are my fear and hope.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:48; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being alone vs together Empty Loneliness makes people mature..

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Mar 17 2008, 16:45

Someone said like that.(I don't know who he is. you know, it's kind of proverb..)
I totally agree with this saying.
Loneliness makes people more mature.
It would be pretty painful to being alone, but if when I can enjoy everything even the loneliness, I would have achieved something.. What do you think about it?
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being alone vs together Empty Cheer up!

Post  Younghee choi Mon Mar 17 2008, 19:40

You seem to be homesick.
Having that kind of feeling is natural at your age since you have been away from your parents for a few years.
This is, however, a good chance for you to be independent!
You'll get used to being alone and enjoy it some day.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being alone vs together Empty Re: OP1: Being alone vs together

Post  Inkab Tue Mar 18 2008, 21:14

Hello, Hyejin~

I... recommend you.... to make a boy friend!! Very Happy
you think it's too early?
Nevertheless, a perfect boy friend will do 10 times better than a normal friend.
lonelyness? never will come to you.
Trust me haha~
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being alone vs together Empty Well..

Post  HyejinJeon Wed Mar 19 2008, 20:28

Yeah..I think loneliness engourage people to be mature.
Actually, sometimes when I feel lonely, I am more thoughtful.
However, it is sad not to be anyone around me even if I have close friends.
The solitude in the crowd is very frightening to me. It means I can't trust my friends and depend on them. How a sad reality!
Anyway loneliness is good for being mature, but too much lonelines is so sad to everyone.

Oh, I miss my grand mom, mom, dad, and brother! I wish to meet them in my dream.
Thank you for your reply.
See you tomorrow~
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being alone vs together Empty HAHAHA

Post  Kanghoon Jang Wed Mar 19 2008, 21:05

I understand what you mean~!
that is why people try to get a boy friends or girl friend as coping mechanisms!
honestly, I never feel lonely because I never though about that feeling because I have been busy in..
don't offense to me. Smile if you have time to think of that, which means that you still enjoy in your life..
that is one of the good things that you have...

yah.. I finally know that there is no question about family...

I hope that you can find something as coping mechanisms in your life... Razz

Lovely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being alone vs together Empty Hyejin's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Mar 21 2008, 05:58

Hi Hyejin,

Thanks for putting in this effort with your online journal writing. It is quite a good effort. One thing I like about it is that it approaches the topic simply and without complication, giving us a good snapshot of your feelings about the topic (without having to read an entire book!). I also like your general organization, though I feel the third paragraph could have been formatted better (a line space between the second and third paragraphs when you start the "Anyway, my family...").

One strong feature of your writing is the good variety in the contrasts and transitions you use from one sentence or clause to another one.

Overall, well expressed thoughts.

Below you'll find some comments related to language development:

HyejinJeon wrote:My deepest fear is being alone. Question Otherwise, greatest hoep is living with my family happily and healthily.

Question I am afraid to being alone. I think most people feels lonely when they are alone. So do I. When I am with my family and my friends, I am happy and think that I can depend on them. However, I am very sad and lonely whenever I am alone. Yesterday, I was alone all day in my room. Because I came to Daegu three years ago, I do not live with my family. Morever, a landlady didn't offer a meal, so I couldn't eat anything until I went to a market in the evening. I felt loney and sad. Therefore, I try to find someone with me and am afraid to be alone.

My greatest hope, however, is to live happily and healthily with my family. My hoep is not splendid, but simple. However, I think it is difficult to come true. Most people are busy due to their job or study, so it is hard for family to be all together. Therefore, they can not often talk with and misunderstand each other. Question How many families can they find themeselves happy?
Anyway, my family have been living apart because my brother and I entered a university. The older he and I am, the less opportunties my family have. I always miss the time to be with my family. For me, the most important thing is being with my family happily and healthily.

These are my fear and hope.

Cool Otherwise, my greatest hope is having a happy and healthy life with my family.

Cool I am afraid of being alone

Cool How many families can find happiness for themselves?

I hope those pointers give you some help and things to think about.

I'm looking forward to your next writing effort!

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Fri Mar 21 2008, 19:35

It might not be grammatically correct to say that your essay is so "cute", but it really is! You must be the dearest daughter of your parents, and I'm so sorry you starved all day because of the uncaring landlady. I can sympathize with you, because I lived apart from my parents more than 10 years in Seoul. I was also really lonely and hated being alone. I met someone, got married and now there's always someone around you, but sometimes I really want to be alone and miss those days being alone. So, why don't you try to enjoy the loneliness from time to time... Razz
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jongwoo Sun Jun 01 2008, 08:27

We seem to tend to pursue what is not permitted to have now.
I used to want to be alone, but now when I feel lonely, I miss the time when I was bothered to be together.
One day, you may miss this time when you are lonely but have enough freedom cause of being alone
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum