English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[Journal 4] My First Lady

5 posters

Go down

[Journal 4] My First Lady Empty [Journal 4] My First Lady

Post  Jung namsook Thu May 29 2008, 20:02

There are many people in my life whom I admire. Therefore, choosing only one to write about proved to be a difficult decision. After getting married, my list of valuable people grew to include my husband and child, as well as my in-laws. Though the transition to married life and motherhood has brought many new and wonderful people into my life, the person I admire most was, in fact, always there. In other words, it is my mother. It is said that every mother is great and my mother is no exception. My mother has gone through tough days but always managed to have a smile on her face. As time goes by, I have come to really appreciate her devotion and her love.

Having a devoted mother is not common these days because mothers are busy doing their own work. My mother has also had her own job, which is to make Korean traditional dress, Han-bok. Even when she was always scheduled to meet the deadline for dresses around the big holidays, she was always committed to our family. Actually around New Years Day and Chu-sok, she had no time to eat and take a rest for herself. Sometimes she looked very exhausted but didnt look irritated at all. I was wondering how she could do so many things at the same time. Of course, I used to help her with both housework and assistance at her store. I would often think to myself that I could not have done as well if I had been in her place.

One of lifes many challenges is to constantly think of other people first at the same time as doing ones best. My mother is very gifted at balancing these two characteristics. Now, I am a mother too. However, I am not like the mother she is to me. When I had a baby a few years ago, I did not hesitate to ask her to baby-sit. At the time, I did not even feel guilty. I realize now that I should not have asked such a large favor of her. Thanks to her commitment, I could do anything that I wanted even after having a baby. In addition, when I was worried about transferring to college, she encouraged me to study, saying Its not late to study and you can do it!? I could not think of any words to thank her. She is still in favor of gaining knowledge.

Very often, I question whether I am a good mother or not. To be honest, Im not positive about it. However, I will try to make an effort to be like my mother and guide my daughter in the right direction. My mother has taught me so many lessons through her life. She did her best for her own work and supported our family, all the time with a smile. The reason my sisters and brother keep in touch and get along so well is because of the First Lady at home. I cannot imagine the days without her. I do love her much more than anything in the world. I could never thank her enough for the gifts shes given me.

Last edited by Jung namsook on Mon Jun 02 2008, 21:24; edited 1 time in total
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[Journal 4] My First Lady Empty Re: [Journal 4] My First Lady

Post  Youn Sujin Fri May 30 2008, 08:44

While reading your story, I immediately thought of my mother. Most of the time, what I had done to my mother was complaining, and mother always understood my situation and made me comfortable. But I didn't do the things that mother had done to me. I will try to be a better daughter from now on.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Sun Jun 01 2008, 11:41

Touching story!! When I saw the title of this essay, I thought who the lady was that you loved. Maybe you love a female?.........

That is your mother!! I also like your mother and am jealous that you have such a good mother. As you mentioned , I could see her smile on her face and lots of laughing. I watched on program on TV about women struggling making balance between work and chilren. The answer was that mothers can help those women having difficulties. In this sense, you are really fortunate!! Pay back her with your warm heart!!!
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

[Journal 4] My First Lady Empty I am really touched with your story!

Post  Jongwoo Mon Jun 02 2008, 21:04

Just at the first glance at your essay title, I got a little confused about what you were going to talk about. Well, soon I realized that it is about your respectable mother. In my opinion, women in today's world are asked to take up too many roles. Perhaps, they may not always be like Martha Steward, but it is undeniable that all mothers are great. Your essay reminded me of the greatness of mother. I really enjoyed your writing. Thank you.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Fri Jun 13 2008, 21:49

your essay is so heartwarming ~As I get old and spend more time with my mother, I always realize her endless love to me and my brother. Sometimes I doubt if I can recieve her endless care and love until now. Appreciating her love , sometimes I imagine my self how I was like to my children in the future and I decide I have to express my love to my mom also.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down