English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Personal Journal 5-going abroad

+2
Inkab
Kanghoon Jang
6 posters

Go down

Personal Journal 5-going abroad Empty Personal Journal 5-going abroad

Post  Kanghoon Jang Tue Jun 03 2008, 16:59

Many students would like to go abroad using internship programs, exchange students and travel. I did not notice why I should go abroad before going to Japan as exchange students. I thought that I can speak English even if I just study in Korea and I do not need to travel anywhere in world because I did not go everywhere in Korea. However, my thinking is completely changed after finishing exchange students. Therefore, I am going to explain why we need to go abroad.

First of all, if there is someone who wants to go abroad, perhaps he/her needs to improve English abilities. The reason why I would like to go Japan was that I also thought that I could improve both two languages; English and Japanese. However, when I stayed there after 3months with many foreigners, there was another thing that I had never expected. That is a different culture. I finally realized that when I use another language in that country, I learn their cultures unconsciously. I have never ever thought about that before going abroad. As the people who live in the changeable world, we should understand other people’s cultures even if that is totally different from ours.

Secondly, I have been keeping touch with my friends that I met in Japan since we were separated in 2007, which means that I have world wide net-works such as Canada, France, Germany, Japan and America. If I want to go any European countries, all I have to do is to call my friends living in that country. Plus, if I do not understand other languages such as English, German, French, I can easily ask my friends to know and explain to me. What a convenience way! Before going abroad, my thinking ways were really narrowed and I had never thought other people live in other continents except Asia. However, since that, my sights have been really wide and I have seen the world map instead of the old map which describes only Korea.

In conclusion, I think that we need to go abroad even if we can speak English to know how different we are and get the world-wide connections. Of course it is not easy to get what I mentioned before. There are many obstacles and you would be alone when you go there. However, as time goes by, you will learn something new that you have never expected. After that, I bet that you would be addicted to go abroad.
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Personal Journal 5-going abroad Empty Re: Personal Journal 5-going abroad

Post  Inkab Tue Jun 03 2008, 17:13

You're lucky to be granted those chances. Gosh, why I haven't tried to get that kind of fortune when I was in the unversity. Going abroad was definitely good luck but more important thing seems that you opened your mind and tried to get along with lots of different people from various cultures. It is also impressive that you've put efforts to keep the friendship ever since you came back to Korea. I think these qualities you have weigh more valuable than the experience itself. Smile
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kanghoon Jang Tue Jun 03 2008, 18:34

You are right. Keeping in touch with everybody I met is one of the difficult parts. However, using the MSN and sending the lovely letters are really effective. I am still missing all of my friends but I already realize that it is really hard to meet again and bring those memories again because we have to live our countries and concentrate on our things that we are supposed to do.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jung namsook Sun Jun 08 2008, 08:36

We must go abroad. It the only way to expose myself to natural English usage and the culture. For me, I'm lack of experience in other countries. I did study English hard in Korea and I'd never been out of here in Korea until I got married. It's true that we can aim at producing English ability instead of going abroad only if we work hard. My suggestion is that productive skills should be followed by going abroad. That's the way to fully take advantage of foreign language, as well as learn the values of other culture overseas. I'm hoping we're not wasing time and money due to the lack of language skills. Let's work out things that can be successful in Korea and fly away!
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Personal Journal 5-going abroad Empty I agree with you.

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Jun 09 2008, 16:22

I really agree with the first item in your essay. I think we should have enough language ability before we go abroad. Also, I think going abroad also make people precious memory. when I was twenty-one years old, I'd been in Canada. I think it was the most precious time in my life. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 20:47

If I get a chance, I want to go abroad.
A life in other country might be totally different and actually many students dream of it.
Someday I’ll achieve my dream to go abroad for studying and traveling too. Surprised
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Sat Jun 14 2008, 19:37

I guess your open-minded and friendly personality make you keep in touch with those friends from various countries. As I experienced, going abroad for English means to learn the culture related with English, how to listen real spoken English, and how to repond properly with wit. I made lots of mistakes that make my face reddish because I just wanted to speak English to practice instead of reacting with suitable response. Like you , I also recommend to go abroad to broad our views.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down