English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(OP7)what would you like to implement and achieve as a teacher of English in the Korean public school context?

Go down

(OP7)what would you like to implement and achieve as a teacher of English in the Korean public school context? Empty (OP7)what would you like to implement and achieve as a teacher of English in the Korean public school context?

Post  Ji hye Lim Fri Jun 06 2008, 16:34

Think about your own experiences as an English language learner. Based on this experience, what would you like to implement and achieve as a teacher of English in the Korean public school context?

Korean parents' education fever is the highest in the world. So many students go to many academies. Besides English is main subject in Korea. So many students go to English academy since very young. However every students can't go to academy. Someone who have rich parents can go academy or an extracurricular lesson. But someone who have poor parents can't do that. So in the class, there is a huge gap between students.

When I was high school students, I could feel this gap but our English teachers didn't consider that delicately. Even some teacher skip easy things saying like this " you guys already learned this at academy right? so let's skip this part "

These days, importance of English is emphasized more and more. So many students learn English at academy earlier than before and go more academies. Students level get wider.

This Korean public school context, teacher must consider students' different level. Especially teacher must concern low level students. For students who can't learn from other private academy, teacher must try. For them, school class time is only chance to learn English. So teacher must help them to build their English and to keep up other students through public English class.

People think that economic difference make academic difference. I think that public education should try to give every students equal chance. So teacher's role is very imortant.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down