English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 6

4 posters

Go down

Journal 6 Empty Journal 6

Post  Ju-mi,Im Sun Jun 08 2008, 19:05

Journal 6.

I had chances to teach English in high school during student-teaching. It was great time and I came to have confidence that I can do it too.

Because of the limitation of high school’s class, my class wasn’t different from existing classes: just reading, translating and explain grammars. However, I tried to do something new a little.

My classes were Guk, the second lowest level. When to review lessons, I showed simple video file about what students learned last class. Actually I made the video file by myself using the programs ‘Windows Movie Maker’.

Also I suggested small activity that students could summarize and understand whenever to finish one paragraph. For example when students learned the process of making it rain in paragraph 4, I gave them activity to make flow-chart. Reminding the process, students arranged the cards in order in pairs.

And I let students underline sentences in textbook answering the questions which I suggested on the screen.

Using flow chart and PPT aren’t special teaching ways. However students considered them special and showed enthusiastic reactions to PPT and some colorful materials because it was different from the class they had experienced since entering the high school. At the time, I thought that making teaching materials well is essential ability for teachers to have for better instruction and teachers should develop themselves and study what they teach continuously.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Journal 6 Empty Re: Journal 6

Post  Younghee choi Mon Jun 09 2008, 11:03

I also found that students showed their interests in looking at some tantalizing manipulation of PPT such as animation effects or pictures.

I think todays young generations are more visual-oriented and they get used to it due to the technological development of communication and the Internet.

Actually, it took a lot of time to develop materials and I suffered from lack of time to prepare them. However, I felt that from the regular teachers point of view, developing materials like we did is very demanding to them because they were very busy with other administrative work.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Journal 6 Empty RE teaching practicum.

Post  Cho Jun-woo Mon Jun 09 2008, 11:11

I took taching practicum, too. In my case, it's similar with you case. I feel it's so inconvenience. All classes are still same when I was in high school. I see various matirials like multimedia systems are developing but it's almost useless.
Cho Jun-woo
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Jun 09 2008, 15:33

Right. I agree with you. PPP is not useful tool to teaching anymore. I also tried to teach students using many kinds of method. One day, I tried to drawing activity. This activity was students express their thinkings to draw something. But it failed because many students was moving around to attatch their drawing to blackboard. It made lots of noise. It was also mu fault. I didn't think about distraction. Before new teaching method, you should think about lots of thing.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down