English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!!

+7
Boyun Park
Jung Yoojin
Kim Jin-Young
Bae Sung-han
Lee Pilsu
Jason Renshaw
sunnypine
11 posters

Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty Here's our new DAUM CAFE!!

Post  sunnypine Tue Apr 01 2008, 21:47

HEllo~

I made a daum cafe for us, English education department.
you can visit and join this cafe. this is for our friendship and information so far.
the name is "Once a teacher, always a teacher" Laughing

heres a link for the cafe
http://cafe.daum.net/alwaysateacher

see you in class!! I love you
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty Re: Here's our new DAUM CAFE!!

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 02 2008, 06:05

sunnypine wrote:HEllo~

you can visit and join this cafe. this is for our friendship and information so far.

Thanks for making this and I hope you students really enjoy 'playing' together there!

Unfortunately, Daum/Hanmail does not allow foreigners to open email accounts with them, and hence without a hanmail iD I cannot participate in that forum. Actually, I can't even look at any of the postings... Cyworld and Naver have similar policies - very anti-foreigner/hanguksaram-only. So much for globalization, eh?

In any case, it looks like all the interaction going on in there is in Korean. Even though I can understand a fair bit of Korean, I'm not sure it's the best way for you students to continue to develop your English skills... That's why we have this forum here entirely in English. I'm very proud of the very active, all-English efforts being posted here!

Perhaps the Daum cafe facility can be a fun alternative for you, and private just for the students. I just hope you post as much if not more in English on this forum as you do in Korean on the other one! Remember, a huge part of your grade is your online participation here (sorry - no extra points for what you do in the Daum cafe!).

Good luck with it,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty Haesol, thanks for creating this website.

Post  Lee Pilsu Wed Apr 02 2008, 06:41

Thanks for taking time out to create the website. I'm stoked. We can share information and communicate online. I think it will be very useful for the graduate students who are busy with work and study, and don't have much time to get together and talk each other. I wish M.A. students who will enter our department next year and henceforth join this website so that they can benefit from it. Thanks again for your effort to make the website.

Last edited by Lee Pilsu on Wed Apr 02 2008, 17:08; edited 1 time in total
Lee Pilsu
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 02 2008, 06:43

Lee Pilsu wrote:Thanks for taking time out to create the website. I'm stalked. We can share information and communicate online. I think it will be very useful for the graduate students who are busy with work and study, and don't have much time to get together and talk each other. I wish M.A. students who will enter our department next year and henceforth join this website so that they can benefit from it. Thanks again for your effort to make the website.

You're stalked? Shocked By whom?

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Bae Sung-han Wed Apr 02 2008, 11:23

Lee Pilsu wrote:Thanks for taking time out to create the website. I'm stalked. We can share information and communicate online. I think it will be very useful for the graduate students who are busy with work and study, and don't have much time to get together and talk each other. I wish M.A. students who will enter our department next year and henceforth join this website so that they can benefit from it. Thanks again for your effort to make the website.
I don't know how many studnets join the Daum cafe right now, but whoever read this writing, I just hope they click in and join it.
Anyway, although I left some message for Haesol, I'd like to say again, thanks million^^
Bae Sung-han
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty thanks for making it.

Post  Kim Jin-Young Wed Apr 02 2008, 12:12

As soon as I know its address, I stopped by there. About 6 days have passed since it was created. However, a quarter of students are registered.
There are various and useful sections, so it will be a great opportunity to get to know one other. Let's join!
Also, all the words are written in Korean. I think that it'd better use both English and Korean. By doning so, Prof. Jason can understand our writings.
But,,, I wonder if Jason is good at Korean. Cool

Anyway, I would like to thank the cute girl(actually Hea-Sol) for making it for us. bounce
Kim Jin-Young
Kim Jin-Young
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty My mistake.

Post  Lee Pilsu Wed Apr 02 2008, 17:13

Thank you for telling that. It's stoked, not stalked. 'Stalk' means harassing someone and 'being stoked' means being excited. The two words are pronounced the same, so I was confused. Thanks, now I got to know how to use them correctly.

Jason Renshaw wrote:

~ Jason

Lee Pilsu
Lee Pilsu
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 02 2008, 17:22

Lee Pilsu wrote:Thank you for telling that. It's stoked, not stalked. 'Stalk' means harassing someone and 'being stoked' means being excited. The two words are pronounced the same, so I was confused. Thanks, now I got to know how to use them correctly.

Jason Renshaw wrote:

~ Jason

Right, now I get you.

Actually, I thought you might have meant 'stoked', but I was pretty sure that is Australian dialect... Wow, you know Australian satori? Saying "I'm stoked" or "he's really stoked about that" is so common in my country.

I'm impressed!

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty ho~~

Post  Jung Yoojin Wed Apr 02 2008, 18:47

thanks for your working~~
i am going t o join there~~~~~~~~~~yayay~~~ Very Happy
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty Thank you for making a space for us to share!

Post  Boyun Park Thu Apr 03 2008, 12:44

I already joined the cafe but couldn't upload anything yet. I will try to post and write something soon! Very Happy I believe it'll be a great space for us share our thoughts since we all have similar interests(English & Teaching!). Also, I thought the idea you put on 'relay talk?' was it?^^ (about being nate on buddies and visiting homepages) was also great~ that way there's many ways to keep in touch!!! flower
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty Thank you for making our cafe....

Post  kim young-ah Fri Apr 04 2008, 20:53

It's a long time since you informed the address of daum cafe. As you know, I am always a busy AZUMMA, so I couldn't contact ... Very sorry. 열심히 할께...
Bilingual OK? Any way, so cute Hae-sol! thanks a lot....^^ Very Happy Basketball
kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty Thanks 4 your working!

Post  Kang Eunmi Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:17

Hello!! Sunny pine.
Thanks to you, we can communicate as often as we can.
Actually we need to know each other. don't we?
It's never enough to see classmates twice a week.
Thanks again.
Kang Eunmi
Kang Eunmi
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Here's our new DAUM CAFE!! Empty you know what?

Post  sunnypine Wed Apr 16 2008, 22:10

There are many people who didn't join this club yet. Sad WHy~~~ I know you guys are busy people. but once you join this club, you will like it so much!! Trust me. I'm actually busy too, but I chose to enter this gradschool program, so I do not actually feel pressured or too busy cuz of the school. I think everything just depends on my mind. I should know how to control my life and make it happy. That's our big project of our lives. Very Happy See you~
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 16 2008, 22:19

sunnypine wrote:There are many people who didn't join this club yet. Sad WHy~~~ I know you guys are busy people. but once you join this club, you will like it so much!! Trust me. I'm actually busy too, but I chose to enter this gradschool program, so I do not actually feel pressured or too busy cuz of the school. I think everything just depends on my mind. I should know how to control my life and make it happy. That's our big project of our lives. Very Happy See you~

Thanks again for your work with this Daum cafe, Haesol. I would encourage all students to get involved and support it, as everyone benefits and nobody loses!

Haesol, don't be too discouraged if not everybody joins. It's more important that you get active and enthusiastic people in there rather than people joining just for the sake of it. There are already a lot of compliments listed here from people who appreciate your proactive mind.

Your cafe is already a success, even just in principle. Well done and best of luck with it.

Take care,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  choi Eun sil Thu Apr 17 2008, 09:59

sunnypine wrote:HEllo~

I didn't know there is a Daumcafe for us.
Thanks for making up this site for us.
I will visit and join this club,. queen
choi Eun sil
choi Eun sil
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  inmyheart479 Sun May 04 2008, 21:12

Hi Cute lady~
I finally joined the club. Nice cafe to have a convesation online.
I think you did a good job for bringing students together in one place. ^^

sunnypine wrote:There are many people who didn't join this club yet. Sad WHy~~~ I know you guys are busy people. but once you join this club, you will like it so much!! Trust me. I'm actually busy too, but I chose to enter this gradschool program, so I do not actually feel pressured or too busy cuz of the school. I think everything just depends on my mind. I should know how to control my life and make it happy. That's our big project of our lives. Very Happy See you~
inmyheart479
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum