English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: The life is always.....

+7
Jason Renshaw
HyejinJeon
Jung namsook
Hwan Ki, Kim
Ji hye Lim
Younghee choi
Seyoung Yoon
11 posters

Go down

OP1: The life is always..... Empty OP1: The life is always.....

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Mar 17 2008, 16:28

Write about your deepest fear and your greatest hope

To live is my deepeast fear and my greatest hope at the same time. Is it so philosophical? But I really think like that. I don't know my future at this time, so I'm a little bit afraid of coming future. On the other hand, The unknown future would be the greatest hope for me. Because It means nothing is decided that I can achieve everything!

In everything, like a coin, there're two opposite points of view. I think the fear and the hope are the same. Fear was born because of our high expectation(hope), so that we are constantly anxious 'what if it wouldn't make it?' or so.

In this term, to be an adult in several years is my deepest fear. I feel that I am not prepared to be a person who takes the whole responsibility and makes one's own money to live. On the contrary, I am really waiting for begining my career and enjoying my life. It's my greatest hope.

Though they would be far away from the concrete fear and hope, these are what I've been thinking about for years.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:49; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: The life is always..... Empty I agree.

Post  Younghee choi Mon Mar 17 2008, 20:16

It seems fear of the unknown is common to everyone.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: The life is always..... Empty I agree

Post  Ji hye Lim Wed Mar 19 2008, 06:28

I'm also afraid of being adult. I'm still lean on my parents like a child.
I think that our generation is lack of self-help compare with parent's generation.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: The life is always..... Empty Re: The life is always.....

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Wed Mar 19 2008, 17:03

Future Philosopher Se-young!

I am impressed by your thoughtful idea that unknown future can be the
greatest hope of all.
Independent lifeliving like you and me gives considerable responsibilities on our life,
on the other hand, it can be a wonderful benefit preparing for our future.
Sentece above is assumed off the point a little. I wish you best luck.
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP1: The life is always..... Empty Re: OP1: The life is always.....

Post  Jung namsook Wed Mar 19 2008, 19:50

Hey SeYoung~

I totally see what you mean. I think you are too young to decide everything, aren't you? Your beautiful future is waiting for you if you confidently plan your life outlines step by step. As far as I know about you, you are the person who is readily to jump up for your goals. As I listened to your wonderful presentation at the previous Discussion class of Dr. Garrigues, I thought you would be a dedicated lady.
Bye,

Namsook.
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: The life is always..... Empty Future is always unpredicted.

Post  HyejinJeon Wed Mar 19 2008, 20:47

So, people are afraid which prolbems occur to them. Also, always we are worried about our future. So am I. I think it's better to being prepared and enjoy every minute.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: The life is always..... Empty Seyoung's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Mar 21 2008, 06:17

Hi Seyoung,

Thanks for posting your writing!

You express some very interesting thoughts in your writing, and you have a refreshing perspective. I think it could have been even more effective if you had organized your peice a little more and explained each idea (fear and hope) in a more focused way.

Below are some suggestions for language development:

Seyoung Yoon wrote:Write about your deepest fear and your greatest hope

To live is my deepeast fear and my greatest hope at the same time. Is it so philosophical? But I really think like that. Question I don't know my future at this time, so I'm a little bit afraid of coming future. On the other hand, The unknown future would be the greatest hope for me. Question Because It means nothing is decided that I can achieve everything!

In everything, like a coin, there're two opposite points of view. I think the fear and the hope are the same. Fear was born because of our high expectation(hope), so that we are constantly anxious 'what if it wouldn't make it?' or so.

Question In this term, to be an adult in several years is my deepest fear. I feel that I am not prepared to be a person who takes the whole responsibility and makes one's own money to live. On the contrary, I am really waiting for begining my career and enjoying my life. It's my greatest hope.

Though they would be far away from the concrete fear and hope, these are what I've been thinking about for years.

Cool I don't know my future at this time, so I'm a little bit afraid of it

Cool That's because it means that nothing is decided and I can achieve anything!

Cool Based on this, to be an adult for many years is my deepest fear

I hope those suggestions give you something to think about.

Take and I look forward to your future writing efforts,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Fri Mar 21 2008, 18:39

you seem to have very insightful perspective on life.
I was so impressed by the way you see life,
and also your essay reminds me that I have tremendous hope for my family and myself.
thank you Seyoung~
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Fri Mar 21 2008, 18:55

The future is somthing you are afraid of and at the same time somthing you are looking forward to. Just because you never know it will turn out to be a success or failure, we should do our job and just wait for it.

Being an adult is not an easy job. Perhaps you'll never feel that you've become one forever ; at least it really does for me. That also doesn't seem to make you justified for being irresponsible for yourself and naive....

Born a human is a piece of cake, but being an adult is pretty tough... Razz
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Jihye Park Sun Mar 23 2008, 08:21

Your article was imppresive! Especially the sentense:< I feel that i am not prepared to be a person who takes the whole responsibility and makes one's own money to live>. Even though I'm an adult already according to my age, I steel feel I'm a child and at this point I feel guilty whenever taking money from parents. What is worse that i'm a senior and I have to get a job as soon as possible. It makes me really pressured.
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Mon Mar 24 2008, 19:42

You are already an adult!!

Don't worry about your future so much. I understand what you are worrying about at your age.
I went through the same thing, and I am going through very similar thing, uncertain future, as well.

I guess the worry about what is going in the near future is always around us, regardless of the age.

Only if you have strong will, you can find yourself with your hope before you know it.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down