English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP7 : What would you like to implement and achieve as a teacher of Engilsh in the Korean public school context?

Go down

OP7 : What would you like to implement and achieve as a teacher of Engilsh in the Korean public school context? Empty OP7 : What would you like to implement and achieve as a teacher of Engilsh in the Korean public school context?

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 10:52

There is what I would like to implement and achieve as a teacher of English in the Korean public school context. I write down my thought based on this student-teaching practicum in high school.

Whenever I ask students how English class is in school, they usually answer “It’s not funny but boring.” Thus I would like to implement and achieve teaching skills and materials which can make students enjoy the class. As you know, almost Korea educational situation focuses on the exam to enter the university especially in high school. As I observed English class in high school, a teacher just translated the passage into Korean and explained grammars. When I taught students in high school, although I couldn’t avoid the situation, I decided to try small things by using simple activities or PPT. Students really liked it and became interested in the lesson.

A lot of classes in Korea are teacher-centered. Many students are lack of autonomy. When a teacher explains or says something, students write it down automatically. No one asks a question during the class time and they are ashamed of it. Thus teachers try to engage students in the class actively.

Else to realize what I said, there needs support in finance and educational policy. Comparing to other part of budget, of course it becomes better than the past, educational estimate occupy a little. It’s necessary to get that kind of help from government to implement and achieve what we want and need.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down