English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

+30
Yoobin Cha
Boyun Park
Mi Jin Jeong
Kim Hyunjin
sunnypine
jangdj
Kang Eunmi
Ji-eun
Lee yujin
Jung Yoojin
jihyun
eunjin39
Nam-suk
Lee Hye Jin
Han Kyoung Jae
Kim Jin-Young
Joo Un-jin
Kim Eun-jung
Jeong, Seong-yoon
bakbann
Kyeong-im
Ji Young, Kim
Liz
Bae Sung-han
kim young-ah
Oksun
Ryu Jeong A
kiera
Lee Pilsu
Jason Renshaw
34 posters

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Bae Sung-han Thu Apr 03 2008, 09:47

Kim Hyunjin wrote:

Spiderman attached to the airplane.
written by Ryu Jeong-a,Park Bong-kyung,Lee Pil-su,Bae Hae-sol,Kang Eun-mi,
Cho Eun-jin,Han Kyung-Jae,Kim Hyun-jin

Today is a bid day in the history of human beings on the planet earth. As you know, we have a bunch of animated characters such as Batman, Superman, Zzanngu and so on. We've imagined these characters are in the cartoon only. However, it's reported that quite a lot of them have been witnessed in real life.
Philip was a 12-year-old boy who hated school. he didn't like all the teachers, but Ms Judy, who treated him kind and tried to talk with him whenever he was in trouble. One day, he was scolded by his homeroom teacher, Mr. Watson because he brought a frog hidden in his lunch bow and slipped it into a girl's bag. She found the frog and screamed with surprise.

Because he made his class scared, the teacher asked him to bring something funny as a punishment. He was so worried about his special assignment.
Philip began to think how he could make something funny for the class. Finally, he got the answer. He made his mind to give frogs to each classmates. He ordered morn than 100 frogs on the internet. The frog company sent the frogs by airplane to him in a week. He waited and waited. But the frogs weren't sent to Philip because the spiderman found the frogs when he was in airplane. The spiderman was really starving.

The hungry spiderman spreaded his spider web to catch frogs. The frogs started to sing noisy songs to survive. However, it didn't work well because he was half deaf. When he look at sad and ugly frogs, he lost his appetite, so he decided to kidnap and sell. After kidnapping, the frogs spiderman found something strange from them. They smelled terrible. They started to fart all together. It was super strong fart he had never smelled before.
So the spiderman stoped taking the frogs and let them be sent to the school at which Philip waited. A few days later, Philip got the frogs which he ordered and took them to the school. To make the students feel funny, he gave the frogs to each students. They were happy to get the present.
However, who knew the next thing! Suddenly, all the frogs stated to fart again. The gas is too disgusted to bear. Some children who were so week fainted on their seats and other children began to cry. The frogs made the classroom messy. In the meanwhile, the spiderman wondered how the bad smell frogs were dealt with. It was very hard to go to the school because it positioned quite far from him. As soon as he arrived at the school and saw some of students crying and fainting. He thought that they needed his help. Frankly speaking, he wasn't a kind person but a guilty feeling made him help them. He came to the classroom, stoping breathing and captured all the frogs which gave pain to children. Some noticed the spiderman shouted with pleasure and helped other friends to wake. They regarded him as Philip's something funny, even his homeroom teacher. The spiderman also got happiness which he had forgotten very long time ago. Students and their teacher deeply appreciated his kindness and said hello to him. The spiderman smiled at them, crossed between very tall trees, attached to an airplane and disappeared with the airplane.

Actually, I made the story's title, but it was changed into spiderman attached to the airplane. While reading the story, it's a bit like a children's story. Funny though. Nowadays, I have been looking for children's book for my daughter who is now 11 months. You might say she is too young to understand the story. I know that, however, she could be hard time during the reading with me. What I mean to is that I want to show her pictures with some different letters which are totally different from ours. She is so keen on seeing pictures. Whenever I hold her, she keeps pointing at some books arranged in the book shelves and wants me to read or see them with her. She is so lovely and makes me and my wife happy.
The spiderman story is amazing and fantastic. Many thanks to you all who wrote the story on my paper.
I'll see you tonight.~
Bae Sung-han
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty A Powerless Spiderman?

Post  Yoobin Cha Thu Apr 03 2008, 09:52

Kim Hyunjin wrote:

Spiderman attached to the airplane.
written by Ryu Jeong-a,Park Bong-kyung,Lee Pil-su,Bae Hae-sol,Kang Eun-mi,
Cho Eun-jin,Han Kyung-Jae,Kim Hyun-jin

Today is a bid day in the history of human beings on the planet earth. As you know, we have a bunch of animated characters such as Batman, Superman, Zzanngu and so on. We've imagined these characters are in the cartoon only. However, it's reported that quite a lot of them have been witnessed in real life.
Philip was a 12-year-old boy who hated school. he didn't like all the teachers, but Ms Judy, who treated him kind and tried to talk with him whenever he was in trouble. One day, he was scolded by his homeroom teacher, Mr. Watson because he brought a frog hidden in his lunch bow and slipped it into a girl's bag. She found the frog and screamed with surprise.

Because he made his class scared, the teacher asked him to bring something funny as a punishment. He was so worried about his special assignment.
Philip began to think how he could make something funny for the class. Finally, he got the answer. He made his mind to give frogs to each classmates. He ordered morn than 100 frogs on the internet. The frog company sent the frogs by airplane to him in a week. He waited and waited. But the frogs weren't sent to Philip because the spiderman found the frogs when he was in airplane. The spiderman was really starving.

The hungry spiderman spreaded his spider web to catch frogs. The frogs started to sing noisy songs to survive. However, it didn't work well because he was half deaf. When he look at sad and ugly frogs, he lost his appetite, so he decided to kidnap and sell. After kidnapping, the frogs spiderman found something strange from them. They smelled terrible. They started to fart all together. It was super strong fart he had never smelled before.
So the spiderman stoped taking the frogs and let them be sent to the school at which Philip waited. A few days later, Philip got the frogs which he ordered and took them to the school. To make the students feel funny, he gave the frogs to each students. They were happy to get the present.
However, who knew the next thing! Suddenly, all the frogs stated to fart again. The gas is too disgusted to bear. Some children who were so week fainted on their seats and other children began to cry. The frogs made the classroom messy. In the meanwhile, the spiderman wondered how the bad smell frogs were dealt with. It was very hard to go to the school because it positioned quite far from him. As soon as he arrived at the school and saw some of students crying and fainting. He thought that they needed his help. Frankly speaking, he wasn't a kind person but a guilty feeling made him help them. He came to the classroom, stoping breathing and captured all the frogs which gave pain to children. Some noticed the spiderman shouted with pleasure and helped other friends to wake. They regarded him as Philip's something funny, even his homeroom teacher. The spiderman also got happiness which he had forgotten very long time ago. Students and their teacher deeply appreciated his kindness and said hello to him. The spiderman smiled at them, crossed between very tall trees, attached to an airplane and disappeared with the airplane.

Most people regarded a Spiderman as a powerful, perserving guy against villians.
This story was totally different. He ridiculously thought about how to catch a frog!
It was fun.

When I was a little, I loved to watch videos like Hureshiman, Bioman, and Ultraman which heros saved the world. I want to be like them. I bought same hero's clothes and plastic swords and masks from Malls. My cousin and I always confrontated with these magic tools. If I losed, I cried and hit him so my cousin and I cried until my mom came to punish us.

These days, I don't like movies kind of action which heros never hurt in spite of fighting with more than 20 villians. I guess that Spiderman will never hurt and die.
(Although he gets hurt, he recovers as soon as possible to fight to win )
It makes me boring....
Yoobin Cha
Yoobin Cha
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty Re: Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity)

Post  Lee Hye Jin Thu Apr 03 2008, 10:23

kiera wrote:How to Get Along with a Stranger

by Ji-Hyun Park, Hye-Jin Lee, Ok-Sun Jeung, Sung-han Bae, Kyeong-Jin Lee, Yu-Jin Lee, Yoo-Jin Jung and Sun-Young Kim.

It's really difficult to get along with strangers. The first thing you should do is to memorize some jokes to break the ice between you and a stranger. Once you have some small talk and break the ice with him/her, you'll feel less stressful about getting along with strangers. The second one you should do is to be open-minded. Since we're all human being, we all have something common.

First of all, Start talking with some questions like "What a nice weather!" , "What do you usually do on weekends?"" or "I've been to Japan. Have you ever been to any foreign countries?". This could be one of the safest way to start conversation. Then you can find that the strangers who you are talking with and yourself are getting to feel more comfortable.

However, there is a subtle difference between man and woman in choosing the conversation topics. Here are some additional tips for starting conversation, especially for man. For example, woman and man have different point of views. If man wants to get along with a woman, just start with her favorite things, which man must get information at the beginning of conversation. Relatively, woman are interested in the emotional and detail subjects such as cooking or happiest time, something like that.

Secondly, you should be more open-minded when you first start a conversation with a stranger. Here is an interesting episode. One day, a woman has a chance to get along with a stranger, a beautiful woman. In order to break the ice, she says something emotional. Unfortunately, the beautiful woman doesn't seem to understand what she says and doesn't feel interested at all. She gets embarrassed. Actually, the beautiful girl was man in the past and even worse, she is not able to hear because of illness.

She is really angry with this beautiful girl, because she doesn't know about the girl's secrets. She is so upset, so she hits the girl. The girl calls the police, but it takes a long time for the police to arrive.

So these two people inevitably tries breaking the ice, now in a different way. She finds that the beautiful girl is unable to hear so she apologizes to the girl for hitting her. The girl accepts her apology and introduces herself again through writing. Now, she realizes that the girl is a transgender and she is a good person, and they become friends.

As you can see, breaking the ice is the most important thing when you met a stranger. In order to interact with a stranger better, you should choose normal and safe topics. You can prepare a common jokes or a small talk about weather. In addition, you should be more open-minded since there are various kinds of people in different situations. That is, breaking the ice should be based on understanding with each other. I hope these tips should be helpful for you.

- The End -

It was a really fuuny story. At first, it started like an esaay. However, it turns out to be a novel. Finally it went back to the essay again. That was very quite unique and funny.

All of us have to meet strangers and break the ice. I think it's real good tips to Start a conversation with weather things or his/her favorite things. And it's more important to be open-minded towards strangers.

Yes. Of course it was helpful. Have a good day~
Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Hye Jin Thu Apr 03 2008, 10:54

sunnypine wrote:

Yoojin Jung, Sunyoung Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, JeongA Ryu, Bongkung Park, Pilsu Lee, and Haesol Bae

It was a great day. The sun was shining brightly. However, the sky became gray and it started pouring heavily. On the way to my aunt’s house, I was caught in a shower.

Geez… I hate rain. I decided to go back. When I got home, it became sunny. What a strange day!

Oh my goodness! I forgot to bring my key and my cell-phone has no battery. Things are getting worse and I’m getting angrier. I didn’t know where to go, so I decided to keep walking until it gets dark.

While walking through the deep forest, I found a small cabin that was smashed. The door was open and, in the living room, there was a dark brown liquid on the floor. It was so messy that I thought I had to take off my shoes. The liquid was so sticky when I was wandering around in the cabin. Finally, there I found a squeaky door.

I opened the door. There was a lot more of that dark liquid on the floor. I felt the urge to touch it and figure out what the substance was. Carefully, I tipped the floor with my finger. Oh! The color was so beautiful that I put more of the liquid on my nails. It goes really well with my fingers. It was a natural nail polish. While I was in a rapture satisfied with the color, I heard a “bang!” from behind my back. My heart pounded so loudly, but I couldn’t turn around. I had to…

…look at who hit me from behind, but I instead fainted. When I finally woke up I found myself lying in my bedroom. My parents were looking at me with worrying eyes. I was told that I had been asleep for three days. Was it just a nightmare that I went to a strange house and touched the brown liquid and was hit by someone? I thought I just had a bad dream, but I realized it was real because my clothes were covered with that brown liquid. What happened? Who was it?

I was so curious that I had to ask to my mom. When I asked those questions, my mom looked so worried about me. She said I got hit by a car in the corner of the street. Fortunately, it was not a big accident so I didn’t get hurt so much. But the thing is I didn’t get hurt from the car but I got hurt on my fingers by broken glass pieces when I was lying down on the street because of the accident. I was bleeding from my fingers now it became a brownish color after it dried on my fingers. And I thought that was the sticky brown liquid from the dream. It was still really strange day…

Wow! I was so surprised at your imagination. I thought it was all about the nightmare like any other boring stories. It was quite interesting and plausible matching the reality and dream. It had a naturel aha moment when I found that the brown nails are from the accident.

That really happens. Sometimes the reality is reflected to dream. It was quite plausible. And I really enjoyed it!
Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  kurt Thu Apr 03 2008, 11:32

Yoobin Cha wrote:Pink Lady Go

Once upon a time, there lived a woman in a rural area. She was very energetic. She still had a job. She delivered milk bottles in the neighborhood. She was very diligent. She woke up at 5 in the morning and started her work at 5:30. She had been doing the work for her life. She knew all the people and they admired her work. (Lee Pil Su)

However, She had a big problem. Even though she was delivering milk bottles in the town. She couldn't drink milk at all when she smelled milk, she became a pink colored lady.!! That was really shocking but she didn't know how to fix that problem . Once she turned into pink colored lady. She had to wait for 3days to become a normal colored lady. She really wanted to solve this problem.

(Bae Hae Sol)

One day, the pink lady visited the wisest person in her town. She told everything about her secret to hin and wanted to get some advice. However, the wisest man couldn't solve her problem. They started to worry together.

(Kang Eun Mi)

After meeting the wisest man, she felt sadder than before. She even thought of comitting suicide. However, she loved her life she had been leading so far, so she started to cry. While she's crying, full of water in her eyes, she found out U.F.O, in the sky. The flying thing become bigger and bigger, and suddenly landed on her house front yard. She got shocked and fainted.

(Cho Eun Jin)

A few hours later, she got calm down and decide to go to other planet with the aliens. Because she didn't want to show herself in pink any other people, especially her lover, she just left a goodbye note to him, then she got on the U.F.O.

There were many ugly aliens in the U.F.O. Also, nobody was surprised to see her pink face. Then she felt peaceful and free of any other people's eyes.

(Han Kyung Jae)

On her way to journey, she had opportunity to visit a planet. There are so many people like her. They also turn pink colored when they smell milk, so that they had a special to make milk edible. She could taste milk at first.

(Kim Hyung Jin)

It was sour. It was not comfortable place which made her homesick. All foods colors were pink, clothes were pink, Sky was pink .Cars and Taxis, even streets were coverd with pink paint. This world could not permit other colors. She can not
stay in here any more. "Pink"things made her sick and tired. She heartily wanted to go back her own hometown but she could not. She became crazy..She had been waiting
helpers. (Cha Yoo Bin)

This is sad-ending story. when I read a book, I always expect something good to happen in the end. I wish a life-saver will come to her and take her to her planet toward the end of the story.
kurt
kurt
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty Sorry for giving you a tough title^^;;

Post  jihyun Thu Apr 03 2008, 12:36

by Ji-Hyun Park, Hye-Jin Lee, Ok-Sun Jeung, Sung-han Bae, Kyeong-Jin Lee, Yu-Jin Lee, Yoo-Jin Jung and Sun-Young Kim.

It's really difficult to get along with strangers. The first thing you should do is to memorize some jokes to break the ice between you and a stranger. Once you have some small talk and break the ice with him/her, you'll feel less stressful about getting along with strangers. The second one you should do is to be open-minded. Since we're all human being, we all have something common.

First of all, Start talking with some questions like "What a nice weather!" , "What do you usually do on weekends?"" or "I've been to Japan. Have you ever been to any foreign countries?". This could be one of the safest way to start conversation. Then you can find that the strangers who you are talking with and yourself are getting to feel more comfortable.

However, there is a subtle difference between man and woman in choosing the conversation topics. Here are some additional tips for starting conversation, especially for man. For example, woman and man have different point of views. If man wants to get along with a woman, just start with her favorite things, which man must get information at the beginning of conversation. Relatively, woman are interested in the emotional and detail subjects such as cooking or happiest time, something like that.

Secondly, you should be more open-minded when you first start a conversation with a stranger. Here is an interesting episode. One day, a woman has a chance to get along with a stranger, a beautiful woman. In order to break the ice, she says something emotional. Unfortunately, the beautiful woman doesn't seem to understand what she says and doesn't feel interested at all. She gets embarrassed. Actually, the beautiful girl was man in the past and even worse, she is not able to hear because of illness.

She is really angry with this beautiful girl, because she doesn't know about the girl's secrets. She is so upset, so she hits the girl. The girl calls the police, but it takes a long time for the police to arrive.

So these two people inevitably tries breaking the ice, now in a different way. She finds that the beautiful girl is unable to hear so she apologizes to the girl for hitting her. The girl accepts her apology and introduces herself again through writing. Now, she realizes that the girl is a transgender and she is a good person, and they become friends.

As you can see, breaking the ice is the most important thing when you met a stranger. In order to interact with a stranger better, you should choose normal and safe topics. You can prepare a common jokes or a small talk about weather. In addition, you should be more open-minded since there are various kinds of people in different situations. That is, breaking the ice should be based on understanding with each other. I hope these tips should be helpful for you.

- The End -

At first, I would say I owe you an apology since everybody said to me that this topic was so difficult.
I should have thought someting creative and interesting, sorry about that. Actually, this is my matter of concern these days, though.

As you remember, we had a meeting a few weeks ago, and almost everybody was a stranger to the other people. At that moment, I was thinking how to get along with unknown people well, and chat well. To attract stranger to pay attention to me is very tough as you know.

Anyway......
I think you were doing really well even though it was tedious discourse. Yes! Breaking the ice is really important. As you said, once you start to talk each other, there comes so many things to talk continuously. And your example was quite shocking and interesting. If you don't mind I would like to tell you about own experiences about how important it is to break the ice.

When I had the trip for the first time in my life, my destination was USA. Actually, since it was my first trip, I was a little bit nervous but excited. I traveled with my university schoolfellows. But unfortunately I had to sit down alone. Because there were odd number people in our group. How poor I am, Why me? I thought, during that long trip, more than 13 hours, I had to keep silence.

But you know what happend? I decided to get some advantage from this situation. There were two foreigners beside me. I made up my mind to start to talk to them. "Breaking the ice" Luckily there were so nice people. They were canadian. During that trip, I had fun chat with them, of course with my poor English. And at the end of conversation, they invited me to their house. Wow~ That's real something, isn't it?

For real, I went to their house, in Canada, after my long journey in USA, and I lived there for 4 or 5 months as their Korean daughter. You see, how important it is to break the ice and start to talk with foreigner.
In the end, all of my friends envied me!! I turned out the most lucky person among them!! Laughing
jihyun
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty Spiderman Returns

Post  Park, Saang-yung Thu Apr 03 2008, 12:59

Spiderman Returns

Titled by Lee Pil-su,

Written by Bae Haesol, Kang Eunmi, Cho Eunjin, Han Kyung-Jae, Kim Hyun-jin,

Ended by Park, Saang-yung.

In New York, suddenly Spiderman was disappeared. Everyone in the city was looking for him. However, nobody could find him. There were so many gossips about Spiderman. Also, many evil people were starting doing bad stuff to the people. Everyone was scared. The whole city became terrible. Where is our hero? What has happened to Spiderman?

Here's a real life of our hero, Spiderman. Actually, he couldn't make any time to help the city, because our hero, Spiderman was really busy dating with his girl friend. His girl friend fell in love with Spiderman, so she always wanted to be with him all day long. She never let him go out to help the city. Spiderman was also crazy about her. Finally they got married and had a baby. Oh, my! Our hero, Spiderman is busy changing the baby's diapers. He forgot about the city's problem.

One day, Spiderman found that his baby's diapers ran out, so he had to go a supermarket. Because he felt troublesome to drive a car, he decided to use his web. While he was flying through buildings, he saw many peoples worried faces. The city seemed very dark. When he almost got to the supermarket, he confronted robbers in black masks.

So Spiderman decided to beat the robbers in black. But unfortunately, he couldn't use his supernatural power anymore. His power was used out owing to flying through buildings. He is not Spiderman anymore. He couldn't get any power to beat enemies. The Spiderman, our hero in the past was beaten black and blue. He felt so miserable. He came back home and told the story which happened to him to his wife. Then his wife kept silent for a while with anxious face, in the end she told him that she wanted to break up with him.

While he lived away from his lovely wife and the baby, he had a really hard time. He still wanted to help other people and also he wanted to take care of his family. So, he decided to visit another super-power-hero, Incredible Man for help. He gave a piece of advice to Spiderman. Spiderman was still afraid of meeting his wife, but he decided to see her and talk to her.

He said, "I am sorry, darling. I want to make you satisfied but as you know. My super power was gone. I actually don't know when it comes back. My love is only you. Please, give me another chance to revive my power. If you are with me, my power will be renewed!"

Just at that moment, Superman who was a rival to the poor Spiderman came out of the wife's bedroom, wearing his pajamas. Sadly, Superman was her secret lover. Spiderman severely fought with Superman. Our poor Spiderman nearly went mad with anger. He exploded with rage. And then his super power has risen up rapidly. At the same time, strangely Superman's power became weaker and weaker. Spiderman beat and drove away Superman after all. He left his wife with great disappointment. Because the news that he defeated Superman was spread out, now people call him "Super-Spiderman." But you might probably see his tears running down his cheeks after completing his heroic roles. It is because he returned his power and lost his love.

(The End) Very Happy Very Happy Thanks for Reading!
Park, Saang-yung
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty Great tip about getting along with a stranger!

Post  Boyun Park Thu Apr 03 2008, 13:08

- The End -

Since graduating from schools and going into society, getting along with others seem more harder. I thought about it and maybe it's cause we are surrounded by various background people with diverse interests whereas in schools, we were all students studying and had more similar interests. I also believe starting a talk with normal and safe topics with someone is a good way to break the ice. Then after some time and talk, people can move on to interests and keep in touch and hopefully become friends. Or maybe like Mr. Bae comments, when one gets married and has a child, it'll be easier to talk with someone in same situation. Starting a conversation with a question like, "What does your baby....?" Very Happy jocolor
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty LOL! It was a funny story~ enjoyed reading it!!

Post  Boyun Park Thu Apr 03 2008, 13:23

Jung Yoojin wrote:"A Blind Date, how about it?"

titled by BoYun Park

[with JiHyun Park, HyeJin Lee, Oksun Jeong, SungHan Bae, YuJin Lee, YooJin Jung]

A beautiful and sunny Sunday in spring, there is a female sitting alone at home. Not washing her face and undressed, she just watch TV blanky. It's me who deadly want to have a great boyfriend. Having boyfriend, why don't I have a blind date?

Suddenly I got a call from my best friend J who is good looking and has a very good shape. She told me she wanted to set me up with a rich guy. (Acting J has just broken up with her boyfriend after seeing each other for 2 years. She said she doesn't want to meet any man for a moment.) She asked me to come to R cafe at 6 this Thursday. She suggested me to meet a guy there.

What a fantastic news, isn't it? There was no need to hesitate! The time has come. Today is Monday, I have three days left. How lucky woman I am ! Thanks to J, I could have a blind date! hmm... What should I do first? get a massage on my face? or get a hairdo? get a new clothes? Oh~~I can't wait to see the guy!!

Three days after,
Oh... last night, I have been watching TV a lot, because I can't sleep for worrying the first fantastic impression. Anyway, I went to beauty saloon and I asked hairdresser to make my hairdo as much beautiful as he can. As I couldn't have much sleep last night, I was drowsing and my head started to fall a bit. Few minutes later when I woke up..... oh my GOD! What the XXXX going on my hair????? He cut my hair half long unevenly because of my drowsy knocking!

Oh my godness! Only 30 minutes left. What should I do? As soon as I went out of the beauty saloon, I tried to find store. I nearly could buy one hat which could cover my hair. I just run to the R cafe without thinking. Just not to be late..... When I arrived....

There was a guy sitting in the middle of the restaurant. He was wearing a gloamorous hat. I walked toward him with frustration. When he looked at me, he loved my hairstyle. I wondered why he said like that. hmm... I was curious why he was also wearing hat though. By the time he took off his hat, I saw that. I saw...He was bald!!
That's why he loves my clumsy hairstyle. He likes every person who aren't bald.

That was the last time I ever had a blind date. I never have had a boyfriend since then. It was a horrible time to me and the best experience to me. By virtue of my friend J, I could become two children mother. Yes, even though he was bald, he was rich and humorous. I think I had right choice, don't you think so? Haha, anyway, I am happy now. And I realize that appearance is nothing especially for your spouse. I met my soul mate who is my husband. And I am happy with my family now.

I couldn't help reading it since I was looking forward to see what people thought of blind dates! I came up with this title since not too many of my age friends haven't done blind dates yet, but I've seen some of my seniors go on it. Some of them worked out wonderful and some didn't. It turned out to be a funny and interesting story and enjoyed reading it Very Happy . I can feel the craziness and urgency of her situation all the way from here!!! hahaha lol! It's a happy ending and good to hear that she's happy with her life now. I also agree that appearance isn't the first thing in loving or choosing one's spouse. It's mostly and mainly about the love and faith between the couple. I love you
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty To Mi jin

Post  Park, Saang-yung Thu Apr 03 2008, 13:26

I was a member of this strange story... You made a really funny story as I wished... Thank you ^^

Mi Jin Jeong wrote:by Eunmi Kang, Eunjin Cho, Han Kyung Jae, Hyunjin Kim , Yoonbin Cha, Sangyung Park, Deukju Jang

Usually people think kangaroos are kangaroos. they think kangaroos are related to Austraila. Yes, it is. However, there is one thing that people should keep in mind; what they see is not everything. In this world, there are bunches of things that many people never imagined or expected. Would you believe if there is a bus which has kangaroos in desert?
Here is something you've never heard or seen before.

In the desert, there is a special bus which has many kangaroos in it. The bus always carries kangaroos and many other things which can stand for the desert. For example, sands, camels and the special plants thst stand for it. But there really exists...

If you still think that it is unbelievable, search the website, abuskangaroo.com, and you can find many photos of those.

Kangaroos are smart! They act like human beings. One day, boss kangaroo met a beautiful gril in a forest. She was driving her van . The boss kangaroo thought that it was cooool. He wanted to be look cool.

He said to her, "Hey, would you pick me up in your van? I am a handsome guy as you see. May I mave into your van? This bus has too many kangaroos, so it's too crowded and stuffy. Please show me your generiosity!" Then, the woman glimpsed of him.

"Sure, jump in."
In the middle of desert in the middle of day, their relationship has started accidentally.
"Where are you going? Going to family reunion on you got a conference in the west."
"Well, maybe if I make it, I can go to the family reunion.", she repied.
At that time, one big bag in the back seat catched his eyes. Too huge to carry...
"What's that?" Ha asked.
"It's C4."
"What?"
"Composition 4, Plastic bomb, I am going to rob the bank."
Park, Saang-yung
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty Great story! interesting....!

Post  Park, Saang-yung Thu Apr 03 2008, 13:40

I like the title and the imaginative idea^^ I recommend you publish this story in the book after well cared editing**

Yoobin Cha wrote:Pink Lady Go

Once upon a time, there lived a woman in a rural area. She was very energetic. She still had a job. She delivered milk bottles in the neighborhood. She was very diligent. She woke up at 5 in the morning and started her work at 5:30. She had been doing the work for her life. She knew all the people and they admired her work. (Lee Pil Su)

However, She had a big problem. Even though she was delivering milk bottles in the town. She couldn't drink milk at all when she smelled milk, she became a pink colored lady.!! That was really shocking but she didn't know how to fix that problem . Once she turned into pink colored lady. She had to wait for 3days to become a normal colored lady. She really wanted to solve this problem.

(Bae Hae Sol)

One day, the pink lady visited the wisest person in her town. She told everything about her secret to hin and wanted to get some advice. However, the wisest man couldn't solve her problem. They started to worry together.

(Kang Eun Mi)

After meeting the wisest man, she felt sadder than before. She even thought of comitting suicide. However, she loved her life she had been leading so far, so she started to cry. While she's crying, full of water in her eyes, she found out U.F.O, in the sky. The flying thing become bigger and bigger, and suddenly landed on her house front yard. She got shocked and fainted.

(Cho Eun Jin)

A few hours later, she got calm down and decide to go to other planet with the aliens. Because she didn't want to show herself in pink any other people, especially her lover, she just left a goodbye note to him, then she got on the U.F.O.

There were many ugly aliens in the U.F.O. Also, nobody was surprised to see her pink face. Then she felt peaceful and free of any other people's eyes.

(Han Kyung Jae)

On her way to journey, she had opportunity to visit a planet. There are so many people like her. They also turn pink colored when they smell milk, so that they had a special to make milk edible. She could taste milk at first.

(Kim Hyung Jin)

It was sour. It was not comfortable place which made her homesick. All foods colors were pink, clothes were pink, Sky was pink .Cars and Taxis, even streets were coverd with pink paint. This world could not permit other colors. She can not
stay in here any more. "Pink"things made her sick and tired. She heartily wanted to go back her own hometown but she could not. She became crazy..She had been waiting
helpers. (Cha Yoo Bin)
Park, Saang-yung
Park, Saang-yung
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty Good story!!!^^

Post  kim young-ah Thu Apr 03 2008, 21:37

Thank you for your story. It's very funny and instructive.
Even a small livingthing, I can see and watch it again.
And my first son loves ants....like any other children.....^^

Kyeong-im wrote:by Kim Jin-yong, Boyun Park, Jihyun, Park, Hyejin Lee, Jeong Ok-sun, Bae Sung-han, Lee Kyeong-im

She broke up with a lovely boyfriend and then cried all day long. She didn't want to meet anyone, ever her best friends. After a few days, she felt very long. Tatally forgetting what happened to her, she tried to find something interesting in only restricted room. She found many creatures, millions of ants, in her house. At first time, they were disgusting, so she killed all of them. However, she started to feel happy by doing so.

She was quite surprised by herself. She was starting to feel happy and better after torturing the insects. She went to bed feeling much better. However, the next day, she woke up and found herself face to face with a giant ant. She pinched herself thinking she was still dreaming, but hey~. it was real. The giant ant was staring right back at her.

He, the giant ant, asked her, "Do you want to be killed or to live as our servant?" She didn't want to die nor to be a servant. However, there was no choice. So she said, "OK! I will do whatever you say" Then, the ant took her into their kingdom. Actually, he was the king of there, and the ants that she killed were his babies. He gave her a little shovel and asked her to dig a hole as many as she can.

"Dig, dig, and dig! You're the one who killed my lovely babies." "OK. I'll do everything you want." Even though she said like that she was looking for some ways to get out of this kingdom. After working 3 hours without a break, she was allowed to have lunch for 30 minutes. 'I should do something to go back to my normal life. How stupid and cruel I was...' Yet, there was nothing but crying. "What can I do?"

She kept weeping and weeping. Suddenly a fairy appeared near her eyes. The fairy said to her, "Can you promise not to kill any insects or small beings any more?" She stopped weeping and said, "Of course I do. I'll never ever kill any living things from now on. I promise!" Then the fairy turned into the giant ant. The giant ant blowed the whistle and so many-about one million-ants were lining up in front of her.

She was surprised at those millions of ants. However, she came to realize they were acting differently to her. They were gathering in front of her and seemed to follow the direction of their own king. She wasn't sure they would let her go home, but something was coming up in mind to follow. For a couple of hours walking to home,...

That was the last scene in her dream. Everything was not real. She dreamed in her dream. How strange! She tried to read a dream and finally found that victims(the giant ant's babies) represented her boyfriend. Unconsciously, she blamed him for the breakup. Through this dream she learned something. ; We are one. Although everything seems to be separated they have effect on one another. To hate someone or injure someone's feelings is to destroy ourselves. One man is no man. Now, she prays that he(her boyfriend) might be happy with a smile on her face.
kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Hye Jin Fri Apr 04 2008, 10:51

Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

The superman became a woman. Now, superman doesn't exist any longer.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.

Thanks to the writers I could start my boring and dull afternoon with a big smile and laugh. Your imagination is killing me. ^^
I like the part that Superman appeared in Daegu and can talk only in English. I also like the part making UCC to find the Superman. It's quite plausible.
Plus, trans-gender to be a woman. A BIG HAHA...

Thank you again for making my afternoon so fresh and giving me some hope.
Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Lee Hye Jin Fri Apr 04 2008, 12:58

What a romantic story it is!
I wish I had a boyfriend like that. The one who always think I am the best woman in the world.

Cherry Blossoms are all around but I have no one to go with to see them. How sad... ㅠㅠ

Have a nice weekend~

Joo Un-jin wrote:What I Like...

(titled by Kim Hyun-jin, written by Cha Yoo-bin, Kim Eun-jung, Kim Ji-young, Joo Un-jin, Park Sang-yung, Jang Deuk-ju, Jeong Mi-jin)

I had secrets. It is not earth-shattering like American bombing into Japan. I have a boy friend, Ken. We look like Barbie and Ken. I told him that I weighed 50kg but actually I weigh 60kg. You know only one number is changed. I really felt happy when he believed my lie.

One day Ken and I went to the amusement park. We wanted to ride toy horses. There were a row of students in front of them. We also stood in line to ride them.

Then, finally we came to ride toy horses. But as soon as I got on it, it started to make a noise and become unstable and then it was broken at last. How embarrassing and humiliating it was! It seemed like everyone around me laughed at me including my Ken!

I couldn't stand crying. Ken came to know I weighed much. What if your girl friend broke the toy horse due to her heavy weight? I thought Ken wanted to break up with me. But at that time, he hugged me and said, "Darling, don't cry. It's not because you weighed too much but because it was made bad. And what I like is what you are, not what you pretended to be. I love you although you weigh much and you are not beautiful. Always your all is lovely to me." I was moved and regretted lying to him. 'Thank you, Ken. Although you'll be old and fat, I'll love you forever because what I like is also what you are."

(I'll put these three stories below because I thought they were not coherent with the first story a little. But they are good and interesting stories.)

I like this season, the end of March because beautiful blossom on the trees and in the field really starts. Above all, I like the white pink cherry blossom. I have some memory about cherry blossom. Do you guess?

Everyone has a skeleton in his chest; like this old saying goes, I myself have a lot of secrets. It could be dirty, immoral or about sexual fantasy I have. Whether it is desirable or not, having a secret makes our lives more interesting. The girl you had crushed on but never told how you felt, taking a bill from your mother's wallet, wetting your pants even when you were a 7th grader and so on so far.

What I like is ...money. I can go anywhere I want. I can have anything I want to buy. I think I can do anything that I want to do!

I really want to win a lotto. Some told me the numbers. I'll share that money with you. Call me!^^
Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Nam-suk Fri Apr 04 2008, 13:05

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.

I also think that people want more than just cliche "happy ending" in TV soap opera or movies. The story like characters in soap opera became happy after tough times used to be regarded as an interesting thing, even people got catharsis from it.. It's great and I also like that kind of thing, but sometimes it's a little far-fetched. Maybe the plain unvarnished truth or down to earth thing can be moving to people rather than the thing to only gain a larger audience share irrespective of its ending.
Nam-suk
Nam-suk
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty I agree with you....

Post  kim young-ah Fri Apr 04 2008, 20:20

Why should the superman be a male person? Why not be a female person?
I have always thought about that.
In this story, I'm so pleased with the wonder woman. Even though I don't like the transgender person, the heroine is a female anyway. Whoever is a female or male, we need a hero/heroine in a sense now and then.
Ryu Jeong A wrote:Bae Sung Han, Lee Kyeong Im, Lee Yu Jin, Jung Yoo Jin, Kim Sun Young, Park Mi Hyun, Hwang Yun Kyung, Ryu Jeong A.

People always missed and respected superman, because they were able to learn what justice is, what they should do for their neighbors, etc. Even they sometimes dreamed meeting him in their dreams. Now, it's time for their dreams to come true. One day...

Superman happened to appear in Daegu. He really wanted to explain he wasn't a difficult person to meet. Unfortunately, however, he could speak English only. Whenever he tried to help and talk to Daegu citizens, he was refused because they were afraid to speak in English. So, he thought something went wrong in English education of Daegu.

Later he felt he should renovate English education in Daegu. So, he decided to meet the mayor of Daegu. Meeting him and his aides, superman talked about the seriousness of English education and said he wanted to help them. Then they made an agreement to educate citizens by developing new English education system. For the sake of solving that problem together, superman became a CEO of English Education corporation.

Superman's business was such a success, but he suddenly disappeared. He was seriously thinking about his gender identity. In fact, Superman always admired wonder woman's shinning tiara. So, he decided to get a surgery.

People in Daegu Education Department was very surprised to find that superman had gone. They tried to find him using every possible way. They even made a UCC of finding superman. One day, a woman called to the mayor and told him that she knew where he was and wanted to make an appearance on air.

Finally, the mayor met her on live TV show. Amazingly, she was the very wonder woman and really gorgeous than expected. She said the shocking story to the public, "Actually, superman always said he wanted to be a woman. While helping the others make their dreams come true, he found himself that he also could make his dream of becoming a woman come true and in the end he made it However, as you know, most of the people dislike and disrespect the trans genders. That's why he, no, no, now 'she' can't show up to the public." Even before ending her remark, there came a lot of encouraging messages on the web eagerly hoping the comeback of the super woman. Seeing this, the mayor politely requested her coming back to Daegu, saying, "I think they are already ready to meet and accept the new hero." With a determined look, the wonder woman removed her fake mask and outfits, and then a brilliant figure appears, super woman. 'Superman' returned at last, with a different but more attractive look.
kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty What a playboy!!!!!

Post  kim young-ah Fri Apr 04 2008, 20:30

^^ Ladies, let's be careful for playboys.....in a dream or in a real life.
Bae Sung-han wrote:
Unexpected Day
(titled by Lee Kyeong-im)
(Yu-jin Lee, Yoo-jin Jung, Sun-young Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yun-kyoung Hwang, Ok-sun Jeong, Sung-han Bae)

I woke up late in the morning, feeling very tired. I called mom, but there was no answer. I also called my brother, no answer, either. I came to realize that there wasn't anyone in the house. I looked up the clock which was hanging in the dining room, but it was gone. I thought someone must have stolen everything in the house except for the bed I had been lying.
HOW IT COULD BE POSSIBLE!

Then, suddenly a handsome and gorgeous guy appeared in front of me. and he asked me, "Would you like to marry me?" How odd he was! At the first sight, he gave me a propose, kneeling before me. My mind tried to say, "No, not at all," but my mouth was moving in a different way I'd like to respond. In a split second, I was saying, "Yes, I would. I'd love to." And I followed him to his place. As a matter of fact, he was the prince of a mysterious world, who was awesome and handsome.

However, something happened to us. it was a bit cloudy all day and at last in the later afternoon it started to rain slightly. And the drops was hitting this windows upon the ceiling. It was after the thunder splashed in the air of dark night. The handsome prince began to scream like the roar of lion and changed into a poorly old, ugly man. He tried to covered his appearance with his arms, stepping backward to avoid my eyes. And then, "I'm so sorry,” said he like he talked to himself. He mumbled, "I, actually, was cursed by a witch who he had dated with." But I could hear him as enough as I said to myself.

Poor prince... I wanted to help him to regain his appearance, so that I firmly told him, "I will meet the witch to figure out what you have got." I, by myself, went to the witch's place where was located in the suburb of the town. It wasn't far way from the castle. It took 2 day horse-riding time for me to get there. The place which the prince directed me to get there wasn't not worse than I had expected. I walked slowly to the door and knocked three times. There was no response and I knocked again. But no answer again. But I could feel something behind. It was a bit spooky somehow, but not bad though. The witch was behind me, clearing her throat and saying to me,
"Who are you? What brought you here?"
I'd like to be straight, so I asked her why she had done to the prince and how much he was suffering.
And then, her response was not different from what I had expected. After discussing, she told me that the prince was a playboy.

And she explained that all he says was lie. She also went through the same experience as mine. Long time ago, when she had woken up in her own house, there had been nothing left in it. And suddenly he had appeared. He even proposed to her. During the conversation, I could feel the anger growing up to my brain and decided to revenge him.

On my way back to the castle, I was thinking about how I could revenge him effectively. The prince appeared and said,
"How did it go? Did you meet the witch?"
"Yes," I said, "Straight with you, I love you but I can't marry you."
"Why not?" he asked me with surprise and suspicion.
"She doesn't want me to get married to you. She still loves you." I mentioned as if I had felt disappointed and there had been nobody helping.
"No way," he cried.
After that, I tried to run away from him, but I couldn't move at all.
At the moment, I heard my mom calling my name.
"Alice, are you still sleeping?"

When I opened my eyes in my own bed, looked around my room and found out what I had dreamt of, I was so relieved. My pyjama was totally soaked with much of sweat and my body seemed to have no energy left, so I put my head on my pillow again. My face was a bit smiling with relief, hearing from mom's calling for me to get up once again. I moved my body up, thinking not to have such a horrible dream and a disgusting man in a real world.
It was a brightly sunny day, with the birds singing around out of the window nearby my bed.

- The End -
kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty survival in a different way....

Post  kim young-ah Fri Apr 04 2008, 20:37

Your story is very very very , absolutely interesting and creative. And a little shocking......^^ How can you imagine that AI machine?
Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.
kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Liz Sat Apr 05 2008, 04:23

Oksun wrote:No More Happy Endings ~!
written by Kim Hyojin,Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jinyoug,Park Boyun, Park Jihyn and Lee Hyejin

Everybody likes "happy ending"story in real life or even soap operas on TV. It's like everybody's hope in their lives, so we wish main actor and actress can get together even if they met with an accident or some difficulties.

Sometimes we are told the saying,"No pain, No gain." So perhaps many people like "happy ending" much more after they experienced some bad things. But I think "happy ending" is a little boring idea in a movie or soap operas. Even a korean movie "Happy Enging" didn't show real happy ending.

Therefore ,we need something opposite to "happy ending" like pitiful lives or psychotic stories. These kinds of movies really sound interesting to us. Like "Prison Break", there is a movie which has a lot of brutal scenes. Despite those bad things, most of viewers are crazy about it. Many critics question the morality of those topics, though.

By the way, korean TV dramas and movies tend to be made in a quite different way . They let the viewers choose and make the story. Whenever they needed next stories or synopses, they would ask viewers on phones or by internet to make a decision. So all dramas and movies turned out quite crazy , depending on how koreans are feeling or thinking during those votes(votes about the next episode.)

But you know what? People started to blame the writer for being undecisive. Now people want to have a special story which is based on the writer's creative work, not on public opinions. What do you think the writers should do? Which one is better? To keep asking audience or do on their own? We need to find a solution, without spending much money getting that answer. I'm of the opinion that it's up to the writer's creativity.

Yes. Writers should be as creative as possible. When we watch TV dramas or see movies, we can easily notice what's going on, what will happen next ,who will be dead and who will be happy in the end. We don't want to see boring and obvious endings anymore. I mean, we are sick and tired of some thing like " ~~lived happily ever after."

Writers! Try to think outside of the box. You can be very imaginative and amazing writers. Do not rely on featuring famous actors and actresses for making a big hit.

Your story reminds me of a soap opera, 'On Air'. I think it's somewhat reflects the reality of show business. Through watching the drama, I thought it's difficult to make a good drama. As time goes by, the taste of viewer is getting sophisticated and it's easy to get access to the drama of other country. Especially, many people are get excited about American drama. So, writers should wake up and get out of the same old story. Otherwise, they're going to lose viewers.
Liz
Liz
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Oksun Sat Apr 05 2008, 06:22

Liz wrote:By Jeong Oksun, Bae Sunghan, Lee Kyeongim, Lee Yujin, Jung Yoojin, Kim Sunyoung, Park Mihyun, Hwang Yunkyoung

It was a bright and sunny day. I wouldn't get this kind of weather again in my entire life. It was also the day that I met J. She was sitting next to me and such a sweet girl that I'd always dreamed of. We were sitting in a car to the airport which was decorated with lots of flowers. We were heading for the island which had the most beautiful scenary in the world. My heart was beating rapidly for excitement.

After we arrived at the island, we had a great lunch and enjoyed sunshine walking along the beach. I was so sure that we would fall in love. Everything was so perfect to be true.

Suddenly it started to rain heavily with thunderstorm. We had no place to get away from the rain. She got wet and started to shiver. I came up with an idea of making her a special umbrella. However, no matter how I made them, she threw them right away. She didn't like any of them.

How could she do this to me! I couldn't stand it any longer. I hate people make me angry. So I stabbed her several times with the very knife that I used for making the umbrellas and threw the body away in the ocean. That night, I was arrested by interpol. I couldn't understand how they found me that quickly. We were isolated in this island. Were we not alone?

I would escape from this island! One of the police officers, who was female, fell in love with me at first sight. I knew it wasn't right to use her feeling but I persuaded her to help me run away. However, she was murdered by her co-worker, ex-boyfriend. He was so annoyed to find out that she had feelings for me and lost his temper while they were arguing.

I was locked in a room for days, but they didn't find any evidence of accusing me. Finally, I would get my freedom back, I would be released, today.

Now, I'm home. It took quite a long time to figure out what had happened to me. I thought I was a human but I wasn't. I was just a brand new cyborg which could think and feel. J was my master and I was supposed to protect her. On the contrary, I killed her. Then the alarm system in my body alerted the interpol. That's how they found me. The manufacturer recalled me to find out what caused this fatal error and my body is falling apart into pieces. After all, I survived from the island.
I was wondering how this story would go on and how it would end in, since I wrote the title on the blank paper at first. It reminded me of the movie " Island" on some part of it and it was interesting to read. It's like an adventure story. You guys did a great job ^^
Oksun
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Oksun Sun Apr 06 2008, 18:10

Jung Yoojin wrote:"A Blind Date, how about it?"

titled by BoYun Park

[with JiHyun Park, HyeJin Lee, Oksun Jeong, SungHan Bae, YuJin Lee, YooJin Jung]

A beautiful and sunny Sunday in spring, there is a female sitting alone at home. Not washing her face and undressed, she just watch TV blanky. It's me who deadly want to have a great boyfriend. Having boyfriend, why don't I have a blind date?

Suddenly I got a call from my best friend J who is good looking and has a very good shape. She told me she wanted to set me up with a rich guy. (Acting J has just broken up with her boyfriend after seeing each other for 2 years. She said she doesn't want to meet any man for a moment.) She asked me to come to R cafe at 6 this Thursday. She suggested me to meet a guy there.

What a fantastic news, isn't it? There was no need to hesitate! The time has come. Today is Monday, I have three days left. How lucky woman I am ! Thanks to J, I could have a blind date! hmm... What should I do first? get a massage on my face? or get a hairdo? get a new clothes? Oh~~I can't wait to see the guy!!

Three days after,
Oh... last night, I have been watching TV a lot, because I can't sleep for worrying the first fantastic impression. Anyway, I went to beauty saloon and I asked hairdresser to make my hairdo as much beautiful as he can. As I couldn't have much sleep last night, I was drowsing and my head started to fall a bit. Few minutes later when I woke up..... oh my GOD! What the XXXX going on my hair????? He cut my hair half long unevenly because of my drowsy knocking!

Oh my godness! Only 30 minutes left. What should I do? As soon as I went out of the beauty saloon, I tried to find store. I nearly could buy one hat which could cover my hair. I just run to the R cafe without thinking. Just not to be late..... When I arrived....

There was a guy sitting in the middle of the restaurant. He was wearing a gloamorous hat. I walked toward him with frustration. When he looked at me, he loved my hairstyle. I wondered why he said like that. hmm... I was curious why he was also wearing hat though. By the time he took off his hat, I saw that. I saw...He was bald!!
That's why he loves my clumsy hairstyle. He likes every person who aren't bald.

That was the last time I ever had a blind date. I never have had a boyfriend since then. It was a horrible time to me and the best experience to me. By virtue of my friend J, I could become two children mother. Yes, even though he was bald, he was rich and humorous. I think I had right choice, don't you think so? Haha, anyway, I am happy now. And I realize that appearance is nothing especially for your spouse. I met my soul mate who is my husband. And I am happy with my family now.

The title seemed exciting to me and I was wondering how it would end. You guys wove a fascinating story together ! You used so vivid expression that it was easier to read and imagine the situation. It was a lot of fun. Thanks Razz
Oksun
Oksun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty ^^It is good to read the paper~

Post  Jung Yoojin Sun Apr 06 2008, 21:26

sunnypine wrote:

Yoojin Jung, Sunyoung Kim, Mi-hyun Park, Yunkyoung Hwang, JeongA Ryu, Bongkung Park, Pilsu Lee, and Haesol Bae

It was a great day. The sun was shining brightly. However, the sky became gray and it started pouring heavily. On the way to my aunt’s house, I was caught in a shower.

Geez… I hate rain. I decided to go back. When I got home, it became sunny. What a strange day!

Oh my goodness! I forgot to bring my key and my cell-phone has no battery. Things are getting worse and I’m getting angrier. I didn’t know where to go, so I decided to keep walking until it gets dark.

While walking through the deep forest, I found a small cabin that was smashed. The door was open and, in the living room, there was a dark brown liquid on the floor. It was so messy that I thought I had to take off my shoes. The liquid was so sticky when I was wandering around in the cabin. Finally, there I found a squeaky door.

I opened the door. There was a lot more of that dark liquid on the floor. I felt the urge to touch it and figure out what the substance was. Carefully, I tipped the floor with my finger. Oh! The color was so beautiful that I put more of the liquid on my nails. It goes really well with my fingers. It was a natural nail polish. While I was in a rapture satisfied with the color, I heard a “bang!” from behind my back. My heart pounded so loudly, but I couldn’t turn around. I had to…

…look at who hit me from behind, but I instead fainted. When I finally woke up I found myself lying in my bedroom. My parents were looking at me with worrying eyes. I was told that I had been asleep for three days. Was it just a nightmare that I went to a strange house and touched the brown liquid and was hit by someone? I thought I just had a bad dream, but I realized it was real because my clothes were covered with that brown liquid. What happened? Who was it?

I was so curious that I had to ask to my mom. When I asked those questions, my mom looked so worried about me. She said I got hit by a car in the corner of the street. Fortunately, it was not a big accident so I didn’t get hurt so much. But the thing is I didn’t get hurt from the car but I got hurt on my fingers by broken glass pieces when I was lying down on the street because of the accident. I was bleeding from my fingers now it became a brownish color after it dried on my fingers. And I thought that was the sticky brown liquid from the dream. It was still really strange day…

I was looking forward to see this. I wrote the title because on the that day, I polish my nails in dark-brown color. It is calm and confortable storym, and I appreciatied! It just looks like a realy story~ Laughing
Jung Yoojin
Jung Yoojin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Twisty-turny stories (engaging practical writing activity) - Page 3 Empty creative job!!

Post  Lee yujin Mon Apr 07 2008, 06:27

sunnypine wrote:

I actullay suggested this title to Jung yujin, bacuse I saw her nail painted in dark brown.
I thought It would be hard to deal with this title, but you made an excellent story with the title.
Lee yujin
Lee yujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Eun-jung Mon Apr 07 2008, 10:20

Kyeong-im wrote:by Kim Jin-yong, Boyun Park, Jihyun, Park, Hyejin Lee, Jeong Ok-sun, Bae Sung-han, Lee Kyeong-im

She broke up with a lovely boyfriend and then cried all day long. She didn't want to meet anyone, ever her best friends. After a few days, she felt very long. Tatally forgetting what happened to her, she tried to find something interesting in only restricted room. She found many creatures, millions of ants, in her house. At first time, they were disgusting, so she killed all of them. However, she started to feel happy by doing so.

She was quite surprised by herself. She was starting to feel happy and better after torturing the insects. She went to bed feeling much better. However, the next day, she woke up and found herself face to face with a giant ant. She pinched herself thinking she was still dreaming, but hey~. it was real. The giant ant was staring right back at her.

He, the giant ant, asked her, "Do you want to be killed or to live as our servant?" She didn't want to die nor to be a servant. However, there was no choice. So she said, "OK! I will do whatever you say" Then, the ant took her into their kingdom. Actually, he was the king of there, and the ants that she killed were his babies. He gave her a little shovel and asked her to dig a hole as many as she can.

"Dig, dig, and dig! You're the one who killed my lovely babies." "OK. I'll do everything you want." Even though she said like that she was looking for some ways to get out of this kingdom. After working 3 hours without a break, she was allowed to have lunch for 30 minutes. 'I should do something to go back to my normal life. How stupid and cruel I was...' Yet, there was nothing but crying. "What can I do?"

She kept weeping and weeping. Suddenly a fairy appeared near her eyes. The fairy said to her, "Can you promise not to kill any insects or small beings any more?" She stopped weeping and said, "Of course I do. I'll never ever kill any living things from now on. I promise!" Then the fairy turned into the giant ant. The giant ant blowed the whistle and so many-about one million-ants were lining up in front of her.

She was surprised at those millions of ants. However, she came to realize they were acting differently to her. They were gathering in front of her and seemed to follow the direction of their own king. She wasn't sure they would let her go home, but something was coming up in mind to follow. For a couple of hours walking to home,...

That was the last scene in her dream. Everything was not real. She dreamed in her dream. How strange! She tried to read a dream and finally found that victims(the giant ant's babies) represented her boyfriend. Unconsciously, she blamed him for the breakup. Through this dream she learned something. ; We are one. Although everything seems to be separated they have effect on one another. To hate someone or injure someone's feelings is to destroy ourselves. One man is no man. Now, she prays that he(her boyfriend) might be happy with a smile on her face.

It's really interesting story. Adventure to the Ants' Land is exciting, and at the end the story I can get a good lesson, as well.

Kim Eun-jung
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Kim Eun-jung Mon Apr 07 2008, 10:33

'To be helped by the Superman, we need to learn English.' It can be a good ground for motivating students to study English. You're really clever and imaginative!

Kim Eun-jung
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next