English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Academic Writing Tips 3: Punctuation guide (Semicolon, Colon, Parenthesis, Dash, Quotation Marks, and Italics)

2 posters

Go down

Academic Writing Tips 3: Punctuation guide (Semicolon, Colon, Parenthesis, Dash, Quotation Marks, and Italics) Empty Academic Writing Tips 3: Punctuation guide (Semicolon, Colon, Parenthesis, Dash, Quotation Marks, and Italics)

Post  Jason Renshaw Mon Mar 31 2008, 20:23

Hi students,

In looking at your essays, I feel many of you could do with some review of basic punctuation devices.

The link here goes to a useful handout that you can view online or print out for your ongoing reference. It also includes links to online practice activities if you would like to train yourself a little more in terms of using different kinds of punctuation effectively.

Good punctuation is absolutely crucial for strong academic writing. Make sure you know how to use the various devices properly! We will, of course, be doing some targeted practice with these in class a little later in the course, so now's a good time to brush up on your knowledge...

Thanks and best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Academic Writing Tips 3: Punctuation guide (Semicolon, Colon, Parenthesis, Dash, Quotation Marks, and Italics) Empty Re: Academic Writing Tips 3: Punctuation guide (Semicolon, Colon, Parenthesis, Dash, Quotation Marks, and Italics)

Post  Ju-mi,Im Fri Apr 04 2008, 13:53

When I write an essay, there are many mistakes in the use of article.
I hope to be given some tips about using proper article, if you have time later.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down