English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Help me, Sam!

5 posters

Go down

Help me, Sam! Empty Help me, Sam!

Post  billy Fri Apr 11 2008, 13:05

Dear Sam

Now i have a newborn baby, a little over a month now, who doesn't sleep well.. i mean he barely sleeps for more than 2 hours at a time. When i am in school, my wife and my mother-in-law takes care of my baby. But, at night i am the one who is in charge of hugging, feeding, and making him sleep, which means i have also barely slept for more than 2 hours at one time since he was released from a nursery center. Sometimes i feel i can't stand this any more and i really would like to quit my MA study right away(^^). What should i do? Help me, Sam!
billy
billy
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Help me, Sam! Empty Re: Help me, Sam!

Post  inmyheart479 Sat Apr 12 2008, 13:19

billy wrote:Dear Sam

Now i have a newborn baby, a little over a month now, who doesn't sleep well.. i mean he barely sleeps for more than 2 hours at a time. When i am in school, my wife and my mother-in-law takes care of my baby. But, at night i am the one who is in charge of hugging, feeding, and making him sleep, which means i have also barely slept for more than 2 hours at one time since he was released from a nursery center. Sometimes i feel i can't stand this any more and i really would like to quit my MA study right away(^^). What should i do? Help me, Sam!

It must be so hard for you to do two things at the same time. I think raising kids is one of the most challenging tasks humans do. Way to go! ^^ I am having a hard time doing only graduate study. But if I were you, and your wife takes care of the baby during the daytime, and your baby sleeps only 2 hours at night, it sounds like she's got the baby sleeping too many hours during the daytime. So maybe you can ask your wife to keep the baby up during the day so he can sleep more at night. hope my advice might be of some help and I do wish you good luck!
inmyheart479
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Sun Apr 13 2008, 09:55

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Sun Apr 13 2008, 09:58

inmyheart479 wrote:

It must be so hard for you to do two things at the same time. I think raising kids is one of the most challenging tasks humans do. Way to go! ^^ I am having a hard time doing only graduate study. But if I were you, and your wife takes care of the baby during the daytime, and your baby sleeps only 2 hours at night, it sounds like she's got the baby sleeping too many hours during the daytime. So maybe you can ask your wife to keep the baby up during the day so he can sleep more at night. hope my advice might be of some help and I do wish you good luck!

Actually, I'm pretty sure Billy meant that the baby only sleeps for two hours at a time during the night - not two hours total. Very Happy

That's perfectly natural. For the first couple of months, the baby will want to feed every 3-4 hours. Later you can learn to "top up" the baby with some extra milk around 10-11pm and try to skip a feed at 2-3am. This is how the baby learns to sleep through the night. Goodness, once you've got the baby doing that, it makes such a huge difference...!

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Help me, Sam! Empty Dear hungry for sleeping...

Post  kim young-ah Mon Apr 14 2008, 10:21

Dear billy,

Hi. I read your writings.
hahaha...
It's very hard to be a papa... as most parents do that.
I think your baby is at least 2 months old since he/she was born.
And your baby needs adapting itself to a real life not its mother's womb.
The first 2-3 month is ... most babies don't sleep well and their sleeping time is changing day and night. After the 100-day (in Korean baek-il), your baby will get better and will sleep well at night. And the feeding time will be regular. But you should remember that you will have to do all things if your baby wants to do anything. Sometimes most babies are changeable.
Now you have very hard time taking care of your baby and some day if your baby is grown up and you have much more time than now, you will miss these days... and so this troublesome will be good memory later. 시간이 약입니다..^^
And if you have another baby, you'll feel much easier than now.
Cheer up....and help your wife as now. You are an absolutely great husband and a nice papa.
wating.. your peace...

kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Bae Sung-han Wed Apr 16 2008, 09:16

First, congratulations!
You said it before during the class with Jason. I think it is great to have a baby. I am also one who have now a baby who is almost 12 months in two days. ^^.
I have the same experience as you do now. I know how hard it is to take care of the child. But I am sure that it is worthy doing this. After the several months, you will see that your baby gives you so much smiles and happiness because of her or him, I am sorry I don't know which one is right. The hard is getting decreased because the baby is getting bigger in time.
Most of all the problem you will face is that, which I am facing, the baby will have its own thought, idea and will what to do or how to do. Thus the time you will face will be more difficult one than the time you have now.
However, don't worry about that. Your baby itself will gives much more meaningful to you.
Once again, congratulations and welcome to a real world. flower
Bae Sung-han
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Bae Sung-han Wed Apr 16 2008, 09:19

I am sorry I posted one more time so that there are two same quotes. And I don't know how to delet this. flower
Bae Sung-han
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Help me, Sam! Empty to you, congratulations

Post  kim young-ah Wed Apr 16 2008, 22:43

Dear sunghan

Hi
and congratulations on your baby's first birthday....
I didn't realize it and very sorry.... And I wanted to say... your family picture is very good. Your wife looks generous and I think she is a good minded person because she thinks of the retarded children as you said. And that's why she is majoring the special education(i don't know how to express...but) in the graduate school.
anyway you look good, too and of course your important baby...^^
Bae Sung-han wrote:

First, congratulations!
You said it before during the class with Jason. I think it is great to have a baby. I am also one who have now a baby who is almost 12 months in two days. ^^.
I have the same experience as you do now. I know how hard it is to take care of the child. But I am sure that it is worthy doing this. After the several months, you will see that your baby gives you so much smiles and happiness because of her or him, I am sorry I don't know which one is right. The hard is getting decreased because the baby is getting bigger in time.
Most of all the problem you will face is that, which I am facing, the baby will have its own thought, idea and will what to do or how to do. Thus the time you will face will be more difficult one than the time you have now.
However, don't worry about that. Your baby itself will gives much more meaningful to you.
kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Bae Sung-han Fri Apr 18 2008, 12:17

Thank you for honest attitude to me and it will be helpful to get to know each other more as classmates. I enjoyed talking to you and you seem very thoughtful and so well-mannered to everyone. I like that.
I said your permission about visiting your place to my wife. She thinks it is lovely and I am also expecting to do that happily.
Like you told, my wife are concerned about being a homeroom teacher with some different students, which need a right treatment from teachers.
I believe she will be a great teacher.

Could you tell me more specific what I should do on our tasks?
I want to know and do them as soon as possible. I would feel that I need more challenge, so that I chose this course to practice and improve my English. I am sure I will be better than right now in this area of studying and teaching it. After two years, I imagine I will be more confident and fluent in it.

Anyway, thanks a lot. I will meet you on next Tuesday. sunny

kim young-ah wrote:Dear sunghan

Hi
and congratulations on your baby's first birthday....
I didn't realize it and very sorry.... And I wanted to say... your family picture is very good. Your wife looks generous and I think she is a good minded person because she thinks of the retarded children as you said. And that's why she is majoring the special education(i don't know how to express...but) in the graduate school.
anyway you look good, too and of course your important baby...^^
Bae Sung-han wrote:

First, congratulations!
Bae Sung-han
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum