English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Collaborative writing 2

Go down

Collaborative writing 2 Empty Collaborative writing 2

Post  Sera Jung Fri May 30 2008, 18:20

3 things that made me confident and good at English
Jong woo , Inkan. Hyun A , Kang hoon, Sera

It's in 2015. I am a Korean student who has just completed high school. One thing I am really happy about is my English proficiency! This is due, of course to the wonderful English teachers and education system I have experienced. The three greatest things that have made me confident and good at English are bilingual English teachers, online English learning support system and small classroom site.

Teachers who are fluent both in Korean English assisted students all the time whenever we have difficulty in understanding what was taught in the class. Initially most of my class mates seem to have trouble comprehending teacher’s explanation on the text book. When teacher allowed us to ask question, whenever we felt like to do, and she continued to repeat her explanation, not by speaking Korean but writing it on the board for the essential part of the lesson, we were gradually getting accustomed to the class taught in English

Secondly, we could learn English not only from classes in school but also from online learning. As most of students take online learning program, we don’t have to go to private institutes. Through online learning, we could choose any teacher as many as we can. I took famous writing teacher’s lecture who are in Seoul. He sent me lots of feedback about my writing. It’s also helpful that I can share my writing in online forum. Moreover I could share feedback with foreigner in forum. Thanks to online learning, I could make lots of friends in the world. Through online chatting, I could talk with them .

Before starting small class room size, we had 45 students in class. We did not have any opportunities to speak and write English in whole lectures. All we had to do is to just listen to the lessons and to have a few chances to participate class-activities if it is possible. However, everything has changed because of small class room size. We have had many opportunities to speak English and participate in class activities with classmates and teachers. The best thing is that I do not feel fear about English as I always use it in classroom. As time goes by, that makes us confident and do not have any problems about English.

Thanks to fluent bilingual English teachers, I could get used to class conducted in English, which helps me to improve my English enormously. Also online learning allowed me to take qualified lecture and get in touch with natives and small class size gave us chances to speak and use English reducing fear for it. Without great education system and competent teachers, my English couldn’t have been developed so much. I sincerely hope that next generation will also learn English in such a good environment.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down