English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: Being lazy and a parent

+8
Inkab
HyejinJeon
Hwan Ki, Kim
itchyfeet51
Young
Ko, Min-Jung
Younghee choi
Jung namsook
12 posters

Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty OP1: Being lazy and a parent

Post  Jung namsook Mon Mar 17 2008, 21:54

With only less than a year left, it’s time to play some hardball for Teacher's Exam. This year I will be taking the test. I am so honored to apply for a big race even though it’s getting far more competitive as it goes by. Preparing for a competition, I found my deepest fear to heave out again. Being lazy; it’s the one that used to appear for a long time. Along with a chronic habitual idleness, I would like to share my greatest hope with you.

To begin with, frankly speaking, I’d been as idle as I would spend the whole time watching TV dramas during the winter vacation. Let alone defer what should be done, I neglected my required classes. I believe that habitual slow is the axis of evil in life. That’s why I’m so afraid of being so lazy. Besides it bears other wrong habits such as, I easily abandon what I’m supposed to do as well as avoid doing trials and errors. Consequently, incurable habits will discourage me to go for my dream. Now I want to treat this fear myself. I cannot let my life flow with neglect. I would try to do my best even if I fail to completely fulfill my responsibility. Plus, I shall perform my duty free from fear of negligence.

When it comes to the most important hope, I can say that my family comes first all the time. I am striving to be committed to my beloved. Without their greatest love, I will be no longer motivated no matter what I am made out. My plan A is to be a commendable parent, which is not a tentative project but a longstanding strategy. I would be a cultured mother who shores up my family at any time. It’ll be the same as building up my character. In particular, my focus on life is to be a respectful mom willing to be a friend. I’m not going to compel my adorable daughter to live for parents. I truly point out that there exist only good parents that will be able to boost their children to accomplish their wishes. In the end, the children should be highly intelligent or artistic, or who have a high level of skill, especially in one area. We just call them the gifted.

When I first noted the composition assignment, I thought English composition should be one of the deepest fears. On the other hand, that’s what I really hope not only to write authentic English sentence but raise the power of writing for thinking. Overall, fear and hope come together likewise our life goes wrong and right.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:51; edited 4 times in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty Re: OP1: Being lazy and a parent

Post  Younghee choi Mon Mar 17 2008, 22:25

As a 4th year student preparing for the teacher's exam as well, I sometimes feel despaired and can't get out of the endless laziness.
Actually, I love being lazy.
To overcome this habitual laziness, I reward myself by telling myself that if I just do this work, I get to be lazy.
You can take advantage of your laziness as a reward to motivate you to do more exciting things.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Tue Mar 18 2008, 12:55

I also had to fight back the temptation to be lazy during winter vacation. Well, good old days are gone, and it's time to tackle our works. Cheer up and I hope you could you acheive whatever you want at the end of this year!
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty Temporary lasiness

Post  Young Wed Mar 19 2008, 10:14

Namsook,

Sometimes, we need temporary lasiness to refresh ourselves.
Don't you think? Very Happy

As I have experienced you, you are not that lasy but discreet.

I also like what you said that you want to be a good friend of your daughter.

Love,

Young
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty Fear and hope come together likewise our life goes wrong and right.

Post  itchyfeet51 Wed Mar 19 2008, 11:07

I totally agree with what you said above.
Yes, that's why we should keeping looking on bright side of our life. sunny
itchyfeet51
itchyfeet51
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty Re: Being lazy and a parent

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Wed Mar 19 2008, 15:41

Happy reading your article!
Laziness is something that everybody has in variety way.
Once you give out a try, it would not be a problem. Don't worry.
I totally feel the same about parents and future family of ours.
we should never forget what we had from our parents.
I think you will be a lovely dedicated mother.
Also, you will be super duper teacher if you think the students of yours
as your children.
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty Oops!

Post  HyejinJeon Wed Mar 19 2008, 20:30

Being lazy is very serious problem, but I can't still solve it.
We have to try to solve it together!

Let's plan our day by day.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Inkab Wed Mar 19 2008, 21:58

Endless endeavor towards life is also my lifetime goal.
But the problem is I'm too easily exhausted over things upon my shoulder.

Your long essay shows that you're really hard working person, and nobody will doubt about it.
As long as you're in a good shape, I don't think you should worry about being lazy.
you seem naturally born, dilligent person. Surprised

I envy you Razz
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty Namsook's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Thu Mar 20 2008, 05:56

Hi Namsook,

I can certainly relate well to both your fears and hopes! I find it very hard to forgive myself when I have been even slightly lazy, and all my grandest hopes are wrapped up in my family

This is quite a good piece of writing. You've certainly organized it well and explored the issues in a very articulate way, with some very good written expression that gets across your feelings and points. Well done!

Below are some of my language development recommendations:

Jung namsook wrote:
With only less than a year left, it’s time to play some hardball for Teacher's Exam. This year I will be taking the test. I am so honored to apply for a big race even though it’s getting far more competitive as it goes by. Preparing for a competition, I found my deepest fear to heave out again. Being lazy; Question it’s the one that used to appear for a long time. Along with a chronic habitual idleness, I would like to share my greatest hope with you.

To begin with, frankly speaking, I’d been as idle as I would spend the whole time watching TV dramas during the winter vacation. Let alone defer what should be done, I neglected my required classes. I believe that habitual slow is the axis of evil in life. That’s why I’m so afraid of being so lazy. Question Besides it bears other wrong habits such as, I easily abandon what I’m supposed to do as well as avoid doing trials and errors. Consequently, incurable habits will discourage me to go for my dream. Now I want to treat this fear myself. I cannot let my life flow with neglect. I would try to do my best even if I fail to completely fulfill my responsibility. Plus, I shall perform my duty free from fear of negligence.

When it comes to the most important hope, I can say that my family comes first all the time. I am striving to be committed to my beloved. Without their greatest love, Question I will be no longer motivated no matter what I am made out. My plan A is to be a commendable parent, which is not a tentative project but a longstanding strategy. I would be a cultured mother who shores up my family at any time. It’ll be the same as building up my character. In particular, my focus on life is to be a respectful mom willing to be a friend. I’m not going to compel my adorable daughter to live for parents. I truly point out that there exist only good parents that will be able to boost their children to accomplish their wishes. In the end, the children should be highly intelligent or artistic, or who have a high level of skill, especially in one area. We just call them the gifted.

When I first noted the composition assignment, I thought English composition should be one of the deepest fears. On the other hand, that’s what I really hope not only to write authentic English sentence but raise the power of writing for thinking. Overall, fear and hope come together likewise our life goes wrong and right.

Cool it’s the one thing that has reappeared constantly over a long period of time

Cool Besides, it leads to other wrong habits such as easily abandoning what I’m supposed to be doing as well as avoiding facing trials and errors.

Cool I will no longer be motivated no matter what I am made out of [OR what I make out to do]

I hope those suggestions help and well done on a great journal entry.

Best regards,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty Don't worry, you could get it!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Sat Mar 22 2008, 21:55

Your name is very familiar to me, and I thought of you! We took the same class, last semester.

When I was middle school student, the English teacher whe made me who I am, was ROOKY TEACHER. She was also mother of two daughter. The reason I say this story to you is that I hope you could pass this year's exam. Maybe you would be difficult to study as a mother, wife, and a student. However if you are able to invest your time and passion for your career, then you can get it, finally.

Actually, I say very simply but it is the most diffidult thing to devote myself to study, I think. Because there are so much things which attract me out of studying ; like internet, soap opera, friends and so on. The final world is only for the person who endures their hard time.

I just write about how to overcome the difficult period of preparing a certain EXAM, as a student in the same situation. Good luck with you!~
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: Being lazy and a parent Empty don't worry too much about your exams!

Post  Kanghoon Jang Sun Mar 23 2008, 13:48

Don't be slackers... hahahaha..
sometimes, burdens that you have to are really helpful for what you do. I don't know eaxatly who and how are you but based on my experiences you can get it over in your family love!
I am going to pray for you.
good luck to your things

Lovely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Fri Mar 28 2008, 07:57

nice to see you again on class!

I was touched a lot by your well- organized and written writing.There are many things I have to learn, I think.

Being lazy is also incurable habbit for me. As it have made anxious and depressed more and more , I started to love my habit itself and use this habit as means to boost my potential.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down