English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP5] Potential benefits and limitations of online learning application

2 posters

Go down

[OP5] Potential benefits and limitations of online learning application Empty [OP5] Potential benefits and limitations of online learning application

Post  HyejinJeon Fri Jun 06 2008, 23:10

What do you think are the potential benefits and limitations of online learning applications for English education in Korea? Support your opinion with details and examples.

When a computer was invented, nobody could not predict its effect. However, it has made huge effect in all areas. One of them is education. The most fantastic thing is onlin learning.

One of its potential benefits is that everyone can learn. It helps people study all their life. For example, imagine that a housewife wants to study. Although she doesn't have enough to go to schol or has to take care of her baby, she can study what to want by using online learning. Actually, my student's mother studies a social welfare by watching a cyber lecture. In addition, the disabled who can not go to school are able to have the opportunity to study in a cyber school. Other benefit is that online learning does not need many facilities such as a school building, chairs and desks. Because online learning is done in home, it is useful to save money and time. Students can study comfortably and concentrate on their learning by saving time. One of my high school friends used to spend one hour commuting. After she moved near a school, she could concentrate on studying. Therefore, she could get a good grade.

Contrary to these benefits, online learning has problems. That's why I can not support online learning. At first, in online learning, a teacher and a student or among students can't communicate with each other better than in reality. In communication between a teacher and a student or among students, students learn somehting as well as study. For example, they have friends and learn rules and manners of their society. That is, they are socialized in a school. In one's teens, they form their values and find something meaningful of life by communicating with other people. However, it is difficult that this process is not conducted in online learning. Secondly, a computer is an essential factor to realize online learning. Nevertheless, computer is still expensive, and some students do not have it. To apply online learning to reality, officials need to examine it more carefully.

In conclusion, online learning is needed to examine and amended although it is a good way to improve Korean education. As some parents rejected that their children study in a public school, they are taught in home. They were free from a school violence, but they could not be socialized well. Online learning has strong and weak points. Because of weak points, I agree with online learning application partly. I think that online learning is a just supporting way, not a main way.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

[OP5] Potential benefits and limitations of online learning application Empty Re: [OP5] Potential benefits and limitations of online learning application

Post  Sera Jung Sat Jun 07 2008, 12:16

You suggested the benefits of online learning with examples and it helps me understand your point better. As you mentioned in your writing, there is disadvantage such as lower chances to communicate with teahcers and peers , I also think that people should consider limitation of online learing before adapting it to real class situation.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down