English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 6 - Do you believe your destiny?

5 posters

Go down

Journal 6 - Do you believe your destiny? Empty Journal 6 - Do you believe your destiny?

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Jun 09 2008, 21:23

In Korean culture, expecially the old often go to fortune-tellers to ask them the destiny of their sons and daughters. The most well-known method to predict one's destiny is the Four Pillars and the Eight Characters, 사주 in Korean. Can a fortune-teller says the future of one's life? It he can, it means that everyone's destiny is decided from the time they were born. Till now there's no proof to distinguish the credibility of predicting future. However when I see a terrible accident or unbelievable luck happening near around, I think that something is decided already which we cannot change whithin our abilities.

If I express my personal opinion, I believe the destiny. I think there are something decided. People say that anything is possible if we do our best, but I don't think anyone can be a president or CEO of global company like MS or Samsung. If we consider these extradordinary status, it can be easier to understand the existance of destiny. I think to a certain level, people can achieve what they want. However beyond that is not achieved by us. For examaple, however someone have an exceptional ability to pass the exam, passing the exam with the top record is not achieved by one's efforts. It is needed fate and talent at the same time. When I was young, I was always curious about what I would be. I continuously felt that there would be something that I have to do not only for me but for the country. I just had that vague feelings. After becoming in my twenties, I found it finally. After I found it, I realized that everything I had passed through was related to the thing I found. Even though it is just my personal thought and feelings, it is meaningful that I am considering it is my destined fate.

We are not able to prove everything including the supernatural. Human being think there's no limition in their ability, but that's not true. We are just one of creature living in the earth. Maybe there would be an aliens or someone who is from future examinating people in 21st century. Consequently, what I want to say is that it is not important the fact that our destiny is decided or not. The meaningful thing is we have to believe our destiny was determined to what we'd like to be. No one knows if it is true or not. If we believe in a certain way, then it will be the ultimate truth. At least I've lived like this, thus I wish you to get everything you want as believing you are destined to be the one you imagine.
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 6 - Do you believe your destiny? Empty Re: Journal 6 - Do you believe your destiny?

Post  Hyun a Ji Tue Jun 10 2008, 00:05

Yes. you made a good point. Actually I visited fortune-teller alone. Because I'm very nervous about something at that time. It made me comfortable. So I could achieve what I want. As you mentioned, it is not only destiny but only my will. We can achieve anything what we want , because we are young. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 6 - Do you believe your destiny? Empty Re: Journal 6 - Do you believe your destiny?

Post  Kanghoon Jang Tue Jun 10 2008, 09:23

You are right! we don't really have to think about the fact why we do our best even though it seems like that everything is already settled. Well, in my opinion, sometimes, I think about it when I have free time or I acheive what I want to. However, the answer about that is always nothing. That is why I don't want to do anymore. I think that all we have to do is to enjoy our life with our people who can give us happiness like family, our friends. That is a good way to overcome emptiness... hahahaha..

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Young Tue Jun 10 2008, 13:56

Seyoung! You don't seem to be in the early twenties. When I was very young like a teenager, I didn't think about destiny. Also, I have different opinion with yours. Actually, I don't believe that my fate is already chosen. If one has a certain fate, for some cases, it is hopeless. I think the God gave human beings free will to manage our lives. However, each of us has distinctive characteristics and talents inherited by our parents. That makes each of us different. Let's try to get the utmost out of what we possess.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Sera Jung Thu Jun 12 2008, 13:46

This is so an interesting topic. Most people might have thought of their destiny once. To a certain level, I also believe that our life is already decided. But we can not deny that people have ability to make their own life better or worse and it is upto his or her will. Your topic is so interesting and gives me chances to think about that.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down