English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal Entry 3

4 posters

Go down

Journal Entry 3 Empty Journal Entry 3

Post  Younghee choi Fri Mar 28 2008, 20:36

Journal Entry 3: On the importance of laughter

I sometimes indulge in funny movies and videos. My favorite TV program is comedy show. A comedy show functions like a soothing pill to me when I watch it. I feel relaxed and refreshed. It also makes me laugh. Watching TV programs such as comedy show and sitcom as well as funny videos is one of the channels that I get laughter. We all are aware of the importance of laughter. I’d like to uplift myself by recalling the benefits of laughter in this weekly journal. Laughter gets credits for its positive influence on our physical and mental health along with its significant role in enriching relationship.

First of all, laughter makes for good health to the best of my knowledge. It is said that laughter triggers the production of chemical called endorphin, which in turn makes us feel good and relieve our stress. This hormone is like a natural medicine which does no harm to our body. Plus, when we laugh, we are elongating our life span since laughter can reduce the possibility of heart attack and other health problems. We can also benefit from laughter psychologically in that it frees us from our unnecessary agony and worries and alleviates our tension and nervousness.

Secondly, laughter is an important factor in enriching our relationship. Laughing relaxes facial muscles that can become very tense especially after drudgery and toil of the day. The laugh line in person’s face created by plenty of laughter can give us a kindly look. Having a comfortable and gentle look is important to form a good impression to others. On top of that, laughter is essential to ensure long-lasting relationship in friendship and marriage. More laughter brings us more happiness, which can lead us to build up trust in each other. In general, most people tend to like a person who has a sense of humor. A sense of humor can lift a relationship by sharing jokes with a friend and spouse.

To sum up, it is hard to enumerate all the strong points of laughing. This means the importance of laughter can never be underestimated since it is a must-have in our life. As we get old, we are less likely to laugh. With those amazing power of laughter in mind, we should make a conscious effort to laugh as much as possible no matter how things let us depressed and discouraged. This applies not only to ourselves but also to everyone around us so as to lead a worthwhile and happy life.

Last edited by Younghee choi on Fri Apr 04 2008, 19:45; edited 1 time in total
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 3 Empty Re: Journal Entry 3

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Sat Mar 29 2008, 09:13

First, congratulations on your leve-up! You really worth earning it!

I sometimes don't feel to laugh at all, and I really did before.
After my life changed a little, I became to have more occasions to laught more often.
It seems to be important to try to be happy every time and pass even infavorable situaionts with laughter.

Thank you for making me laugh once more todya with your writing!
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal Entry 3 Empty you are right

Post  Kanghoon Jang Sun Mar 30 2008, 10:28

I also try to smile these days because there is no way to be laugh in university life.. hahaha..

society get dog-eat-dog and it makes me really empty.

good thing is that I have things that make me happy and cozy. that is definately my lovely family!!!

hahahaha
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Apr 04 2008, 05:23

Younghee choi wrote:Journal Entries Week 4: On the importance of laughter

I sometimes indulge in funny movies and videos. My favorite TV program is comedy show. A comedy show functions like a soothing pill to me when I watch it. I feel relaxed and refreshed. It also makes me laugh. Watching TV programs such as comedy show and sitcom as well as funny videos is one of the channels that I get laughter. We all are aware of the importance of laughter. I’d like to uplift myself by recalling the benefits of laughter in this weekly journal. Laughter gets credits for its positive influence on our physical and mental health along with its significant role in enriching relationship.

First of all, laughter makes for good health to the best of my knowledge. It is said that laughter triggers the production of chemical called endorphin, which in turn makes us feel good and relieve our stress. This hormone is like a natural medicine which does no harm to our body. Plus, when we laugh, we are elongating our life span since laughter can reduce the possibility of heart attack and other health problems. We can also benefit from laughter psychologically in that it frees us from our unnecessary agony and worries and alleviates our tension and nervousness.

Secondly, laughter is an important factor in enriching our relationship. Laughing relaxes facial muscles that can become very tense especially after drudgery and toil of the day. The laugh line in person’s face created by plenty of laughter can give us a kindly look. Having a comfortable and gentle look is important to form a good impression to others. On top of that, laughter is essential to ensure long-lasting relationship in friendship and marriage. More laughter brings us more happiness, which can lead us to build up trust in each other. In general, most people tend to like a person who has a sense of humor. A sense of humor can lift a relationship by sharing jokes with a friend and spouse.

To sum up, it is hard to enumerate all the strong points of laughing. This means the importance of laughter can never be underestimated since it is a must-have in our life. As we get old, we are less likely to laugh. With those amazing power of laughter in mind, we should make a conscious effort to laugh as much as possible no matter how things let us depressed and discouraged. This applies not only to ourselves but also to everyone around us so as to lead a worthwhile and happy life.

Hi Younghee,

What a delightful topic for a personal journal entry! You've gone about it in a rather scientific way, actually, and I haven't seen the case for laughing more argued in this way before.

However, the main points of your composition are very uplifting. I think you've done a good job of reminding people just how important it is to laugh more, and not just for personal health...

Thanks so much,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down