English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sharing is caring (and helping oneself...)

Go down

Sharing is caring (and helping oneself...) Empty Sharing is caring (and helping oneself...)

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 02 2008, 05:52

Hi students,

Having finished the grading for the first round of lesson outlines, and now looking through the third ones, I can see that some students appear to be catching on well while others appear to be guessing a bit.

Generally speaking, I don't think you're using this online forum as effectively as you could or should be.

For example, why don't you try posting your lesson outlines here and inviting classmates to give you feedback about them? Classmates may be able to point out to you what may be missing from your approach, or compliment you on the things you appear to be covering very well. By you yourself looking at and giving feedback on your classmates' lesson outlines, you will be getting new creative ideas and different ways of looking at the lesson outline task.

Students in my other courses are really active in the forum and really make a big effort to share their efforts and help each other out. There's no doubt in my mind that this helps all the people in the class understand what they need to do, but it also creates a helpful and nurturing environment for all the students. This course appears to be lacking that great atmosphere amongst the students. However, we're only into week 5 of the course and it's not too late to start now...

Also remember that part of your overall assessment depends on your online participation.

Good luck and I'm hopeful we can see some genuine course-based interaction happening here to the benefit of all.

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down