English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sightseeing in City

4 posters

Go down

Sightseeing in City Empty Sightseeing in City

Post  bobosbong Thu Apr 03 2008, 12:02

-Written by Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jingyoung, Park Boyun, Park Juhyun, Lee Hyejin, and Ryu Jeonga
-Editted by Park Bongkyung, nickenamed bobosbong

In the 1970s and 80s, there weren't many big cities in Korea. So, most students took a school trip to the big cities like the capital, Seoul. There, students were fascinated by tall buildings, a stream of peaple, busy streets and many cars. Even an elevater was novel to capture their minds. A few of the students took off their shoes before getting on the bus.

One high school from Gangwon province went on their graduation trip to Seoul. The students took a bus to move to the next spot. They sat on the bus floor and giggled at each other. They didn't know how to pay their fares and how much it was to each person. Anyway, after getting off the bus, they were busy watching many-storied buildings in seoul. Quite often, they bumped against people on the street.

These studets thought they came to a whole new world. People nearby were walking fast, not really caring about others. In places they came from, people were very close to each other always saying hello to each other and asking questions and stuff. Students thought that this Seoul life is like a fast forwarded video tape of their own lives. Also, there were these crazy looking letters, absolutely not Korean, written 'Supermarket.' "What is that?", they thought.

This sign intrigued their curiosity. They entered the supermarket for just sightseeing. Inside was more amazing than the sign. Then, they were crossing the road. Suddenly, a big truck ran fast, hitting all of them and killed everybody except ONE student. The student thought, "I'm the sole survivor. I'm a total stranger here, having nobody to contack. What can I do now? What am I supposed to do in this disaster?"

After a while, the student felt hungry, but he felt guilty. "How cruel I am, how can I feel hungry in this chaos?" He cried and cried feeling so guilty. It went dark and he had no place to go to and no one to meet and help him. He just wandered and hung around all by himself without eating anything. He walked and walked but no one was interested in him. He couldn't see things clearly cause his tears streamed down his face. He fainted in the end and saw his dead friends and teachers in his dream, still the picture blurred. So, he couldn't read their feelings.

He came to himself and looked around. The image became clear now. It wasn't a dream. Everyone were lookind down on me with a worried look, still alive and on the bus. His homeroom teacher told him what had happened to him; he was fainted suddenly and they were on the way to hospital.

"Oh~It's a relief", he sighed.
bobosbong
bobosbong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Sightseeing in City Empty I was actually looking for this story!!

Post  Boyun Park Sun Apr 13 2008, 13:25

bobosbong wrote:-Written by Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jingyoung, Park Boyun, Park Juhyun, Lee Hyejin, and Ryu Jeonga

In the 1970s and 80s, there weren't many big cities in Korea. So, most students took a school trip to the big cities like the capital, Seoul. There, students were fascinated by tall buildings, a stream of peaple, busy streets and many cars. Even an elevater was novel to capture their minds. A few of the students took off their shoes before getting on the bus.

One high school from Gangwon province went on their graduation trip to Seoul. The students took a bus to move to the next spot. They sat on the bus floor and giggled at each other. They didn't know how to pay their fares and how much it was to each person. Anyway, after getting off the bus, they were busy watching many-storied buildings in seoul. Quite often, they bumped against people on the street.

These studets thought they came to a whole new world. People nearby were walking fast, not really caring about others. In places they came from, people were very close to each other always saying hello to each other and asking questions and stuff. Students thought that this Seoul life is like a fast forwarded video tape of their own lives. Also, there were these crazy looking letters, absolutely not Korean, written 'Supermarket.' "What is that?", they thought.

This sign intrigued their curiosity. They entered the supermarket for just sightseeing. Inside was more amazing than the sign. Then, they were crossing the road. Suddenly, a big truck ran fast, hitting all of them and killed everybody except ONE student. The student thought, "I'm the sole survivor. I'm a total stranger here, having nobody to contack. What can I do now? What am I supposed to do in this disaster?"

After a while, the student felt hungry, but he felt guilty. "How cruel I am, how can I feel hungry in this chaos?" He cried and cried feeling so guilty. It went dark and he had no place to go to and no one to meet and help him. He just wandered and hung around all by himself without eating anything. He walked and walked but no one was interested in him. He couldn't see things clearly cause his tears streamed down his face. He fainted in the end and saw his dead friends and teachers in his dream, still the picture blurred. So, he couldn't read their feelings.

He came to himself and looked around. The image became clear now. It wasn't a dream. Everyone were lookind down on me with a worried look, still alive and on the bus. His homeroom teacher told him what had happened to him; he was fainted suddenly and they were on the way to hospital.

I remeber having written one paragraph in this story but couldn't find it in other forum section .Smile The 3rd paragraph(written by me) actually is based a little bit on my own experience when I first went to live in Seoul by myself during university years. Daegu is big and busy city enough but compared to Seoul(where I wasn't accustomed to most of things), Daegu is much more smaller and cozier? homelike place to me. I do remember people nearby walking by really fast and it just seemed like a fastforwarded life to me. cheers I'm happy and satisfied living in my hometown again and sometimes enjoy going Seoul to spend time with my friends. I was worried when most students died in the middle of story but that turned out to be a dream~!! Great story Exclamation
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Sightseeing in City Empty Re: Sightseeing in City

Post  Lee Hye Jin Wed Apr 16 2008, 13:01

I am one of the people who have waited for the editted final story. Becaus I worte one of the paragraphs. ^^

It first started as a comedy and then developed as a horror. Speaking of Supermaket, when I was young, there were a lot of supermakets which was not super-sized. There were more like halls in the wall. This story reminded me of my childhood.

I am happy that this story ends happily. I was so sad when I read everyone except for me was dead.

I enjoyed. Thank you~

bobosbong wrote:-Written by Moon Namsuk, Kim Youngah, Kim Jingyoung, Park Boyun, Park Juhyun, Lee Hyejin, and Ryu Jeonga

Lee Hye Jin
Lee Hye Jin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Sightseeing in City Empty How about my students?!

Post  jihyun Wed Apr 16 2008, 18:29

I am also the one who took charge of this story^^;;;;
I am the murderer who killed everyone except just one students,,,,,,,,ㅠㅠ
I didn't want to kill that young students but there was no way(at least I couldn't think about it)
to make sudden reverse when professor asked us to make the story that way. To kill everybody is the
only choice. pale
Due to your saving everybody, however, I could relieve. Thanks. I really didn't want to kill them all.^^;
When I read this story, I think about my school students who have gone to Japan and Je-Ju island for a school
excursion. Maybe they are total stranger in that city. I am just wondering whether they are doing ok or there are any troble. I hope they can return safe with beautiful and precious memories. Very Happy
jihyun
jihyun
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Sightseeing in City Empty Re: Sightseeing in City

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down