English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What should we change?

4 posters

Go down

What should we change? Empty What should we change?

Post  han Fri Apr 04 2008, 12:10

Most of students who is studying English to be a English teacher are going to be againt Mr.Lee's Policy whether they agree or not, because it's a problem that they are now being faced.

First of all, one thing you should know is that I don't think Lee's policy is good, and I don't like his policy. It seems a visual policy which can shows result very easily to people to win popularity.

The reason why I'm writing this is to tell that English education in Korea shoule be changed even though Lee's policy is wrong. Actually we, Korean students, don't speak English well considering long time which we've learned English since middle school.

We need to change someting. Something what?

Do you have any suggestion?
han
han
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

What should we change? Empty hum...

Post  Jeong,HyoJin Fri Apr 04 2008, 19:14

I also thought Lee's policy is wrong and too sudden.

But when I read an article about Finland English Education,
I've thought Lee's policy is not wrong, maybe we can do that.

Whenever we do something at first, there are some problems, of course.
But if we overcome it repeatedly, we can get incredible success.

So, what we can change is using English more frequently during English class.
I mean, if we use English 50 % in class, next time we should use English 60%.

And we can make comfortable learning environment.
Today, I thought we don't have to teach English in classroom.
If we teach English once in classroom, next time we can teach out of the classroom.
How about teaching in a park, cafe or some sightseeing places?
Actually, for that students number has to be small. ^^;;

Anyway,
Does anybody have other suggestions? Very Happy
Jeong,HyoJin
Jeong,HyoJin
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

What should we change? Empty I agree with you.

Post  Hyun a Ji Sat Apr 05 2008, 14:30

We have to change.
In public schools, students don't like English much. They don't think English is not intersting but difficult. We should use many kinds of material;game, movie. It can motivate them. They could like English. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

What should we change? Empty I'd like to share my idea.

Post  Byung-keun Son Sat Apr 05 2008, 18:30

First, thank you for posting the nice topic to talk about, Han!
Hmm, One aspect that I want to highligth is, as you mentioned, about the reason why we, Korean English learners, can't speak English even though we have been spending a significant time for English. Probablly many of you shall agree, the problem lies in a educational enviornment at Korean school.

Mostly, English is regarded as a burden subject for many students that they have to do to enter into a good high school or universtiy. And I felt the same, back in I was a middle and high student. The reason for me was(I think this is common to most students) that except taking a test and participating classroom activities, English was useless for my life. There was a no place to use my English and no one to talk to in English. I think this is a really important problem that our educational environment is not enough to promote students to learn English for themselves not for the reason; "English is a mandatory for my better life in the future." English should be a part of their life through the educational environment which make students realize the practical use of English.

Therefore, in my opinion, we should make more place to use English at a school and English teacher should be the person who can talk to students in English whenever students wanted. This is the my small opinion: Change the educational environment so that students realized the need of English naturally.

Thank you very much for spending your time to read my opinion! And I'd like to hear what you think about this and get more creative ideas from you all!!

Byungkeun
Byung-keun Son
Byung-keun Son
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

What should we change? Empty Re: What should we change?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down