English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP4] What needs to be done to improve English Education in Korea?

Go down

[OP4] What needs to be done to improve English Education in Korea? Empty [OP4] What needs to be done to improve English Education in Korea?

Post  Jihye Park Tue Apr 08 2008, 20:18

The world is more globalized, English get more important and English in Korea is not the exception. Add this situation, as new government appears, the importance in English in Korea goes almost to extremes. At this moment, I think more native teachers are needed here.

Firstly, it is enough motivation for students who want to study English. In my case, before I met native speaker teacher, I hadn't been interested in English at all but after meeting them I became getting interested in English naturally. I wanted to talk more and know more about them.

And also, through them I'd learned western cultures a lot. This is very important cause we can say that culture is same with lanuage. When I was high school student, there was a teacher who came from USA and she talked us about her daily life. One example was about the food. Whenever she went to the theater she had coke and pop-corn which was huge. She said comparing korea's, every food was bigger. More I hear her , I got absorbed in western culture.

Last, more native teachers can help English teachers who are Korean immediately. If they make errors in grammar or don't know about western culture, they can immediately help them to modify. Of course it will make their qualities higher and conclusionally make students' English ability.

In conclusion, to improve English education in Korea, we need more native speaker teachers. The first reason is that students can easily get interested in English communicating with them. Second is that they can know about western's culture naturally and last is that native speaker teachers can help English teachers who are Korean.

Last edited by Jihye Park on Sun Apr 13 2008, 19:12; edited 1 time in total
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

[OP4] What needs to be done to improve English Education in Korea? Empty Re: [OP4] What needs to be done to improve English Education in Korea?

Post  Jihye Park Tue Apr 08 2008, 20:28

Crying or Very sad
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down