English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week

+9
Cho Jun-woo
Inkab
Kanghoon Jang
Jongwoo
Bae Sung-han
Hwan Ki, Kim
Seyoung Yoon
HyejinJeon
Jason Renshaw
13 posters

Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week

Post  Jason Renshaw Tue Mar 11 2008, 20:31

Hello dear students,

My parents arrived today from Australia and they will be staying here with us for one week. They haven't been to Korea since I got married 5 years ago, and they have been painfully parted from their little grandson for more than 15 months, so this is a rather special time for me and my family.

So please be a little patient and understand that I may not be able to give you a lot of personal feedback about your work over the next week. In addition to hosting my family, I need to spend 3 hours every day driving to and from Daegu (I live in Changwon in Kyungnam province). I'm not sure if you noticed, but I also design and write all my own original materials for my classes, so that involves a lot of time for preparation as well.

I pride myself on giving every one of my students individualized attention and feedback. You will see this starting from the end of next week when my family returns to Australia.

In the meantime, please show some patience. I will return such understanding in kind, when you have exams, teaching practicums, job interviews or personal family issues. A good teacher-student relationship is based on consideration and give and take, so let's understand and help each other.

By the way, I think my students at KNU are the best - the absolute bee's knees (so to speak). I really enjoy teaching all of you.

That's it for now. Take care and I can't wait to see you all in class again soon.

Best wishes,

~ Jason
Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Great time!

Post  HyejinJeon Wed Mar 12 2008, 12:56

I know how you feel. I live in Daegu which is not my hometown.
I meet my family once or twice a month. My situation is much better than your.
I think everyone is paient, so you don't have to worried.
Anyway, have a great time!
See you tomorrow~!

Sincerely

HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Little bit tough to reply..

Post  Seyoung Yoon Wed Mar 12 2008, 20:11

I'm not accustomed how to use this site.
So I spent 3 minutes to find the right way..

Anyway, That's good for you to meet your parents!
I cannot bear if I don't hear my mom's voice everyday~

You seem to miss your parents.. (Actually, I do.)

Have a nice time! and see you tomorrow~
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Bravo!

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Wed Mar 12 2008, 20:53

Bravo that you have family reunion!
I guess nothing is more important than family itself.
It was kind of sad to see your tired face from long way driving today.
Thank you that you spare time for our classes.

Drive Safe Jason!
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Family reunion!!

Post  Bae Sung-han Thu Mar 13 2008, 09:32

You are already happy with the news, aren't you?
Good for you.
You have stayed here for 7 years, so you know a lot of places to visit with your family. It will be fantastic!!

Tell them my regards and have a woderful time in Deagu and other places in Korea.
I hope that your family will not experience yellow dust.
Even if they do, explain it to your family.
See you tonight.
Bae Sung-han
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty No need to ask for it.

Post  Jongwoo Thu Mar 13 2008, 14:37

You have parents visiting from Australia. Of course, it is totally understandable. Family comes first, right?

Actually, it would be too much to expect a personal feedback on every work we write, considering the size of the class -- a composition class of 25 students! I am impressed at your sincerity and hardworking. It has been just two weeks since the beginning of this class, yet I am left with a stack of customized lessons. Moreover, you commute long distances. Wow, you make me feel assured that my writing will improve significantly by the end of this semester. I really appreciate your dedication to enhancing our writing skills. Thank you!

I sincerely hope that you and your parents have wonderful time together during their stay here.
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Wow! I can post my things on your lovely home!

Post  Kanghoon Jang Thu Mar 13 2008, 16:40

Wow! finally I can post what I want to write on your endearing homepage!
I am impressed at your efforts to do for our classes
and I think you are one of the most hard-working people I've ever met.

I can feel something that I can't explain to other people when I meet the people who have energies to do whatever they can do. Well, I consider you as one of those who have something that other people do not
have in some ways. That's why I am happy and cozy when I am in the classroom, also I want to say something
about what you are going to eagerly and sincerely with my strong willingness of speaking English.
Last thing is that thank you so much to let me join your classes.

It is a good thing that your family come vist you in here. I definately understand how you feel when you meet them because my sister has been staying in the state as graduated students since last year. If I meet her, I would be same as you in every ways. I also miss her so much but we have to get it over until we can meet again! I think that is life going on isn't it?

I sincerely hope that you have hilarious time with them in your cozy home.
Don't worry that you have to put your opinions about what other students post in your homepage.
They totally understand in your situation and they already knew how you are
and what kind of personalities you have based on your words out of your mouth in the classroom.
If people blame to you, please call me as your knights. I think I could protect you!

have a fubulous weekend then!
take care and say hello to your all family!
bye!
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty parents go first!

Post  Inkab Thu Mar 13 2008, 20:21

I already feel sorry for your parents being apart from their dearest grandson.
By the way your son's eyes are 10 times bigger than my boy. What a sad reality!

You must have a great time with your family without thinking about us.
According to Korean tradition, parents go first, second would be the wife and son, and third or forth would be the concern about the job.

So far your class is one of the best I've ever taken. I believe those excellene and devotion don't go away with just a week of slowness.

Enjoy your time~

Last edited by Inkab on Fri Mar 14 2008, 20:25; edited 1 time in total
Inkab
Inkab
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Have a great time!

Post  Cho Jun-woo Fri Mar 14 2008, 13:06

I didn't notice that. I hope you can have a good time with your family!
Cho Jun-woo
Cho Jun-woo
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty I understand how you feel.

Post  Hyun a Ji Fri Mar 14 2008, 18:13

I understand how you feel. My hometown is Ulsan. I go to my hometown about once a week. Thus I'm in my hometown now. I feel comfortable with my family.

We understand your situation. Just have a good time with your family. I hope your family have a good memory in Korea.

Good bye.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty I envy you..

Post  Younghee choi Fri Mar 14 2008, 22:33

It's good to have your parents around.
My family missed the chance to travel together because of my father's serious illness.

I always thank you for your hard-working and passion to help us become good writers.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Totally understand you..

Post  Jihye Park Sun Mar 16 2008, 10:25

Above all,
NOW i can understand what you've said in the last class and of course, your situation as well!
I think it doesn't matter at all. Actually, you don't need to respond 1-1 everytime and i really appreciate you
to teach us eagerly like that.
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Did you have a good time?

Post  AmyJun Sun Mar 16 2008, 20:07

How was the time with your family??
I'm really sure that you and your family had a gooood time at here~
See you tomorrow in class Smile
AmyJun
AmyJun
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week Empty Re: Important message from Jason... Please be a little understanding for the next week

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down