English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP5 Bebefits and limitations of online learning applications

3 posters

Go down

OP5 Bebefits and limitations of online learning applications Empty OP5 Bebefits and limitations of online learning applications

Post  Jung namsook Thu May 01 2008, 11:08

Living in the 21st century, a growing number of students in Korea are, in fact, taking online classes. They are more getting burden of academic performance. Moreover, Korean students are obsessed with a foreign language education. Due to those environmental positions, they do look forward to online learning applications. When I consider Korean educational backgrounds, I can see there seem to have some strong persuasive points, there still exist some weaknesses, though.

Online learning makes it possible to take a lesson all over the world. Students who had been preparing for a teachers exam had no access to competent instructors at hand before. They should have willingly taken a ride to Seoul to take some classes from popular professors. When my sister was studying for a teachers exam, she was headed for Seoul every weekend. She would tell me that commuting long hours was one of the most difficult things that shes ever taken throughout the time. On the other hand, I also find some weaknesses in online learning. From my experience, I cannot concentrate on studying without a teacher and other classmates in person. I find myself to be readily distracted unlike resolutions at first hand. I do need some real eye contact and understanding between students and teachers.

Another benefit of the Internet learning is that its just perfect for a business man. There are more and more advanced technologies for human beings. With a small amount of money, its available to get portable utilities to take a class everywhere. Many of businessmen should go on business trip and its almost not possible to study on off line settings. However, they should be ready to study and learn for the development of the industry. Since a constant and regular preparation should precede their work, quite a lot of businessmen could take advantage of a wide selection of the Internet learning applications. Nonetheless, we sometimes face with serious problems with online system. It would cause some problems without any notice in advance. Unlike learning from a real teacher, we have no choice but to stop learning for the time being. Unluckily, it happens very often to online learners.

The other benefit of online learning applications lies in exposing to further useful and helpful information during the class or just right after class. Upon noting some program units making a student frustrated, students themselves can review the unit over and over replaying the lecture. When finding some parts one cannot follow, one will be able to figure out through reliable information online on the spot. In learning at school with a number of students at one classroom, students dont feel comfortable to ask any question to a teacher. Yet, I should say, most seriously, that there are huge inducing materials students to go off. Regardless of their willing, students easily see unnecessary but so interesting and exciting banners online. With just one click, they are led to fail to keep studying.

Every coin has both sides, just like online learning has fruitful results as well as fatal disadvantages. Moreover, its impossible to deny how many advantages there exist in online learning. Education should be ongoing work not a tentative work so we cannot but depend on the technology. I think the thing is that how we can overcome the weaknesses wisely and balance between online and offline learning. If so, we can expect more fruitful education settings both for students and teachers.

Last edited by Jung namsook on Mon May 05 2008, 13:13; edited 1 time in total
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP5 Bebefits and limitations of online learning applications Empty Re: OP5 Bebefits and limitations of online learning applications

Post  Young Thu May 01 2008, 18:00

It's very surprising to see your huge vocabulary ability, even not first time.
Although this was timed, instant task, your ability is incredible.
I like your proper examples to support your main ideas. I just thought this topic is related to English learners.
I could see how much you read through your style of sentences and very advanced words.
That urges me read English articles right now. Very Happy
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP5 Bebefits and limitations of online learning applications Empty Re: OP5 Bebefits and limitations of online learning applications

Post  Sera Jung Fri May 09 2008, 13:42

Your organization of this essay is what I could not think of. You suggested some advantages and disadvantages of online learning at the sametime in one paragraph. This organization makes me feel that your writing is so clear to compare some good and bad points of this learning that I could understand your points better.
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down