English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Journal 5- Live in the present moment.

+2
Youn Sujin
Ji hye Lim
6 posters

Go down

Journal 5- Live in the present moment. Empty Journal 5- Live in the present moment.

Post  Ji hye Lim Mon May 26 2008, 05:29

Recently, I read Richard Carlson's best seller , Shortcut through therapy, . His book really impressed me. He suggest various condition of happiness in his book. Among them, the most memorable suggestion is " live in the present moment".

While this may seem like as a matter of course. However, many people, myself included, are often live future or past actually. We live in the present as mechanical time but we usually focus on past or future. I also spend a lot of time to regret past or worry about future. Present fade out all the while we care about past and future. This is totally stupid thing. No matter how often we think about the past, We can't change past. Most trouble which we expect to happen, will not happen actually.

"live in the present moment", this is very simple and clear suggestion but it's very hard to live like this. From now, I will try to focus present. If I do my best every moment, I can make wonderful future and I will have no regret about past.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 5- Live in the present moment. Empty Re: Journal 5- Live in the present moment.

Post  Youn Sujin Wed May 28 2008, 14:57

Actually, I've living in the future, just daydreaming. Sometimes I think I'm too optimistic about the future. Living in the present seems to be simple, yet it's not that easy to do my best at the moment. Anyway, You learned an important thing! I'd like to read that book.
Youn Sujin
Youn Sujin
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 5- Live in the present moment. Empty Re: Journal 5- Live in the present moment.

Post  Kanghoon Jang Wed May 28 2008, 21:05

Well, you are right but it is not easy to live at present because we always think about our future. As one of the people who are always struggle to get out of the poor, I always live with constant efforts to make my future flourish. Therefore, I can't live at present. However, Now, I achieve partially my dream so I try to enjoy my life. Ironically, I want to get back to my old life that I always make efforts do something better and think about my future as much as I can. At least to me, it is not easy to find the balance points bewteen enjoying my life and thinking about future at present right now!

I hope that everyone can enjoy their life with dreams.

Sincerely,

Kanghoon
Kanghoon Jang
Kanghoon Jang
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Post  Jongwoo Mon Jun 02 2008, 21:24

"Live in the present moment" These words inspired me with redoubled courage. So far, I have spent a great deal of time regretting what I've done wrong in the past or worrying about the future. Yes, it is NOW that I live. Your writing is truly enlighting, delivering this simple, yet valuable, lesson that is too often forgetten. Thank you for your insight!
Jongwoo
Jongwoo
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Journal 5- Live in the present moment. Empty Almost of worries won't happen in the future.

Post  Seyoung Yoon Wed Jun 04 2008, 11:12

I heard from some scientist that 90% of our fear of anxieties is our of my hands even it happens, the rest of them is impossible to happen, and very minor part-maybe 1 or 2 percent of the total- is the thing that can happen. However even the the case which can happen is within our abilities. When I heard this saying first, I was shocked. Because I totally agree with his thought. We are always worried about our past or future. Present is the time to organize the future or regret the past. However, even the future we desired have already come true, we cannot enjoy the the time realized for we need to organize another future in that time too. Isn't it funny? But it is the real condition we are in!
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyun a Ji Mon Jun 09 2008, 16:31

You're right! I heard "HERE AND NOW" so many times. But it is too hard that I didn't think about another good time in past or other people in good situation. We usually lucky person who has lots of fortunes and good appearance in drama. It's also hard to enjoy present when I have tough exam like now. Very Happy
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down