English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope

+4
itchyfeet51
Younghee choi
Seyoung Yoon
Ji hye Lim
8 posters

Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope

Post  Ji hye Lim Sun Mar 16 2008, 21:07

This is my short essay about fear and hope.

I fear to think about my precarious future. I haven't prepare well for my future, even I haven't find what I really want to do.
Although I'm a student of the college of education, I can't assure that teaching someone is my way. I haven't decide anything for my future. However, it seems that time flies, I'm all anxiety whenever I think about my twenties already has gone half the time. These days, I even can't sleep well because of this anxiety. I really envy some friends who already find their goal and strive to achieve it.

My greatest hope is to find specific goal for my future. I also always pray for my family and friends to be health and happy.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:47; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty You are similar to me!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Mar 17 2008, 16:41

Your fear is quite similar to mine..;;
Neither do I. I also don't know whether this is my way.
However I believe there would be my destined career and the chance to achieve it.
What I can do now is just preparing to be able to catch the chance when it arrives.
Why don't you prepare your future like me?
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty Just try your best and you will find a way..

Post  Younghee choi Mon Mar 17 2008, 19:50

I reflect on my twenties when I spent time searching for what I really want to do and what I actually can do. It is still going on.
What matters is to do your best in every moment.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty Struggling now is not in vain.

Post  itchyfeet51 Wed Mar 19 2008, 10:56

I also had difficulty with finding my way. Actually at that time I thought it was really waste of time but as time went by I could realize that the time I struggled was good footing for setting my firm goal. You're already on the way. Don't be afraid and keep going! Basketball
itchyfeet51
itchyfeet51
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty Ji Hye's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri Mar 21 2008, 06:30

Hi Ji Hye,

I enjoyed reading your very genuine and heartfelt response to the topic. I think you've expressed yourself very well! You shouldn't be worried if you haven't found your goal yet. Goals tend to change a lot especially while you're at and then immediately after university. It took me a little time to come around to the realization that my destiny lies in teaching, and before that I did a variety of other jobs and studied in various fields. All of your experience and knowledge will help you in the end, no matter what it is you eventually decide to do. So enjoy the trip and the scenery you see along the way!

You could improve this writing by leaving a clear line break after your introductory sentence, and including something in it about your greatest hope, to show the contrast between the two and addressing the topic fully.

I also would have liked to see you explore the notion of your hope more. Your response here is a little too focused on your fear and not enough on your hopes!

However, it's a very good start and I have a lot of confidence in your ability to write well in the future.

Below you'll see some suggestions relevant to your language development:

Ji hye Lim wrote:This is my short essay about fear and hope.

I fear to think about my precarious future. Question I haven't prepare well for my future, even I haven't find what I really want to do.
Question Although I'm a student of the college of education, I can't assure that teaching someone is my way. I haven't decide anything for my future. However, it seems that time flies, I'm all anxiety whenever I think about my twenties already has gone half the time. These days, I even can't sleep well because of this anxiety. Question I really envy some friends who already find their goal and strive to achieve it.

My greatest hope is to find specific goal for my future. I also always pray for my family and friends to be health and happy.

Cool I haven't prepared well for my future, and I haven't even found what I really want to do.

Cool Although I'm a student of the college of education, I can't be assured that teaching people is my way in life

Cool I really envy some friends who have already found their goal and are striving to achieve it.

It was nice to read your thoughts. I'm looking forward to your next writing effort.

Take care,

~ Jason

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Mon Mar 24 2008, 21:24; edited 1 time in total
Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty Re: OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Fri Mar 21 2008, 19:46

We all go through the same track like you do. With lots of sleepless nights, you'll find your way one by one. Just don't hurry, take some time, and believe in the power in yourself.
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty Re: OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope

Post  Sera Jung Mon Mar 24 2008, 17:47

The fear about uncertain is what most people have. But I think this is another good side of life. Because of this characteristic, We can do our best at every single moment not to miss any chances I meet. So It is better have positive thought on it
Sera Jung
Sera Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

OP1: my deepest fear and my greatest hope Empty We have a same problem.

Post  HyejinJeon Mon Mar 24 2008, 19:18

I think we are students, so everything is undecided yet.
However, if we stop worrying about our future and prepare what we want to do step by setp, a wonderful future will wait for us. I'm sure!

At first, we decide our goal. This is the first thing which we consider.
Also, cheer up! Everything will be fine Very Happy
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down