English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[OP10]

Go down

[OP10] Empty [OP10]

Post  Hyun a Ji Thu Jun 05 2008, 07:04

[OP10]
Consider the following statement:
It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why or why not? Use reasons and examples to support your opinion.

When I was elementary school, I had to go school afternoon. Because our school didn’t have much teacher to teach every students, they divided two class; morning class, afternoon class. Even if they divided two class, I took the class with about fifty students. I didn’t have memory to interact with teacher too much. In Korea, even now, every teacher should teach an average of 35 students in a class. It should be changed for all the students and teachers in Korea.

Firstly, teacher can’t concentrate on every student in class. Because teacher doesn’t have double eye, they couldn’t see what every students are doing. That’s why most student go private institute. Their parents think teachers couldn’t each students carefully because of the student to teacher ration in each class. It is surely true. For example, when I did teachers practicum, I couldn’t help communicate with student who I already know. I felt it is very hard to administrate large class, teaching. It makes teachers inprofessional. So parents want tutor who could teach only their children. It is very serious problem, because it makes parents are getting more rely on private institute than public school.

Secondly, it makes teachers do too much administrative work. Teachers should not only teach students but also administrate their grade, improvement sequence and many things. For instance, Because of lots of administrarive work, teacher couldn’t prepare well-organized lesson. Lots of students in class make teachers faint.

Last of all, when they conducted in multimedia teaching, it could be difficult to learn every students. Because of lots of students in a class, online learning is not effective work but making them distracted. For example, when teachers teach using multimedia teaching, students could see not screen but text message in cellurar phone. Lots of students in a class made multi-media teaching ineffective.

In conclusion, government should be know reality in school. They have to decide to employ lots of teachers. It helps both students and parents; parents don't have to pay private institute anymore.
Hyun a Ji
Hyun a Ji
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down