English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP10: Agree/disagree with low student teacher ratio.

Go down

OP10: Agree/disagree with low student teacher ratio. Empty OP10: Agree/disagree with low student teacher ratio.

Post  Jung namsook Sun Jun 08 2008, 18:13

OP10: Consider the following statement:
It is impossible to implement effective English language instruction in Korean schools on account of the student to teacher ratio in each class.
Do you agree or disagree with this statement? Why or Why not? Use reasons and examples to support your opinion.

Overall student-teacher ratio has improved significantly over the past decades, but the class is still packed with too many students. I’ve seen that classes with too many students are very often disrupting to education. Students are from diverse fields with varying degrees of learning ability. Therefore, smaller class can lead into higher student achievement. In that way, I agree with a low student teacher ratio in terms of making students more active, stimulating students’ potentials and more interacting with students.

First, a smaller class will encourage students to lean forward in the saddle and self-leading in the class. When thinking about mixed proficiency of students’ ability, a lower student ratio can benefit student and help learn more. In a private school, there seem very low students in English class compared to high student teacher ratio in public school. The students in private schools, they are being taught in lively classroom environment and the teachers will be responding for each student’s curiosity. Students also feel comfortable in that they can ask any timely questions they want to know. Otherwise they could not develop their intellectual ability.

Second, a low-ratio student class makes more feasible to develop students’ ability than a high student teacher ratio class. In reality, teachers are far from playing a role of drawing student’s potentials. In a current secondary school, all students are studying the same kind of subjects. Students also don’t think about much of work they can do better. Most of the students are considered to take a similar route, graduating from high school and going to college. It means that there are too many students to be cared individually in the class. Consequently, a large number of students in a class are frustrated without knowing what they really have to study otherwise they might be able to develop their talents.

Last, a low student teacher ratio makes it possible for student and teacher to frequently communicate with each other. Every class therefore has a homeroom teacher whose duty is to cope with students’ personal matters as well as counseling academic difficulties. In a big class, it is impossible for one teacher to listen and talk with over 35 students. In fact, teachers aren’t available for the time realistically even when students have to decide what to study in college and seek for some advice from a home room teacher. They can’t share much time to talk about a significant thing. On the other hand, When I took care of a class of ten students in a language school, my students and I could regularly put some time for each student and I could hear of their worries, personal occasions and so on. Ten of my students had come to have more intimate relationship with me; I thought that it was amazing.

In conclusion, a low student teacher ratio in a class has been creating much better results. Students and teachers would build up close relationship unlike the classroom packed with many students. Small class students can be so active that they can ask any question and figure out what they want to know. In addition to leading acting students in the class, the class will hold up students to develop their potential because they can be more cared and learn by teachers. In the end, it will be a fundamental basement to make a successful class.
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down