English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

(op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills?

4 posters

Go down

(op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills? Empty (op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills?

Post  Ji hye Lim Sun Jun 08 2008, 18:15

To date, most of the English language instruction carried out in public schools has been oriented around reading and grammar skills. How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills?

I have learned English from middle school to highschool in public education system. During these times, I was usually taught how to read in English or grammar. So I'm good at reading and grammar comparatively. However I still terrible about speaking or writing. This is not just my case. Most of Korean students think that writing and speaking is very difficult. Students can't learn various skill under our English education system. Then how can we develop various English skill adequately in public school?

First, Devide English class into five. To be a good at English, we must good at these five skills which are speaking, reading, writing, listening and grammar. Until now, we usually focus on reading and grammar. So our English ability is like lame. Let's devide class and give equal time to each class. Then five skill will be developed adequately.

Second, Suggest various test to students. Present test, just request students reading skill, grammar and listening. So students usually focus on learning these skills. There is no more stimulant to study for students than test.

Last but not least, teacher must build their ability about five skills. I think that most of the present teachers feel heavy burden to teach writing or speaking. Because their generation learned same way with us, Maybe more poor surounding, So they also couldn't have many chance to develop their speaking or writing.

I suggest three way for make more balanced skill during class. first one is devided English class into five, Second one is suggest various test to students and last one is teacher must build their ability about five skills. If we do these three ways, I believe that Korean students' English is no more lame.
Ji hye Lim
Ji hye Lim
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

(op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills? Empty Hi Jihye

Post  Jung namsook Sun Jun 08 2008, 21:04

I can feel for you as to a better assessment and a teacher fully prepared for teaching all English skills. Moreover, I think your introduction paragraph is a good flow. Actually, mine is too vague and extensive to be a proper introduction. I'am always concerned about going straing to introduction part. It's fully because I'm poor at thinking logically. That's my big problem. I really need your honest feedback. Bye!
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

(op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills? Empty Re: (op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills?

Post  Ju-mi,Im Mon Jun 09 2008, 12:47

I think your second opinion, various tests which include many skills, is well-reflected in real educational situation. In some case, it is a pity not to avoid our circumstance which is focused on only the exam to enter the university. However it looks like good way to improve efficiency.
Ju-mi,Im
Ju-mi,Im
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

(op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills? Empty Also..

Post  HyejinJeon Mon Jun 09 2008, 23:33

I think we are the next generation of English teacher, so we are so important. Very Happy
I wish there are smaller classes and various test when we become a teacher.
HyejinJeon
HyejinJeon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

(op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills? Empty Re: (op8)How do you think the next generation of teachers in Korea could ensure that teaching approaches incorporate a more even balance (and integration) of skills?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down