English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Video News Assignment (follow up application to Video News #2 from March 20)

Go down

Video News Assignment (follow up application to Video News #2 from March 20) Empty Video News Assignment (follow up application to Video News #2 from March 20)

Post  Jason Renshaw Thu Mar 27 2008, 14:05

Hello students,

Thank you all very much for posting your opinions and predictions in response to the video news stories. You all have such interesting things to say based on well thought out perspectives. I've really enjoyed reading your responses.

As you all know, a good portion of your overall score depends on participation - including how well you participate in this online forum. Basically the best way to increase your score in this section is to interact and participate more.

Based on that, for the next week I am setting an assignment for all students to look back at the news stories from March 20, and also the posts that other students have composed based on a news story of their choice. I would like you to respond to as many other students as possible, indicating what you think of their opinions (be polite and considerate, please!) and also their predictions. Do do this, just go to the post another student has written and click on "QUOTE". Then you can place your comments under the quoted text so it is clear who you are responding to.

If you would like to see how well this works and benefits the class, skip over to the English Composition Skills forum and look at the way the students are responding to each other. Not only are they practicing their English skills in a very active way, they are lifting the morale of their fellow students AND increasing their chances of a good participation score in that course.

I look forward to seeing and reading your responses to each other's opinions and predictions.

Best of luck with it!

~ Jason

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Fri Mar 28 2008, 05:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Extra note about using the "QUOTE" function...)
Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down