English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Role model for online participation

+7
Kang Eunmi
bakbann
inmyheart479
eunjin39
Bae Sung-han
Kim Jin-Young
Jason Renshaw
11 posters

Go down

Role model for online participation Empty Role model for online participation

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 02 2008, 21:31

Do you think you've been working hard and participating well online in this forum?

Really?

Take a look at this lady:

http://englishadvance.niceboards.org/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=31

Do you want a perfect score for your participation in this course? Best you take a leaf out of that lady's book...

Do and be your best by sharing your best. Very Happy

Take care,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty unbelievable.

Post  Kim Jin-Young Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:22

She posted 52 writings!
Kim Jin-Young
Kim Jin-Young
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty Re: Role model for online participation

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 02 2008, 22:27

Kim Jin-Young wrote:She posted 52 writings!

Yes, and several of those were extended essays... The rest were her considerate and well thought-out feedback responses to classmates about their writing efforts.

I have little doubt that her English is improving faster than anyone else in any of the forums here. You get out what you put in, so to speak, and the seeds of your English success are already inside you...

Take care,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty Re: Role model for online participation

Post  Bae Sung-han Thu Apr 03 2008, 05:26

Jason Renshaw wrote:
Kim Jin-Young wrote:She posted 52 writings!

Yes, and several of those were extended essays... The rest were her considerate and well thought-out feedback responses to classmates about their writing efforts.

I have little doubt that her English is improving faster than anyone else in any of the forums here. You get out what you put in, so to speak, and the seeds of your English success are already inside you...

Take care,

~ Jason

From time to time, I am frustrated due to the fact that I can feel my limitation, but in a different way, if I come over it, I am sure my competence in English will be definitely improved in some other time with patience. Thank you for your huge support. You are the man!
Bae Sung-han
Bae Sung-han
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty Her passion!!

Post  eunjin39 Thu Apr 03 2008, 13:25

Her Passion touches me!
I've seen that lady in person, and she seemed really passionate..
eunjin39
eunjin39
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty Thank you.

Post  inmyheart479 Sat Apr 05 2008, 23:09

Jason Renshaw wrote:Do you think you've been working hard and participating well online in this forum?

Really?

Take a look at this lady:

http://englishadvance.niceboards.org/profile.forum?mode=viewprofile&u=31

Do you want a perfect score for your participation in this course? Best you take a leaf out of that lady's book...

Do and be your best by sharing your best. Very Happy

Take care,

~ Jason

Hi, Jason.
To be honest with you, writing an article and responding to feedback in a timely manner has been a pain in the neck to me even though it might no big deal to someone else. Interestingly enough, however, I find myself enjoying this online activites as I put more time and effort into writing my own articles and sharing thoughts with others. Thank you very much. Very Happy
inmyheart479
inmyheart479
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  bakbann Mon Apr 07 2008, 07:38

Wow, like you said, I thought I worked hard, but compared to her, I did nothing. Embarassed
I should participate more actively.
bakbann
bakbann
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty It's not an excuse but...

Post  Kang Eunmi Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:06

Indeed, it's really difficult to make time to participate through online, because my daughter is still very young. (only 13 months)
I also have a job and I should take care of her and do some house chores everyday.
As you know, married women especailly in Korea should be a suprewomem.
These days, I really envy single women. Never marry then you don't have to stay up at midnight like me while my baby sleeps!!! pale
Kang Eunmi
Kang Eunmi
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Jason Renshaw Wed Apr 09 2008, 22:36

Kang Eunmi wrote:Indeed, it's really difficult to make time to participate through online, because my daughter is still very young. (only 13 months)
I also have a job and I should take care of her and do some house chores everyday.
These days, I really envy single women. Never marry then you don't have to stay up at midnight like me while my baby sleeps!!! pale

Hi Eunmi,

Thanks for your efforts in this course. I really do understand how tough it must be for you to balance work, parenting, household and study all at the same time. I'm certainly aware and appreciative of your efforts.

I find it interesting that you've managed to contribute here quite regularly (and thoughtfully), whereas class members younger than you, unencumbered by marriage or children, have posted only once or twice in the forum, and missed classes. Rest assured that I miss nothing when it comes time for assessment...

By the way, my wife thinks you have absolutely the coolest avatar picture in the whole forum!

Take care and don't hesitate to contact me if you need consideration with managing your study load.

Best regards,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty Like kang eun-mi

Post  kim young-ah Mon Apr 14 2008, 10:43

Dear Jason,,

Hi...
Like eun-mi ,as you know, i'm also a housewife and it means i should be a ultra super woman.. nowadays i really envy a single person..
I want to enjoy my study but nowadays, even though i try to do my best, you wouldn't be satisfied with me /us. After school, when i got the home, i had to clean up the house, take care of my children, prepare for my son's school class, and so on... I feel my health limitation. Besides, i am older than other classmates and my passion is within myself. Actually, last class you announced mid-term exam schedule and then i felt much burden. That's why one day is 24 hours and i have many things to do in a day including my study and particularly listening video news is very hard homework for me because i have to make my 29-month-old baby sleep. After my baby slept, i have my time at midnight. And the next morning i have to get up at least 7 a.m. Sorry to say such a thing. But ....
I will do my best as long as i can. Please understand my situation...

best regard,
young
kim young-ah
kim young-ah
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty hey! I love you~ :)

Post  sunnypine Mon Apr 14 2008, 18:43

Kang Eunmi wrote:Indeed, it's really difficult to make time to participate through online, because my daughter is still very young. (only 13 months)

HEY!! you are doing great!! Cool I think you are being a good mother, student, and friend!! I'm so glad to get to know you at school. I think our ideas about education, society, and so on are so similar, so I like to talk to you!! I think we can have good conversation~ and have deep discussion about serious things too. Anyways, let's keep up!! We can help eachother! pig
sunnypine
sunnypine
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Mi Jin Jeong Tue Apr 15 2008, 10:09

She is doing great.

Although I feel disappointed with my English ability and depressed sometimes, I need to be more bent upon these activities than I've been doing so far. I'll follow her examples.
Thanks.

Last edited by Mi Jin Jeong on Tue Apr 15 2008, 19:11; edited 2 times in total
Mi Jin Jeong
Mi Jin Jeong
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty I admire her passion~!

Post  Boyun Park Tue Apr 15 2008, 10:56

Dear Jason,

wow, I do admire her passion Very Happy She must be a very attentive student!!
I try to come online and participate more often but that turned out to be much harder than I expected.
Being a young(?)housewife, having a full-time job(I will resign from the company in a month or so:) which will offer me some more time to particiapte in studying), and student isn't as easy as I had hoped. I see some responses from married women that they want to be single sometimes Wink well, I'm not sure of that yet Question maybe cause I don't have any young child to wake me up tilll late at night Question but I sure do agree about having more house chores to do compared to my single days. It still takes me quite long time to finish house works since I'm yet awkward in doing so Very Happy Moreover, it could be cause of pregnancy or spring effort syndrome(is that a right expression? ^^), but I get so sleepy often and I sure feel myself less active than before!! Exclamation

Hopefully, I'll push myself more to participate online and in class. I admire your passion to teaching and also much effort to preparing the class! I'll find more time to pay attention on studying Smile

Sincerely,
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Boyun Park
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Role model for online participation Empty I'm almost crying...

Post  Kang Eunmi Wed Apr 16 2008, 23:37

Jason.

I really appreciated your encouraging message. I didn't expect that you can understand my difficulties as a student, a mom and a worker.

And after reading your message for me, I can be more confident student.

Actually, I'm a little stressed to do many things at the same time and I can't balance well.

But as you show your trust in me, I'll try to show my efforts in your class.

thanks, Jason!!!
Kang Eunmi
Kang Eunmi
Flyer
Flyer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down