English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP4:What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country?

2 posters

Go down

OP4:What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country? Empty OP4:What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country?

Post  itchyfeet51 Tue Apr 08 2008, 19:43

What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country? Think of one suggestion and explain why you think it is needed.

Nowadays new Korean government really stress on the speaking and listening skills of English in the public education. When the government criticizes the English education system now, what the government say sounds that the reason students can’t speak English fluently is teachers’ incompetency. It’s not all teachers’ fault but to some extent it is right. Thus I think one of suggestions to improve the public English education in my country can be more and better INSET (IN Service English Training).

First of all, some English teachers neglect their work. In my country the teaching occupation in public school is regarded as one of stable and safe job. Because teachers are relatively well paid and have no risk to be fired. Based on these reason some of them stick to easy way as time goes by after being teachers. They just read and translate textbook and don’t try to make a new and adventurous attempt to improve students’ English ability. INSET can stir their stagnant teaching life and encourage them to be strenuous teachers again.

Secondly, English methodology is changing as time goes by so teachers have to adjust the new methodology. Of course teachers are already trained various teaching method before. However they may have difficulty with teaching students and dealing with them. Acquiring the new methodology could be a good means to find a better way to teach students.

In conclusion, I’ve discussed why INSET (IN Service English Training) is needed to improve the public English education in my country. For students and teachers INSET should be developed more and have to be taken more often on basis of the reasons I mentioned above.
itchyfeet51
itchyfeet51
Starter
Starter

Back to top Go down

OP4:What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country? Empty Re: OP4:What do you think needs to be done to improve English Education in your country?

Post  Younghee choi Wed Apr 09 2008, 21:28

I agree with you.
It might be hard to judge all the teachers to sit back and unwilling to develop new materials. Some are working very hard. Still, it is important to expand INSET programs.
Some teachers say that being a lanugage teacher is not an easy job any more because a lot of training programs don't leave them alone during vacations. Although it is demanding to take part in INSET programs every vacation, they will be extremely useful for the teachers to step forward.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down