English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thursday May 1st

Go down

Thursday May 1st Empty Thursday May 1st

Post  Jason Renshaw Fri May 02 2008, 05:56

Hi students,

My apologies for missing last night's class on account of illness. I seem to have had a stomach virus of some sort. I began throwing up from about 3pm, so I took some medicine and tried to stick it out, but by 5pm I was starting to get feverish. I had to leave before the situation got worse. As it was, I got home and spent the rest of the day and half of last night with a pretty horrifying fever. I'm still weak and drained this morning, but much more lucid.

I did pass on your mid-term exams to Mr. Seong to distribute in class. I know how much some of you have been waiting to see your performance. You'll notice there isn't much feedback on the papers other than scores. With 40+ students and such a long test, it wasn't possible to get the papers graded and include personal feedback in a short period of time. However, you are more than welcome to come and see me in person if you would like 1-1 feedback about your test and the scores in each part. I will be happy to explain that to you.

Overall, I am happy with the mid-term test performance. I think the tests were a very accurate reflection of what students know and have learned as a result of this course. Happily, everyone who took the test passed (though some by a very close margin...). There were some outstanding scores as well, and that was great to see.

I did try to prepare some video news tasks for you to do last night. My intention was that you could all go to the computer lab and do the work there. I'm not sure if that was understood or passed on well. In any case, considering the class time lost, I would like you all to try and get those video tasks done over the next week (before next week's class). Remember you need to comment on all three stories.

Sorry again for missing the class - I was very much looking forward to seeing you all again. I don't often fall ill, and it passes quickly, so let's hope this is a once-off.

Take care, good luck with the video tasks, and see you all next week.

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down