English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Timed Integrated Writing Task Practice (5/29)

2 posters

Go down

Timed Integrated Writing Task Practice (5/29) Empty Timed Integrated Writing Task Practice (5/29)

Post  Young Tue Jun 03 2008, 05:22

There are two ways to teach speaking: PPP and AAA. PPP means presentation , practice, and production. AAA means awareness, appropriate, and autonomy. They are common, standard approach and used to train for teachers to teach speaking. PPP is controlled, but AAA is more free and uncontrolled. Both of them are vital for teaching speaking but difficult to practice.

In presentation, the first P of PPP, teachers teach language first and then functional grammar. They build a situation that involve the language, and use materials such as pictures and listening. From those materials, they form vocabulary. On the other hand, awareness, the first step in AAA, is for students' notice and understanding something. Teachers choose language for situation starting with real conversation or dialogue. Discourse marker and important expressions are picked in the real conversation in awareness step. However, in presentation, language is picked in the grammatical lexicon.

Practice, the second stage of PPP, is controlled-application involving drills, fills, and close test. This stage is for learners not to make errors and to practice a lot. On the contrary, in appropriation, the second A of AAA, teachers make formal term in many ways. Then, students put the language in controlled ways by doing such as drill, role-play, and drama. When we appropriate something, we make it our own. Likewise, in appropriation, students practice the language to make it their own in an uncontrolled way.

In production stage, which is the last step of PPP students produce the language using their more judgement more freely. Students produce relevant presentation of the key language. However, in autonomy, the last A of AAA, learners use the language so fast without artificial things or thinking time. Autonomy is developed by each learner. Teachers use natural environment for students to be autonomous.
Young
Young
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

Timed Integrated Writing Task Practice (5/29) Empty How are you?

Post  Jung namsook Tue Jun 03 2008, 13:52

Hi heeyoung!

Seeing your post of the integrated essay, I thought that you're getting better at time sharing. You must be an early bird to catch several worms at a time. You really are super mom. On the other hand, I'm not curing myself a deep-rooted chronic laziness. I know I'm sort of skiddish and faint hearted. Whenever I face something ungent to just deal with, I easily give up. Sorry it's not appropriate for my reply. You are one of the close friends and I don't hold in negative feelings about myself. Anyway I need to hurry to be done with integrated essay and chart essay. One of my worries is that I'm very nervous when I take integrated writing essay tests. I think I need to overcome my anxiety.
Jung namsook
Jung namsook
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down