English Advance!
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OP1: My greatest fear and hope

+2
Ko, Min-Jung
Hwan Ki, Kim
6 posters

Go down

OP1: My greatest fear and hope Empty OP1: My greatest fear and hope

Post  Hwan Ki, Kim Fri Mar 21 2008, 13:47

People always make decisions on their lives. Everybody wants to make good decisions. My greatest fear is losing my chances of life. The big problem is my personality. People used to talk about general behaviors by the blood type. The perfect match of Blood A type should be me; hesitation, perfectionist, consideration, organization. I spend considerable amount of time hesitating to do something. In addition to that, the work causes lots of stress because it has to meet certain satisfaction once I started. Lack of assertion is another anxiety. To avoid the trouble, I usually follow other people's opinion though there is something in my mind. I concern too much about hurting other people's feelings.

The greatest hope of mine is meeting a soul mate and having wonderful children. I have a dream that one day I commit myself to the woman that I truly loved and be the greatest husband and father to my family. It may sounds little fantasy, however, when it comes to the time that I feel this is a only chance of my life, I would do anything not to lose it. There is an interesting word called 'No Campus Couple Hall of Fame'. This term was induced by English Education department to recognize the man who never had relationship with girlfriend before graduation. I hope that my soul mate finds me ahead of schedule.

Fear exits to achieve greater hope. If we know both fear and hope, blend of these two incompatible elements will generate victories in our life.

Last edited by Jason Renshaw on Sat Mar 22 2008, 20:43; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Subject)
Hwan Ki, Kim
Hwan Ki, Kim
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP1: My greatest fear and hope Empty Re: OP1: My greatest fear and hope

Post  Ko, Min-Jung Fri Mar 21 2008, 19:04

It's surpring that a young man like you already made up the mind to become a good husband and a good father. You will make one of the best ones in the world. I hope you'll find your perfect match sooner or later.

I'm also blood A type. It looks like our destiny to accept our demerits as they are, and struggle with them all the time.... However, there are also positive aspects, like being earnest, creative, sensible, and calm. Let's try to look at to bright side!

By the way, I really like your hair... Very Happy
Ko, Min-Jung
Ko, Min-Jung
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Younghee choi Fri Mar 21 2008, 19:38

I'd like to suggest one thing to keep in mind when you choose your soul mate.
Don't be too picky about the choice and try to be active to fine one instead of waiting for the woman to find you.
Younghee choi
Younghee choi
Superstar!
Superstar!

Back to top Go down

OP1: My greatest fear and hope Empty Hwan Ki's feedback

Post  Jason Renshaw Sat Mar 22 2008, 13:46

Hi Hwan Ki,

Nice effort on your response to this topic. I think the fears you express are common to many young people, and I found your hope to be very touching due to the genuine and open way you describe it. Good writing can be influenced in a very positive way if we can open our hearts and minds and touch our innermost thoughts and emotions.

I am very happy to see that your writing is already developing well, considering the first written efforts I saw from you. Here I can see good organization and control in your writing. The two main ideas inherent to the topic are well divided and explored.

I think the first sentence of your response could have been expanded a little to create a nice little introduction. You could then enter in a line break and start the next paragraph with explicit focus on your fear. The end result would be a tidy 4-paragraph essay.

In any case, this is a fine first effort from you in the writing forum.

Below you will see some suggestions relevant to language development:

Hwan Ki, Kim wrote: Question People always make decisions on their lives. Everybody wants to make good decisions. My greatest fear is losing my chances of life. The big problem is my personality. People used to talk about general behaviors by the blood type. The perfect match of Blood A type should be me; hesitation, perfectionist, consideration, organization. I spend considerable amount of time hesitating to do something. In addition to that, the work causes lots of stress because it has to meet certain satisfaction once I started. Lack of assertion is another anxiety. Question To avoid the trouble, I usually follow other people's opinion though there is something in my mind. I concern too much about hurting other people's feelings.

The greatest hope of mine is meeting a soul mate and having wonderful children. I have a dream that one day I commit myself to the woman that I truly loved and be the greatest husband and father to my family. Question It may sounds little fantasy, however, when it comes to the time that I feel this is a only chance of my life, I would do anything not to lose it. There is an interesting word called 'No Campus Couple Hall of Fame'. This term was induced by English Education department to recognize the man who never had relationship with girlfriend before graduation. I hope that my soul mate finds me ahead of schedule.

Fear exits to achieve greater hope. If we know both fear and hope, blend of these two incompatible elements will generate victories in our life.

Cool People always make decisions about their lives

Cool To avoid any trouble, I usually follow other people's opinions even though my mind may have its own inclination

Cool Even though it may sound a little like fantasy, when it comes to the point that I feel this is once in a lifetime opportunity, I would do anything not to miss it.

Good work on your first online submission and best of luck for your future writing efforts!

Best wishes,

~ Jason

Jason Renshaw
Jason Renshaw
Admin
Admin

http://onlinEnglish.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Jihye Park Sun Mar 23 2008, 08:56

What a tender guy you are! Smile I agree with younghee Choi's comment.
Let's don't be picky.

There's one thing that I want to ask you.. "Are you living eagerly to catch your chances?".. Well.. actually I want to ask to myself.
Jihye Park
Jihye Park
Mover
Mover

Back to top Go down

OP1: My greatest fear and hope Empty You and me are the same blood type!

Post  Seyoung Yoon Mon Mar 24 2008, 20:48

Type A!
People say that Blood type A stands for narrow-minded and hesitation. But I don't think so. Conversly, I think it is the standards of prucdence. Therefore we always make the right decision. Because our decision is the result of long and deep thought. I cannot say that every decision is perfect but I can say that most of them are pretty close to that. Don't you agree with me?
Seyoung Yoon
Seyoung Yoon
Wizard
Wizard

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down